Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: whats the best NON minelab beach detector?  (Read 8223 times)
stickygreen

« on: November 03, 2013, 02:29:37 PM »

I'm getting very frustrated with my sovereign im using the 15" wot coil it just wont shut up its constantly going off in my ear and driving me insane.
so i either want something else for the beach or i will give up on beach detecting all together.

When you don't know where you're going,  any road will get you there.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 02:51:54 PM »

Turn your sensitivity down Huh
Nothing else comes close so either learn your machine or as you say give up Wink
stickygreen

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 02:54:32 PM »

whats the best way to pin point with the gt?

Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 02:55:41 PM »

Most of us who used the Sov+WOT combination changed to the 12"x15" SEF when it came out as it's more stable and so you don't get the same falsing at high sens.
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 02:58:30 PM »

whats the best way to pin point with the gt?

Wiggle! the Sovereign wiggle that is.......just reduce width of swings and you can get the centre down to an inch swing. Or you can use the pinpoint function Wink
stickygreen

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 03:02:24 PM »

im doing my best with it im just not getting the hang of it,  i want to so i will give it a bit more time, do you if the 13" ultimate coil is better than the wot?

Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 03:16:20 PM »

More stable yes, though you may loose some depth but that's the trade off with any machine or coil, the quieter it is the less sensitive to small items it's bound to be.
My advice would be to buy Celtic spikeys coil if it's still for sale, 15" depth while not being effected by so much mineralisation due to the narrow footprint.
http://www.detectingwales.com/index.php?topic=19127.0
alun

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 04:08:44 PM »

Exactly what Geoff said, knowing your unit is 90% of the game. Sovereigns are really good beach units, but I use a whites DFX, which I can use with confidence as i have learnt to understand the unit. It is no better than the sovereign but its what I am use too.
Keep going buddy it will come in time.  Wink

Roman Artefacts: 6
Gold:         3
Medieval 15
Silver:34
Etrac
AT Pro
Whites
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 06:07:48 PM »

I'm getting very frustrated with my sovereign im using the 15" wot coil it just wont shut up its constantly going off in my ear and driving me insane.
so i either want something else for the beach or i will give up on beach detecting all together.
Am I correct in thinking you have got a Sovereign GT Wink ;)with the WOT coil stickygreen
stickygreen

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 06:26:56 PM »

you are.

Da Monkey
Superhero Member

secret CTX LuVVeeerrrrrr

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2013, 06:34:11 PM »

Love my DFX on the beach, nice & quiet and finds the goods as well as my Minelab EX2...

BOOOOMMMM  BABBBBEEHHHHH!!! I've found even more old tat !!!     Grin Grin
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2013, 07:33:28 PM »

you are.
Well what I can say mate is that I have had Sovereigns for years, and a few months ago I decided to upgrade to a GT Huh this was a big mistake Angry where as my Elite with the WOT coil was stable and ridiculously deep on the beach, the GT was frustratingly unstable and drove me mad, it was also as bad on my roman sites , my advice would be to get  rid of the GT, and  get an Elite Wink defiantly keep your WOT coil for the beach, I also use the ultimate coil but it to was useless with the GT, Huh Huh don't ask me why it just was, I have heard from dealers to that the GT is unstable, DO NOT GIVE UP MATE,GET RID OF IT  Wink Wink
sandpiper

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2013, 09:01:59 PM »

Hi
My first thoughts that there may be an issue with the coil, if you have the standard coil swop it over and see if the   false signals stop  and it stabilizes .
Secondly if theres any sand between the coil cover and the coil it will sound off -Its a well known issue- take off the coil cover and see if it improves .If that works then seal the coil cover onto the coil with silicone or something similar so that sand and water are kept out.
Thirdly dont try too much sensitivity at first set it at 12 o'clock or 1 o'clock or even in auto to start.

The sovereigns are in my opinion the best beach machines out there ,don't give up - first find and eliminate the problems.Stick with it-  you will have great times on the beach.
My sovereign took some time getting used to -at first it used to blow my ears off and I had all sorts of learning problems with falsing but I've had it since 1999 and boy I wouldn't be without it and I normally only use the standard coil,
Hope that helps .good luck.

you have to believe it to achieve it !!
stickygreen

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2013, 10:35:18 PM »

thanks celticspikey very helpful.

first thing i did was clean under the coil cover and seal with silicon and today was running sensitivity at 3 oclock which is too low, ive read that some use sovereign on max sensitvity but with mine and the coil im using it wouldnt be possible not even close.

Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2013, 10:57:54 PM »

Ummm Huh 3 o'clock...now that doesn't sound right. Was it new ie under guarantee? You need to find someone else with a GT to try your coil on their machine and theirs on yours to see if either has a fault.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal