Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: WHICH IS THE BEST METAL DETECTOR IN THE WORLD???  (Read 51261 times)
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2013, 04:45:16 AM »

This is a very good article to read and goes some way to explaining why one persons opinion is as about as useful as a chocolate teapot. Wink
http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/head-to-head.htm
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 06:29:11 AM by Chef Geoff » Logged
carling2

« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2013, 08:08:37 AM »

I don't think anyone can say which machine is best,ive seen people use top price machines and run round fields with them with there arm going like mad then deciding to get another detecter because they aint fnding much,i agree with the comment that if you know your machine that's half the battle won include a good productive site {sorry guys sometimes in places there is nothing to be found}and get in as many hours as you can.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2013, 08:16:39 AM »

In other words (the words of a wise old sage)   I'ts only a bad workman that complains about his tools.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2013, 09:25:46 AM »

None because all detector do 1 job is finding metals you can have a 5k machine and a land full of merde and nothing , or you can get a £250 00 machine and une land tres bueno  and you going  home with the best detector in the world Grin
joross
Rally attendee

« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2013, 01:21:39 PM »

Surely some detectors go deeper and are more accurate??? Different MHz,different discriminations ....

So I must disagree with the statement 'all detectors are the same!!!!!!'

:-) 

I can't wait to claim a celtic gold coin .... That's my sole mission
Goldpanner

« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2013, 02:51:44 PM »

I would like to suggest that my wifes nose is the best Metal Detector in the World.
She can smell out a jeweller shop at 100 Yards.  Roll Eyes
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2013, 04:06:44 PM »

Surely some detectors go deeper and are more accurate??? Different MHz,different discriminations ....

kHz not mHz
Depth is more dependant on size of target in relation to mineralisation. On a heavy mineralised site all detectors are basically the same if looking for a cut half, in normal mineralised soil then the higher frequency is (on paper) better but large objects at depth then lower frequency machines are going to be the tool to use.
No one machine does it all not even the Deus or the Etrac, if you learn the technology and more importantly it's limitations you'll soon find that all the statements of "Deus is the best" or "Minelab is tops" just insults your intelligence. Wink
joross
Rally attendee

« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2013, 10:19:37 PM »

kHz sorry bloody iPhones lol yes that is true every detector has different uses good and bad points but....... Which is number one?Huh hahahaha

There's no answer it seems

I can't wait to claim a celtic gold coin .... That's my sole mission
Johnboy25

« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2013, 10:38:32 AM »

Very good post. Smiley.will stick with my Laser Hawkeye for now.
RelicRead
Rally attendee

« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2013, 12:22:51 PM »

I personally believe its the person not the machine, I have an etrac and my bro has an ace 250 and he's found better coins than me. I do find more but it sometimes comes down to 'right place,right time!'
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2013, 01:21:57 PM »

I personally believe its the person not the machine, I have an etrac and my bro has an ace 250 and he's found better coins than me. I do find more but it sometimes comes down to 'right place,right time!'

RelicRead I know what you mean about the Ace 250 its a great coin shooting machine I must say, with the ultimate coil..... Stever always surprises me when we go out coin shooting he hits coin after coin, from all around me, but taking my machine the tejon to a ploughed site is awesome, if I ever up graded to anther machine for my sites I don't think it would make any difference in finds, its more to do with the reason we get board and want change.
Anyway I just bought a Xp 4khz machine for pasture, last weekend for a little fun just to compare the differences between my 17khz machine, now I got one at each end of the scale Wink to see the benefits myself Roll Eyes   
Mrmayo

teknetics t2, minelab advantage.

« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2014, 10:42:26 PM »

RelicRead I know what you mean about the Ace 250 its a great coin shooting machine I must say, with the ultimate coil..... Stever always surprises me when we go out coin shooting he hits coin after coin, from all around me, but taking my machine the tejon to a ploughed site is awesome, if I ever up graded to anther machine for my sites I don't think it would make any difference in finds, its more to do with the reason we get board and want change.
Anyway I just bought a Xp 4khz machine for pasture, last weekend for a little fun just to compare the differences between my 17khz machine, now I got one at each end of the scale Wink to see the benefits myself Roll Eyes   
so what was the outcome dale, if you have had the chance. Roll Eyes to use them. Wink

if in doubt  DIG IT OUT.
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2014, 11:13:35 PM »

so what was the outcome dale, if you have had the chance. Roll Eyes to use them. Wink

I ran the 4khz Advantis 2 over my test bed, If I remember right it only found 2-3 targets out of 6 targets, plus a very quick field test in ploughed soil, using a little button at two inches, the machine did not even flick, the Tejon was hitting it a couple of inches above the ground.......so to be honest it got sold and never used, for my type of hunting, I would miss to many finds using the 4khz Smiley
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2014, 11:57:49 PM »

kHz not mHz
Depth is more dependant on size of target in relation to mineralisation. On a heavy mineralised site all detectors are basically the same if looking for a cut half, in normal mineralised soil then the higher frequency is (on paper) better but large objects at depth then lower frequency machines are going to be the tool to use.
No one machine does it all not even the Deus or the Etrac, if you learn the technology and more importantly it's limitations you'll soon find that all the statements of "Deus is the best" or "Minelab is tops" just insults your intelligence. Wink

I agree - having both machines now. In this weather, I've been using the Deus (partly because I am trying to learn it) because I can hide the earphones under my hood and keep dry - however I find that I am digging much more rubbish (maybe because I am learning it) than I would the E-TRAC. Personally I'd still favour the E-TRAC in a park because I've got a much better idea of what I'm digging / looking for. I also probably favour the Deus on freshly ploughed land, but haven't had the opportunity to really see if it is 'better' yet
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2014, 12:00:15 AM »

Of course the land makes a big difference. I don't tend to find much because the land is mostly pasture and it's been detected for 20 years - one of these days I'll pluck up courage to ask for some new land from someone - hopefully with lots of hammies on it Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal