Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Garrett Pro pointer  (Read 1609 times)
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« on: October 24, 2013, 08:25:44 PM »

Had my replacement probe a couple of weeks ago and it's been working a treat,I went
out for a couple of hours yesterday and the flat battery tone went off , so I decided to call it
a day. Before going out this afternoon I bought a new battery, fitted it, Tuned it on and off
working fine.  I then started detecting. As soon as I got my first signal I went to use the probe
and it started going crazy, Low battery signal, switching itself off, I unscrewed the battery cap, removed the  battery , re inserted it and it worked fine again for about a couple of minutes.
It then started switching itself off again and falsing. I persevered for a couple of hours then
decided enough was enough.
                                              I had visions of having to send it off yet again for repair, to say that I
wasn't happy was an understatement. I then had an idea that maybe the new battery was faulty, so on the way home I called back in the shop and asked for a replacement, I tried the new battery in the probe and it was still the same . When I got home I took a duracell battery out of one of my grandsons toys and tried it, PROBLEM SOLVED, why I don't know
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 08:27:22 PM by dryland » Logged

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
welsh john

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 08:40:33 PM »

Perhaps the shop has a bad batch or the shop keeper is keeping them passed the shealf life. Huh

Minelab Explorer SE.
Sef 8x6 coil,Platapus coil,10"stock coil.
Garrett pro pointer.
Finds,
Queen Ann trade weight.
Bronze Axe Head.
Roman partifact.
1350 Bronze Token.
William lll Sixpence.
George lll Shilling.
Victoria Shilling.
Silver......80g.
Gold.........0g.
Scrap
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 08:41:37 PM »

Dylan not all batteries are the same physical size, yes they should be but Eveready is a case in point where their PP3 won't actually fit in some devices meant to house the PP3.
One remedy that some people have used on a seemingly faulty probe is to pop a piece of cardboard between the battery and the end cap, another is to loosen the end cap off. So It could just be that the gap between the terminals and the cap is not precise and therefore makes the probe playup.
It may be worth just seeing if you can bend the contacts up slightly giving you a better contact Huh
Or pop a bit of cardboard in the lid with the "faulty" battery and see if it works?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 08:50:55 PM by Chef Geoff » Logged
H-LoneStar

Dig everything and you will never fail to find!

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 08:43:22 PM »

you cant beat Duracell batteries in my old detector cheap ones lasted 10mins duracell days!

Dig it.
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 09:00:36 PM »

Geoff as you said , there is a slight difference in size  between the duracell and the panasonic
battery that I bought earlier , only very slight but  it must be enough to make a difference.
As you say Lonestar I think I'll stick to duracell from now on.

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 09:07:05 PM »

I had this problem on mine, and also on my whites prizm detector. BQ cheapies dont work with them ,they need a little more oomph Grin stick with Duracell dryland Wink

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
Svaipa

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 06:54:02 AM »

It could also be because the two batteries have a different mAh value. I know this to be a problem with digital cameras. One of my cameras keeps turning it self off, even on new batteries if they are under 2900.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 08:14:20 AM »

Definitely a difference in size.  A few weeks ago I was thinking about a back up in case I had a problem with my Garrett. I went and dug out my Sherlock and put a Duracell to test it still worked. It was a tight fit going in but the only way I could get it out was forcing it out with a knife.
Needless to say I had to dump the Duracell after. So if I do need to use the Sherlock I'll have to buy a cheap battery specially for it.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal