Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Talacre  (Read 8346 times)
Christoph1945
« on: October 06, 2013, 08:06:32 PM »

Well, just spent an other scrappy day on the sands at Talacre. The weather was fantastic and the company was good but I'm afraid the finds were not so hot. A high tide and wet sand slowed the EuroAce down a little but hopefully, with a little better planning, our next visit will be more lucrative

My total for the day was 48 pieces of shrapnel, three projectiles, two small pieces of lead, one pull tab, one small plug pin, one old copper penny, one pound decimal, and a 1953 sixpence. Oh, and several bottle caps! Roll Eyes

* Talacre again.jpg (256.74 KB, 422x596 - viewed 1033 times.)
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 08:15:41 PM »

Well, just spent an other scrappy day on the sands at Talacre. The weather was fantastic and the company was good but I'm afraid the finds were not so hot. A high tide and wet sand slowed the EuroAce down a little but hopefully, with a little better planning, our next visit will be more lucrative

My total for the day was 48 pieces of shrapnel, three projectiles, two small pieces of lead, one pull tab, one small plug pin, one old copper penny, one pound decimal, and a 1953 sixpence. Oh, and several bottle caps! Roll Eyes

You deserve some BLING after that shrapnel digging, mate? good on you Wink Smiley Wink
Discrim-Me

Everybody in its spitting

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 08:17:35 PM »

LuLz...  theres Talacre in one picture...  Wink  I got the same picture here ... Cool

You need to have walked in the deepest valley to appreciate the magnificence of standing on the highest mountain.
Tyna1
Rally attendee

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 08:23:19 PM »

When bullets are around
There's gold to be found

Shame not on this occasion  Cry

Do the ring tabs disappear into a black hole when the bling is plentiful?   Roll Eyes
Christoph1945
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 10:37:46 PM »

Still keep turning up coins, both old and modern, and last month recovered a gold signet ring in the same area where most of the bullets turn up. Getting past those WWII sentinels is real hard work but I believe that there are still plenty of goodies to be found; if only one can keep ones enthusiasm fired up!

The ring came up on the EuroAce with exactly the same signal as a piece of shrapnel and later on a small tube of ointment did ditto!

* Hall mark 2.jpg (113.55 KB, 576x402 - viewed 790 times.)

* First gold.jpg (142.87 KB, 392x567 - viewed 811 times.)
grego
NWDD Member

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 10:07:21 AM »

Nice ring Chris

Grego
Christoph1945
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 10:26:48 AM »

Despite the ring having been in the sands for many years; Richie Sixpence and I must have walked over it, and missed it, more than a dozen times. I don't think that the ring is of any great monetary value but I am presently working on trying to get it back to the original owner or their family.  Smiley
Svaipa

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 07:05:50 AM »

Wow nice find there. Let us know how you get along with finding the ring's previous owners.  Smiley
Really getting inspired trying beach detecting now, just not sure the safari will be the right machine. Love messing around in the wash up after a good storm and found several messages in a bottle.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 07:08:46 AM »

Nice find Chris, all that bullet digging pated off Wink I'm intrigued, how are you going to try and track down the owner?
Christoph1945
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 02:32:09 PM »

Wow nice find there. Let us know how you get along with finding the ring's previous owners.  Smiley
Really getting inspired trying beach detecting now, just not sure the safari will be the right machine. Love messing around in the wash up after a good storm and found several messages in a bottle.

Hi Svaipa,
                  I bumped into a guy at Presthaven Sands last month and he was using a Safari and ( unlike my EuroAce ) he was having no problems detecting on the wet sands. If I turn down the sensitivity on the EuroAce I can work wet sand but suffer a loss of depth.
Christoph1945
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 02:35:05 PM »

Nice find Chris, all that bullet digging pated off Wink I'm intrigued, how are you going to try and track down the owner?

Ah ha! I am working on a little plot, that may help me find the original owner and am awaiting replies to two emails that I recently posted.
Svaipa

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 06:51:10 AM »

I bumped into a guy at Presthaven Sands last month and he was using a Safari and ( unlike my EuroAce ) he was having no problems detecting on the wet sands.

Oh, that sounds very encouraging, thanks  Smiley
Christoph1945
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 07:47:15 AM »

I was thinking of upgrading to a Safari at some point in the future and would be interested hear how you progress with your machine.  Smiley.
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 04:55:03 PM »

when i hit bullets that aint very deep i always grid for gold rings in that area .works for me Wink.
nice ring bud

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
Svaipa

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2013, 09:37:25 AM »

Chris, If we bump into each other at a rally, you're welcome to have a go with it.  Smiley

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal