Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: WHICH IS THE BEST METAL DETECTOR IN THE WORLD???  (Read 51721 times)
colin

dig everything

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2013, 08:31:45 PM »

on ploughed i would say the Deus & f75 two fast recovery machines,think it was neil who
done a field test some time back on a piece of gold in a packet and the only detectors
that managed a decent signal were the t2 & f75 cant remember where i seen it though
 Wink
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2013, 08:35:06 PM »

Too many variables and what terrain?
I think most would agree that FBS takes the medal on id'ing targets.
BBS has no VLF competition  on the beach
Deus or GMP will kick arse on ploughed.
Easy tones? Well you have to go some to beat the simple 2 tone all metal of the T2/F75 or the Xterra 705
 Huh Huh Huh Huh
But then you have to add in machine/coil combinations.

Tesoro's or better still Lasers have been left behind a little though the Trident II is a great hammy hoover.

Geoff I agree on the T2 it was a toss up between mine and the T2, its looking to be my next machine.

joross
Rally attendee

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2013, 08:36:11 PM »

That's awesome Smiley ill look that post up

I can't wait to claim a celtic gold coin .... That's my sole mission
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2013, 08:38:43 PM »

Sorry Dale I forgot the "Animal" Undecided Yes T2 would be my choice after the FBS and only second because I know my machine.
The gold test was by Avalon and is more to do with the shape of the gold, I dare say that a 30 year old T/R machine would find it without any problem Wink
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 08:41:50 PM by Chef Geoff » Logged
joross
Rally attendee

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2013, 08:47:23 PM »

As DALE. N me were in it together and researched a machine from feedback or YouTube for around the £600 mark the tejon or badger (or ANIMAL lol ) was the best machine at that range,quite close to a t2 or goldmax we both went for the tejon,I'm happy with it... Dales banged out 10 hammereds in four weeks alone... So it can't be a bad machine,I would like a test bed with all the top ten machines tried n tested for everyone to see how each machine preforms Smiley obviously different conditions equal different results but in fair weather on a ploughed field would be a good test,I also must mention a change of coil and do lots for a machine also one to take into account

I can't wait to claim a celtic gold coin .... That's my sole mission
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2013, 08:51:13 PM »

Sorry Dale I forgot the "Animal" Undecided

Geoff my land has been hit by laser Tridents for years and years, including my power max, running the tejon next to these machines really is no match, pentechnic told me if my power max is working ok its not worth up grading to the Trident II as the gain is not worth it, he knows his machines, as you know.

My hammered count for the year with the laser was 3 its a big difference Wink

Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2013, 09:03:47 PM »

I would like to have a go on a FBS machine just to see what it is like for id'ing targets, because usually I id my hammies when I wipe the mud off Huh just a little banter Shocked lol Grin 
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2013, 09:04:42 PM »

You have always got to factor in the land of course in 2011 I had 18 hammies in a month and 35 for the year and I have a headphone customer in Essex with a Cscope cs3mx who's found 56 so far this year Embarrassed
One other factor is the amount of man hours spent using machines, a few years ago everyone was using minelabs and therefore the majority of finds came from using that machine, now Deus is the flavour of the month and so it's finds are in vogue. If we looked at finds from machines alone to decide, then most of us would be using a Garrett Ace 250 purely because there are more people using it and therefore more finds Huh
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2013, 09:07:00 PM »

Hi to all members,the oldest/biggest question is 'which metal detector is the best?'

I'm opening this topic as a non-biased one,

Best for price?

Best for depth?

Best for accuracy??

Your answers should take these three questions into account...

Also..

Weight

sounds I.e if their annoying or not

Reliability

I'm looking forward to hearing your views Cheesy

I reckon the "Tandy Micronta 4001" turbo, it can pick up silver foil and nails that other machines leave behind , it runs on 6x AA batteries which is ironic as they cost more than the detector Grin Grin hard to find a good one thou Huh Huh Huh
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2013, 09:09:08 PM »

Dale the FBS can id pretty precisely because it's the only machine that id's two dimensionally...Conductive and ferrous
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2013, 09:12:02 PM »

You have always got to factor in the land of course in 2011 I had 18 hammies in a month and 35 for the year and I have a headphone customer in Essex with a Cscope cs3mx who's found 56 so far this year Embarrassed
One other factor is the amount of man hours spent using machines, a few years ago everyone was using minelabs and therefore the majority of finds came from using that machine, now Deus is the flavour of the month and so it's finds are in vogue. If we looked at finds from machines alone to decide, then most of us would be using a Garrett Ace 250 purely because there are more people using it and therefore more finds Huh

True
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2013, 09:20:39 PM »

Dale the FBS can id pretty precisely because it's the only machine that id's two dimensionally...Conductive and ferrous

Im sure it is pretty precise... to be honest Geoff I do not really under stand the differences between FBS, VLF to comment.
welshjohn

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2013, 09:48:44 PM »

No easy answer to this one; depends what you know and like.  For me, the Minelab Explorer SE fitted with a WOT coil really takes some beating.  Crank it right open on the pasture / clean land.  Add a bit more discrim and turn the sensitivity down on the beach.  Great set up.

For the dry stuff / ploughed and rolled I use an X-terra 705.  Its not as deep as the FBS machines but it really beats the multi frequency machines hands down on the light and airy soil.  The single frequency seems to punch through the fluffy soil a lot better and pinpoint.

Still miss the old faithful Minelab Sovereign Elite as well.  Hip mount the control box in a bag and put the search head on a straight shaft and you can go all day at the beach.  Great set up.

What about the C-Scopes? Many on Detecting Wales use them?

WelshJohn
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2013, 10:22:57 PM »

Gosh, so many variables!

Probably the best jack of all trades is the BBS like E Trac/ Explorers etc. best for beach.

The nicest/ easiest to use/ versatile is the Deus.

The deepest, on land, if used/ set up properly is The BLISS V3.

Having said that, it's how the user uses his machine a lot of the time. Knowing your machine can push up your finds.

diggerdave1

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2013, 01:13:58 AM »

The Deeptech...stable of machines plus the...Sorex..Nokta...Rutus. Wink....are all excellant machines,,,with reviews to match,,,,cmon guys open yr minds alittle,,,,,,its not allways just the usual bunch........................ Huh

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal