Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Deus or etrack ??  (Read 16388 times)
dickvandyke

« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2013, 11:04:52 AM »

yep its each to his own,and everyone has their own opinion and i would have another etrac but id have a new one instead of second hand or at least nearly new im certain mine was going wrong.
cause as you say i got all excited before my hols looking at etrac beach vids and was quite dissapointed.
that having been said i didnt find much in the fields either so may have been a fault,but when you buy second hand you dont know what theyve been through.
every now and then it would lock on a signal and do a really low pithched almost inaudible squeal of a tone and would lock like that and stay like it if you either didnt turn it off or find another signal.
but it still worked but also never found anything that deep apart from rubbish.
but it used to find bits of ring pull that were tiny at 12 inches,it was very confusing at the end thats why i had to let it go.
in fact id say i found more with my xs than the etrac.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2013, 11:08:22 AM »

The Etrac is an Explorer but more user friendly Undecided
The safari is a nice machine but doesn't quite have the oomph of the Explorers, I'm afraid the truth is that if you don't put in the effort to learn the tones and suffer the blips and squeaks you won't benefit from the system Cry
dickvandyke

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2013, 11:11:02 AM »

theres nothing confusing about the etrac in fact the etrac is easier to setup than the Deus i have now.
but its not even that with the Deus i now have to learn what the different settings like the silencer and reactivity do to alter the machine thats all.
the etrac is easy to use my problem was that it wasnt working but when they are they have to be the best all round machine on the market apart from the Deus.
i now prefer the Deus as i wasnt mad on pitched tones where as the Deus is a yes or no machine really,and when its not happy with something i can tell more than i could with the etrac and can choose not to dig it or not.
but if you can afford an etrac,you wont be dissapointed buy one you are in the top 3 or 4 of all machines on the market then.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 11:13:34 AM by dickvandyke » Logged
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2013, 11:12:36 AM »

every now and then it would lock on a signal and do a really low pithched almost inaudible squeal of a tone and would lock like that and stay like it if you either didnt turn it off or find another signal.c.

That would be "pitch hold".....not a fault just a changeable user setting Roll Eyes
dickvandyke

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2013, 11:17:59 AM »

i dont mean that,what i mean is every sound setting on the etrac starts low then goes higher dosnt it?
so therefore all the tones have a pitch do they not?
whereas the Deus like lots of others machines is bleep,or buurp do you see what i mean?like a garrett door bell type.
and what i did for a long time what hunt with too much disc may have been the problem but as we know when you disc out lots of screen you mask the good stuff dont you...im not having that problem with the Deus.
i feel it does a lot better with iron than i was with the etrac.
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2013, 11:22:03 AM »

I think that most high end machines will do the job, patience is the secret, don't expect great results first time out. I use a Deus  and I find it very user friendly and have had good results with it. It's better to stick with the same machine and learn it properly, instead of chasing makers over exagerated claims and so called field tests.
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2013, 11:23:43 AM »

Yes but what you've described is pitch hold rather than the other 3 settings. It is an audio discriminator therefore to get the best from it it should be used with an open screen (no disc) so there is no recovery delay at all, the tones will tell you good from bad. It's like all things in life the more you put in to it the more you'll get out.
hotmill
Superhero Member

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2013, 11:26:00 AM »

The Etrac is an Explorer but more user friendly Undecided
The safari is a nice machine but doesn't quite have the oomph of the Explorers, I'm afraid the truth is that if you don't put in the effort to learn the tones and suffer the blips and squeaks you won't benefit from the system Cry

Thanks Chef

XP Deus user
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2013, 11:26:37 AM »

Very true Dungbeetle I totally agree, learn your machine, as the saying goes...."A good detectorist with a bad machine will always find more than a bad detectorist with a good machine" Wink
dickvandyke

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2013, 11:30:08 AM »

i think for me personally ill always have a Deus now but may get another machine as well if i could get an explorer 2,would like to try another fbs for deffinate.
Goldpanner

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2013, 12:34:28 PM »

i think for me personally ill always have a Deus now but may get another machine as well if i could get an explorer 2,would like to try another fbs for deffinate.
Yep I agree
I got another machine as a backup.
Another Deus
SpineyDave

Mine

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2013, 02:13:12 PM »

I'm lucky enough to have both machines and they both get used depending on the site i'm on. Etrac for deep pasture and beachs and Deus for the rest (and when I need a rest, the Etrac is a bit of a lump  Shocked).

Both great machines

Dave
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2013, 02:59:11 PM »

So that's it Two great machines  Wink
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2013, 06:42:29 PM »

my etrac rocks lol Grin

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
Mrmayo

teknetics t2, minelab advantage.

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2013, 09:22:06 PM »

Right that's it STOP now I've decided I'm getting both lol just don't tell the wife!!!  Grin

if in doubt  DIG IT OUT.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal