Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: Minelab Explorer vs Fisher F75  (Read 72669 times)
Mart
Rally attendee

« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2009, 09:29:53 PM »

Hi folks,
            this has been posted on the Finds Treasure forum by mike scott of First Texas.

Quote.

Quote.

(Hello
Posted by: Mike Scott [ Send a Message ]
Date: September 13, 2009 03:03PM Registered: 3 years ago

They will be available in the UK-Call Nigel or Marcus at Regton for details on pricing and availability.
The Ltd. Series has been offered to all our customers worldwide and many have placed pre orders.

I thought about the field hunting in the UK and the new BOOST immediately-it is awesome in areas with field stubble or taller grass and crops like I dealt with on some of my previous hunts over there.

I am finding good stuff in my beat up sites that have tall grass or heavy foliage that I wouldnt even consider hunting any time other than early spring or maybe late fall after a good snow beat the foliage down and still I would not expect being able to find much even under the best conditions..yet I am pulling good targets despite not even being able to get the coil close to the ground! Its making some of my seasonal sites very productive in times that they shouldnt be!

Anyone wanting a tamer F75 or T2 will not get it with the Ltd. They will be everything the T2 and F75 are----and more
Mike)

Un quote
hedgehog
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2009, 07:40:14 AM »

I think it will be the £50 chip for me when the evidence is there , of course as soon as they arrive they will be the best machine on the market ever, I will give it 18 months to see what the result is!
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2009, 08:48:35 AM »

Thank you for posing that Mart !

In hindsight i wish id known about the Ltd before i bought the current F75.
Im in awe at the current model i havnt used a detectctor that can handle ferrous infected ground like the F75 its got a lot to do with its lightning fast recovery speed and target seperation.

all the best
phil
trys
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2009, 09:20:14 AM »

I can't see it being such a great improvement that i'd trade my poor old bog standard T2 in for  Cheesy. A new paint job, and a better processor.....sounds like they'r following in the footsteps of other manufacturers Roll Eyes. As hedgehog says..give it a few months. By then there will probably be a better machine on the market Wink
Mart
Rally attendee

« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2009, 09:24:11 AM »

I was quite impressed that someone like Mike Scott not only showed an interest in us in the UK but actually came over to get a feel for our type of detecting.

My F75 is on sale now and should go early next week the proceedings will go towards an upgrade, only decision to make is to go for the F75 LTD or the T2 LTD??

There is quite a lot of testing going on at the moment with the new machines with regular postings on various forums (USA based) regarding what the testers are finding, the results will help me one way or another.

Find Treasures is one and Thom Dankowski's is another, maybe worth a peek for anyone interested.

Thanks, Take care. Mart.
Mart
Rally attendee

« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2009, 09:45:31 AM »

Word is the "Camo" paint job is just a one off batch for the first holiday release and the standard colours will be used on main prodution.
To me this is irrelevant and of course has no affect on performance.

The real alleged breakthrough is the  added "boost" option which keeps the same (or better) recovery speed and performance but gives added depth.

With the boost not engaged the new machines can be used exactly like the existing models.

With boost engaged then much better depth is being reported in side by side comparisons, lets say you use de, pf, sen 70 or je sen 55 the new boost mode with even lower sensitivity will out perfrom /give better depth separation than any of the old settings with the same stability.
Boost can be carried over to the all metal modes as well.

The new processor (among other things) allows for a slower sweep speed which will better fit in with human nature, eg the tendency to slow down and carefully check anything that seems like a half decent signal, this on it's own is believed will contribute to a higher finds rate.

Being able to switch from not having boost engaged to having boost engaged in the field means that you can do live old machine (boost not engaged) v new machine (boost engaged) performance comparisons without the need to carry 2 detectors.
Anyway all interesting stuff.

Thanks, Take care. Mart.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 09:51:11 AM by Mart » Logged
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2009, 10:45:16 AM »

If a new paint job increased preformance  Huh I,d be the first in line for a respray  Grin this all go back to the same old same change the wrapping but use the same parcel Wink  I,m not at present a f75 or t2  user but this post applies to all manufactures prducts a change of shape /colour scheme /decals ect does not gurantee increased preformance Angry we might get a slight power increase but is it usable power as all experienced detectorists will or should know by now we can only go as deep as the ground conditions will allow so don,nt listen to all the marketing hype and keep your pennies in your pockets truth is metal detecting technology is at this point more or less STAGNANT  Roll Eyes this is a fact  now wheres that spray can Grin

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
U.K. Brian

Pulse's,XP's,Nautilus's,T2,Whites,Minelab etc

« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2009, 09:33:32 AM »

Think I posted on this forum somewhere re these "improvements". All I'll say is think Treasure Baron  + Deep Hunter module. Really depth when switched in and this was a more sophisticated set up than the F75/T2 mod. This put extra current through the coil and switched in a passive unit in the coil to give impressive depth.
Problem was there was hardly any British site where it could be switched in at the hight power range. On some sites you could get away with a low power setting but on to many sites it had to be shut off.

The Golden Mask in its most expensive version has a "boost" setting which doesn't need a special coil. This suffers the same as the Treasure Baron. If you have mild ground great, if you mainly work bad ground you may well not be able to justfy the extra cost. One thing is its going to be pricy as the pound continues its slide and as Mole points out you need usable power not something that beats the rest in air tests.
Mart
Rally attendee

« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2009, 02:12:57 PM »

I feel that (and i might be wrong correct me if i am) that the F75 although being a good machine was better suited for the USA and reversing the original thoughts, the T2 now seems to be better for the UK.
I can't decide wether to go for a T2 LTD or an Etrac for my next upgrade??
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 02:21:02 PM by Mart » Logged
Jeb

from the N Wales Mountains

« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2009, 07:37:50 AM »

I wouldn`t agree personally. I`ve used the F75 for two years and tried the T2 and the F75 i conclude ,is the better option. The T2 is a very good detector , but without a shadow of doubt the F75 is deeper and more sensitive . The two main requirements surely ? Grin
and actually i would say the F75 is better suited to the UK . It has lightning fast recovery speed for in the trash searching and has great depth ,especially on pasture with the right settings. All metal ,  seems to be the best mode on pasture. The only thing that gives it the Willy's is electrical stuff, like over head pylons or electrical power cables to houses, you know the two cable ones on a telegraph pole type. Go near them ,and your digital numbers will spin around like one armed bandit wheels. Other detectors by you, can cause you grief too.
 You will not be able to get the F75 LTD as J Allen have stated they are not importing them over due to the cost . Regton i believe are getting the T2 LTD in though. But I read on an American forum that the Boost on the F75 and the T2 made very little difference to the depth. Whether this is true or not or down to not being able to use one properly i don`t know .  I suppose the only way to find out for sure would be to obtain one yourself.

If one IS prepared to learn how to use an F75 correctly ,then this detector is a fantastic detector.If you want to get it and not learn to use it properly because of impatience, then your wasting your money and time.It does require patience for optimum performance understanding.

EDIT!!
Apparently the "Boost" on the new F75 LTD HAS made a difference.
According to feedback , the Boost mode gives better signal enhancement ,and a significant depth increase.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 08:39:44 AM by Jeb » Logged

Heaven won`t take me, and Hells afraid I`ll take over.
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2009, 08:05:03 AM »

no thanks guys i,ll stick to my faithfull explorer xs thanks all the same it finds what i want it to find so theres no point what so ever  Grin

theres gold in them hills
explorer xs one of the best

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal