Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Didnt The Japanese Market Metal Detectors?  (Read 1576 times)
Spooyt Vane
« on: October 23, 2013, 02:48:28 PM »

My father in the late sixties and early seventies was building D.I.Y. radio kits from Japan..He bought out of Exchange and Mart mag a metal detector D.I.Y. kit from Japan.....It was the first time i used a metal detector.....It was useless but it got the bug going..The market  was probably to small for the Japanese and i wonder if their technology would brought a advancement in design of detectors today if they had got involved?
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 06:13:38 PM »

Perish the thought Rob. They'd probably be remote controlled. Shocked 
Mind you p'raps that wouldn't be a bad idea. Just take a chair and flask and sit at the side of the field and let the machine do the work. Would suit me fine  Roll Eyes

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Goldpanner

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 02:56:16 PM »

Come on, it was bad enough using the Yank machines with all their bad English and US coins.
Can you imagine one in Japanese or a bad translation.

Instluctions
" To ignite machine be twisting the second knob of the first rever then when feering foot wave head in the air for 5 secondblips!, then go!"   Huh Huh

Spooyt Vane
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 01:28:02 PM »

Come on, it was bad enough using the Yank machines with all their bad English and US coins.
Can you imagine one in Japanese or a bad translation.

Instluctions
" To ignite machine be twisting the second knob of the first rever then when feering foot wave head in the air for 5 secondblips!, then go!"   Huh Huh

Ha ha good one mate....But on the serious side ,you know iam from the Isle of Man and the famous T.T Races ...When the Japanese first came to T.T...They copied British bikes and it wasnt long before they became world leaders in motor cycles with their own designs and modern technology ..Yes VAL that sounds about right for me to Grin
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 09:02:11 PM »

Thinking about it I'm surprised they haven't as well. I'm sure they could leave all the competition standing if they wanted to and probably do us all a favour by introducing some real competition to the closed market that exists today.
Long gone are the days when we used to chant 'Jap rubbish'  Amazing how things turn around, isn't it.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal