Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Deus or etrack ??  (Read 16393 times)
Mrmayo

teknetics t2, minelab advantage.

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2013, 09:04:18 PM »

yes Dave the t2 is an awesome kit that's why I have one Grin!!!! just lost my mojo at this point in time Undecided so was looking for a possible upgrade Huh, but would never sell the trusty T2  Wink

if in doubt  DIG IT OUT.
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2013, 09:28:15 PM »

As Herbie said its also the hard hours you put in, more hours more finds.
At the moment im having a lot of fun with the Tejon, a simple turn on and go, set just above iron, sensitivity 6...... 10x12 wide scan coil, a good set of headphones is a must, as iv found out, and that's it, more that enough power to pick out any small hammered coinage, romans, even tiny lead pellets, no worries...... mines to stay
dickvandyke

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2013, 08:10:09 AM »

well i started off with an ace 250,then euro,then the xs,then i had a laser rapier trident plus at the same time as the xs that was brilliant best pinpointer ever.
then i had an se pro,and then an etrac then swapped the etrac for the Deus about a months back.
i read all the blurb at the time and ended up following through with the same make mentality thinking from machine to machine things wont change too much and i wont have to re learn if i stick with the same brand.
so i did and ultimately got to the etrac,and every time i got a new one i took it to a little patch of green by the river at a weir where everyone sits when its nice to test.
everytime ive found a few coins more than the last,when i got to the etrac i found about 10 coins in 30 mins which was best ever.
then recently i did it with the Deus and found 20 coins in 15 mins.
the Deus is mind blowing compared to the etrac for me BUT i never really liked the tone system that much even ttf was a pain in the arse i used to dig piles of iron.
and i would have an etrac again if i had a few spare quid for when i was feeling strong(the main reason i got rid was weight)i have found a couple of gold rings with the minelabs but in my experience they're not overly keen on gold.
but for the first time with the Deus i can hear every target i found about 6or 7 old coins the other day(not treasure btw)including a couple of 1940 silvers.
and the thing about the Deus is beep,burp,beep,beep its dead easy within 20 mins of using it i understood it.
i didnt really understand the etrac when i swapped it.
but the guy who gave it me said he'd had an etrac before and wanted to go back to what he knew,and he didnt trust what the Deus was saying..........so looks like we both got what we wanted.
but one thing people say is the etrac is a deeper seeker but if it is its not by much and the etrac also isnt particularly happy about disturbed ground whereas the Deus loves it all and is notoriously better  on ploughed.
in comming years minelab are really are gonna have to pull their socks up in the design stakes,weight is a massive(pardon the pun )problem.
the Deus with a slight modification ie a piece of aerial cable is a ready made water detector which was also something that was pushing me towards getting a second detector(at pro) when i had my etrac as i have land with streams on,now theres no need.
i love the Deus and every time i go out now it amazes me.
i wish so much id have had it instead of the etrac when we went on holiday in july as the etrac was completely useless on a wet beach and i found next to nothing.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2013, 08:21:19 AM »

i wish so much id have had it instead of the etrac when we went on holiday in july as the etrac was completely useless on a wet beach and i found next to nothing.

Ummm? Lets go to a beach, you bring a Deus and I'll bring an Etrac  Grin I'f you thought the Etrac was useless on a wet beach then I'm afraid your in for a nasty shock lol
relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2013, 08:30:44 AM »

The Deus is not intended as a beach machine

It’s an inland machine, if you want to find all the hammereds and small gold items the E-trac misses when detecting iron contaminated ground

Then buy a Deus

If you want to detect the beaches and need something to lean against when you have a fag then buy an E-trac
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 08:36:10 AM by relichunting » Logged

Deus 2013

Hammies: 32
Saxon gilded saucer brooch 1
Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
Goldpanner

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2013, 08:33:58 AM »

The Deus is not intended as a beach machine

Strange then that it has a Wet beach and Dry beach setting? the pumping ground balance will solve any problems.
Check out the Youtube videos where its been used on quite a few beaches.

The Etrac is a fine machine untill it yanks your arm from your socket or if you only want to detect for 2 hours.
Goldpanner

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2013, 08:38:47 AM »

Ummm? Lets go to a beach, you bring a Deus and I'll bring an Etrac  Grin I'f you thought the Etrac was useless on a wet beach then I'm afraid your in for a nasty shock lol

Many machines are useless on beaches for many reasons, set up and not understanding the machine is the main reason.
Both machines are equally as good but the weight thing with Minelabs ARE an issue no matter what anyone says.
I'll  take a Deus over a Minelab every time, beach or land, because when your arms hanging off I'll still be detecting
relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2013, 08:46:34 AM »

Yes it does have wet beach and Dry beach settings I have never tried it on the beach to make any comments on its performance

But it is still intended primarily as a land machine, and to be honest it’s in a class of its own

Deus 2013

Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
dickvandyke

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2013, 09:03:33 AM »

i tried everything with my etrac,even had the sensitivity between 10 and 15 not much more it was a nightmare.
and as gold goldpanner says you only have to look on youtube at the Deus beach videos to see it works....wet and dry.
the etrac will work on the beach but its not very good and better on dry sand the etrac dosnt like salt.
make your self up a test bed and and put a couple of pounds of salt in it and give it a go lol.
either mine was on the way out or i had the only etrac in the world that didnt work on the beach.
but it was fine on the dry(didnt find much mind i think i found about 85 pence between 2 beaches all week)but as soon as the sand darkened off the boil it went.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2013, 09:29:43 AM »

Many machines are useless on beaches for many reasons, set up and not understanding the machine is the main reason.
Both machines are equally as good but the weight thing with Minelabs ARE an issue no matter what anyone says.
I'll  take a Deus over a Minelab every time, beach or land, because when your arms hanging off I'll still be detecting

I'm afraid if you believe normal VLF is as good on a wet beach as the pulsed FBS then you really don't understand the technology. Yes all machines can be setup to "work" on a beach but to what extent?
I was detecting yesterday for 8 hours with the Etrac and my arms isn't falling off Huh
But and it's a big BUT, there is no getting away from the fact that the Deuce is one of the best machines out there and is a joy to use, the depth from only a 9" coil is incredible and XP have shown what a little thought in design can do as far as weight, portability and usability are concerned.
At the end of the day there is no point getting into a pi**ing competition about which is best as that's just tribal mentality and they're only tools to do a job, each will find 99% of what the other will find with that missing 1% being a weakness in each system.
As Celticspikey has shown recently, going over a previously (Minelab) detected area with the Deuce has brought it back to life but I feel certain that had the machines used been reversed the same results would have been reached.
Those who poo poo the FBS system quite openly admit that they either haven't used them or never truly understood the tone system and that's fine as it took me over a year  Embarrassed and had the Deuce been around then I probably wouldn't have bothered.
So for very good results almost out of the box, get a Deuce. But remember neither can beat the laws of physics and the more you use them the more you will find Wink
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2013, 09:39:22 AM »

"the more you use them the more you will find"....

With Roman Ray being the exception to the rule  Grin

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
Zeus (Joel)
Restricted Member

Garrett Euro Ace

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2013, 09:51:03 AM »

Don't let Badgers hear you say that the Etrac doesn't like the wet sand, Have you seen his finds from the beach ? He mainly uses an Etrac on the beach and has paid for itself 50 times over. The etrac is ONE of the best FBS machines for the beach. I also use an etrac and my arm isn't falling off when i use it either. To each their own i guess......
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 09:54:03 AM by Zeus (Joel) » Logged

2013 Finds

6 hammered
0 gold
0 Roman
relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2013, 09:54:55 AM »

Yes it is getting a bit tiring this what machine s best noncense

Just use the machine your comfortable with

Although I hate the E-trac I have to disagree with the beach comments as its multi frequency it will always out perform a single frequency machine including a Deus on the beach, and I have heard it excels in wet sand   

Deus 2013

Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
DEADLOCK
Superhero Member

I am an AntiquiSearcher...

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2013, 10:39:07 AM »

A lot of elderly and people with disabilities seem to use Deus which is a good thing really because if it wasn't invented I doubt these people would be able to detect. And would only read of finds.  No offence intended.

hotmill
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2013, 11:02:01 AM »

Regardless of  being a Deus user I'm going to get an FBS machine in the next few months to make sure I have all bases covered  Cheesy Fancy something a bit easier to use than an Etrac though as I'm a simple minded soul, what are the Safari or Explorers like?

Ta

XP Deus user

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal