Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Talacre  (Read 8250 times)
Christoph1945
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2013, 12:23:09 PM »

I haven't been to any rallies yet but look forward to the opportunity of having a go with a Safari. Mind you, I'm starting to think that I don't need a metal detector at all; most of the bullets that I have harvested off the beach were collected once the wind and the tides had removed a layer of sand that was hiding them. Last week, as the EuroAce gave me a signal, I looked down and there were two pond coins just waiting to be picked up after the wind had blown away the sand.

The other day, tired of swinging the spade and digging for shrapnel, I decided to take a walk along the beach and enjoy the sound of the high winds and the waves. Where the wind had whipped the dry sands across the beach, it had left pebbles sitting atop little columns of sand; it all looked very odd. Then!, just before leaving the beach, I noticed what looked like a very black oblong shaped stone, just showing on the sands of the dunes. It turned out to be a Samsung mobile phone with it's own built in little key pad.

The little critter was dead as a door nail and full of sand. Took it back to base and removed all the sand, dried it off, and later charged the battery up. Would you believe it; the little beauty had survived being entombed for almost a year. Just checking the contacts and I recon I should be able to get it back to the original owner by the end of the week.

All is well that ends well, eh?  Wink

Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2013, 01:09:47 PM »

Nice one Chris, I would love to see the owners face if you can trace them

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Christoph1945
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2013, 04:59:18 PM »

Spent 30 min this afternoon looking up some of the contact numbers in the phone and came up with someone who knew the owner. Turns out that I was looking for a guy and it was actually a gay lady that lost it! Presently have an assignation on Tuesday to return the phone to it's original owner. I may blush a little when I admit that I perused the files!!!!!  Wink

Well that will be my good deed for the week; now to get the signet ring back to it's owner. Still waiting for a reply to me emails that I sent out earlier this week. Wish me luck.   Grin
Svaipa

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2013, 05:00:10 PM »

What a brilliant story there Chris  Smiley Smiley
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2013, 05:07:55 PM »

Well done on the phone Chris Wink but you've still got me puzzled on how you would even start on finding the owner of a ring that was lost on a beach sometime between the 1970 and now?
Christoph1945
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2013, 05:20:38 PM »

What a brilliant story there Chris  Smiley Smiley

Metal detecting is full of brilliant stories; some that we have never heard and some that have made national news. Talacre, the beach where I detect on a regular basis, is full of history and forgotten stories. I am convinced that, beneath the modern finds and the WWII scrap, there lie ancient artefacts just waiting for us to take the time and patience to research and investigate. The Vikings were close by and the Romans were at Flint and Prestatyn. There is also a record of a possible Roman shipwreck on the Mostyn Bank!

Come on guys; I can't do it all by my self. Let's get digging  Wink
Christoph1945
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2013, 05:24:34 PM »

Well done on the phone Chris Wink but you've still got me puzzled on how you would even start on finding the owner of a ring that was lost on a beach sometime between the 1970 and now?

Hi Geoff,
                just watch this space! I came up with an idea that I think will work and will be successful in returning the signet ring to the family of the original owner. Of course, I could be wrong but time will tell. Shouldn't be long though!   Wink

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal