Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Minelab Explorer vs Fisher F75  (Read 72288 times)
proconsul
Proconsul

« on: November 18, 2008, 01:13:59 PM »

OK, lets have your views on this pair. Marquess of Queensbury rules apply, no biting, gouging or spitting. You can abuse detectors as much as you like but no abuse of other members please.
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 01:36:32 PM »

Thats a can of worms you've opened there Geoff!!!

Tonight ladies and gentlemen we have:

John Pugh in the Red Corner - undefeated Commonwealth Explorer Champion versus . . . well we shall see!

Should be interesting Wink

Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Richy
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 01:49:28 PM »

I have no experience of either of these machines so I guess I'm in the neutral corner...... Cheesy.......

You can show a gift horse water but a pencil must be lead.
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 07:57:34 PM »

I've got to weigh in on the Minelab side owning an X-Terra30, Minelab Muskateer - great machine and an Explorer II.

I've only ever really handled a Fisher F75 and it feels nicely balanced and really light, which I am sure will appeal to some. Also I have seen some good finds from it, but I am more than happy with the power of the Explorer for the time being.

Lets hear some Fisher owners comments - theres plenty of you on here.

cheers
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
maxine
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 08:02:41 PM »

Im lucky enough to have both machines,  Smiley Both excellent in my opinion, both should be used in all metal for the best results. The Fisher is my choice of the two on ploughed land, and if time is limited. Have not got the E-trac yet but it will be replacing the Explorer.
altinkum

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 08:21:00 PM »

i owned the ex11 since it's day of releash and only bought the fisher 75 about 6 month's ago. in all honesty i did'nt like the fisher at first it took about a month to get into it since then my ex11has been in the cupboard as i've realised what a heavy/slow cumbersome peice of shit the explorer is compared to the light/fast recovery good depth of the fisher. so to all the muppet's who's brainwashed by minelab's advertising keep dragging the heaviest detector in production around. YOU KNOW IT MAKE'S SENSE

explorers, my arse
The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 08:27:13 PM »

I use the Fisher and get on fine with it. Never used a Minelab so can't compare.

Some people are always wanting the latest new machine, but in my opinion it's better to know your machine well and stick with it. Although at the moment, everyone seems to want an E-trac, by next year there'll probably be an E-trac Pro or an E-trac II. If you've already been through Explorer XS, Explorer II, Explorer SE and SE Pro before getting your E-trac, you're probably a hopeless Minelab slave anyway Roll Eyes
maxine
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 08:44:40 PM »

The E-trac is a far better machine than the Explorer 11, the most important change is the faster processer and lighter weight,Most people want the best machine for the conditions where they detect I think more than a fashion statement. There is not a massive difference between the Explorer xs to the Explorer SE, but there is a big difference between the E-trac and explorer range, I have done my homework on this machine, just like the Fisher-75 when that came out. There will inevitably be a E-trac 11 but the important features will be the same (speed, depth) and there will be just small improvements, just like the explorer range.  Smiley
Jeb

from the N Wales Mountains

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 09:10:00 PM »

OMG what a question to ask a guy who uses An F75 and an E trac. Although!!!!!!! The E trac IS NOT supposed to be an Explorer. Yes ,it looks like an Explorer but Is it one ? Its a really difficult question to answer this one ,because the E trac has quite a few similarities to the Explorer and you`d be hard pushed to say its not a Re vamped & Tuned up Explorer . But I`m told by Minelab it is NOT an explorer so where do you go from there ?
 Anyway I`m still learning the E trac and I`d still consider myself a Novice at it. BUT in answer to the First posters Question. I personally Prefer the F75 to the Explorer. I`ve had the Mk 1 & the Mk2 Explorer and I think the F75 is the better of the two .
Its easier to use easier to understand , as deep as an Explorer Mk1 or Mk2 in All metal ,and Its a joy to swing being a light weight . If i HAD TO give anything to the Explorer, I`d say the Explorer handles the Highly mineralized ground better . Thats all.

Heaven won`t take me, and Hells afraid I`ll take over.
maxine
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 09:25:33 PM »

Jeb do you find that its faster than the explorer 11, dont like the slow pick up of the Explorer Im hoping the etrac will be much sharper on targets?
bymatt666 (byron)
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E.member

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 10:18:21 PM »

i have an explorer XS...i use a bungee harness, it takes the weight and supports my tector when i dig ! i'm happy with it.. Grin

i'd give up chocolate....but i'm no quitter !
minelab explorer xs
NCMD member
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2008, 10:30:16 PM »

Hi Neil

Ive owned an advantage i just noticed while looking at the minlabs on Ebay that the person i sold it to is selling it on im tempted to buy it back lol.

Hi Jeb
Would you say theres big difference between the explorer and the Etrac ??

« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 07:49:05 AM by PHIL YNYSBOETH (RARE) » Logged
borderfox.1495

I HAVE FOUND MY FIELD OF DREAMS IN WALES

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 11:05:10 PM »

round 1,  thisis aimed at scan club members firstly spoke to pat good, at sun rally, looked at his hammy, spoke about his machine minlab se. with  dd coil he is very happy with it, to those that dont now pat he is a fit 78 year old, i hope i got his age right, and has been a great andenergenic decterists for many years, mike pat seems to handle the weight, maybe you should get down the  gym  if the minlab was to heavy for you Grin
altinkum

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2008, 11:23:28 PM »

why swing a heavy explorer all day when you can use a nice light fisher . you;ve got to walk the same speed as an oap for the explorer to recover from an iron signal

explorers, my arse
Jeb

from the N Wales Mountains

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2008, 11:33:38 PM »

Jeb do you find that its faster than the explorer 11, don't like the slow pick up of the Explorer I'm hoping the etrac will be much sharper on targets?

I`ve just Edited my original Post Max, as I thought you were asking about the F75 but now on re reading it ,i think your asking about the difference between the E trac and the Explorer Huh??
If you are Yes i do A lot faster . If Your on about the F75 , the answers Still the same .Yes
Much faster. Grin

Maxine wrote " Im hoping the etrac will be much sharper on targets?"
 A lot depends on how your settings are set.
 I`m battling against my years of "conventional" methods of detecting at the Moment with the E trac as the Programme i have used mostly uses CONDUCT in the Tone ID.  with "smooth" in the Sounds . Now these settings cause the Iron to give a High squeal, and Thin hammered to give Low sounds , which in "olde school" terms is back to front.
 So it gets your grey cells jittery, when you hear a high squeal, then think ,"hang on no, its iron isn`t ? " because in Olde school learnings Iron was a low tone.
 I can MAKE the Iron become low and the Silver high by using FERROUS sounds but then using Ferrous sounds with the other settings in my particular programme, messes the other settings up `for me`.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 08:35:08 AM by Jeb » Logged

Heaven won`t take me, and Hells afraid I`ll take over.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal