Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Minelab Explorer vs Fisher F75  (Read 72809 times)
Richy
Superhero Member

« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2009, 10:36:14 AM »

Hi Mike, I've got an MXT fitted with an 15"x12" SEF, you're welcome to try it at the Caerleon rally.  Smiley

Richy.

You can show a gift horse water but a pencil must be lead.
altinkum

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2009, 01:54:18 PM »

cheer's mate   i'd love to give it a go for half an hour. do you find the depth has increased since fitting the sef.  mike

explorers, my arse
Richy
Superhero Member

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2009, 11:59:24 AM »

Hi Mike, Apologies for the delay replying, I've used the std coil, 10"x5" DD,14" Deepsearch coil and the SEF on my MXT and out of the four I'd say the SEF was the deepest especially in Relic Mode. The Deepsearch coil runs a close second but the deeper signals from the SEF are crisper and more positive.Try it and see!

Richy.

ps sorry for hijacking this thread. Sad

altinkum

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2009, 01:27:19 PM »

cheer's dickle i cant wait to give it a go. i liked my mxt it was simple but very effective on the hammered but it just lacked depth. if i like the sef i may get another one.  mike

explorers, my arse
Richy
Superhero Member

« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2009, 04:16:34 PM »

Mike I forgot to mention that the SEF has a downside...weight, it weighs 1lb 15ozs. I bought mine at a price I couldn't refuse, if I was to buy another I would go for the 12"x10" which,I've been told, is just as good but obviously lighter.

Richy.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 04:18:28 PM by Dickle » Logged

borderfox.1495

I HAVE FOUND MY FIELD OF DREAMS IN WALES

« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2009, 03:46:55 PM »

hi phil the vac,  going back to the xsplus the dd coil, as julie robertssaid in the film pretty woman, when the women in a snobby shop embarresed her trying to buy clothes, she went elseware with richard gere spent thousands on clothes, when back to the shop asked if they where on commision, they where she then said big mistake big mistake say no more,,i ve will have my 2inches advantage on you  back if you do Grin Grin
altinkum

« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2009, 04:37:57 PM »

i use my explorer 11 as a washing line prop.  i love going behind explorer user's with my fisher 75 and mopping up the goodie's.  mike

explorers, my arse
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2009, 06:29:54 PM »

well well well ok john if you say so (any way you need them 2ins more)ha ha  Cheesy

theres gold in them hills
explorer xs one of the best
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2009, 02:59:58 PM »

I,ve never owned either of these particular models but I,ve owned and used machines by both manufactures namely the fisher 1266x or should  say magnet Cry minelab sovereignxs2a and presently a minelab quattro Peter H has  made a very valid point learn to use your existering machine first before moving to another make or model it,ll save lots of money don, nt forget manufacturers and dealers are out to persuade you the latest is the greatest in reality technology as not advanced that analogue verses digital is a bit like comparing a valve amplifier to a transistor one at the end of the day they both do the jobthe grass is,nt always greener on the otherside  Smiley royaltea dai

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
Yankee
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2009, 06:27:46 PM »

i owned the ex11 since it's day of releash and only bought the fisher 75 about 6 month's ago. in all honesty i did'nt like the fisher at first it took about a month to get into it since then my ex11has been in the cupboard as i've realised what a heavy/slow cumbersome peice of shit the explorer is compared to the light/fast recovery good depth of the fisher. so to all the muppet's who's brainwashed by minelab's advertising keep dragging the heaviest detector in production around. YOU KNOW IT MAKE'S SENSE
    THAT'S
 NOT NICE!
romano-brit

« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2009, 05:50:14 PM »

how can anyone badmouth the explorer, its the best machine on the market, if it werent then nobody would by one would they??

ive had mine for about 3 years now and wudnt change it for anything in the world

2011/2012 Finds

Roman silver: 2/0
Hammies: 7/1
Milled silver: 17/0
Gold artifacts: 1/0
Gold coins: 0/0
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2009, 08:51:40 PM »

It's quite an interesting debate and one where nobody will win as everyone thinks their machine is best.
I've had all the XP machines and a few others including Whites, Tesoro, Laser and Fishers. Also used Minelab Sovereigns and Advantage. They are all good in their own way.
I currently own a Minealb Safari.
I think the Minelab FBS machines are probably the best ALL ROUND machines. In other words, not the best in all situations but the best machine in most situations.
The E-Trac has a very fast recovery speed and the Safari is good too.
The other big plus with FBS is that the machines ignore coke and hot rocks. I always seemed to be digging them with XP's and single frequency machines.
I tested the GMP against Explorer 11 and the Explorer was a couple of inches deeper but depth isn't everything.
The FBS machines are brilliant go anywhere machines. As I see it the only two disadvantages are the weight and sometimes slower recovery speed against GMP and T2 and Fisher 75.
It's a bit like the old adage:   A Ferrari (Fast but limited space etc), Range Rover (Quick, comfortable go anywhere and roomy/versatile, and a Smart (town car that gets you from A to B cheaply)
I suppose you get what you fancy and can afford. I think I prefer a good 'All rounder'.........so I'll take the Range Rover!!!!!   LOL   

viking

« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2009, 09:25:04 PM »

fisher a good machine wount run it down   just rather the explorer xs?
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2009, 08:24:06 AM »

Hi all

Ive had the Fisher F75 a few months now.
and smiles per miles id say the Fisher F75 is has the edge.
I cant say I never found anything when i owned an Explorer but
as some of you know i never bonded with the machine and i think that made going out detecting a real chore.

Ive recently gone over my old hunting grounds and my finds rate has increased !
I think there 2 factors involved here.
I wouldn't say Ive got a fast natural swing speed but Id said it was way to fast for the Explorers Processor
and another thing the sites i tend to visit have century's of human habitation and any desireable items next to iron you can forget it with the Explorer.
To make the Explorer the Ultimate detector it would need a fast recovery speed and take it Gym to loose a couple of pounds in weight ;0) very much like my self  lol.

Theres lots of things i love about the fisher IE not having to change/recharge battery's all the time.
Ive used the Fisher for a few days before the Llantwit rally,2 full days of detecting and ive used it 3 times since 5 hours each time and ive still on the oringinal batterys and theyre Rechargeable so by rights wont last as long as quality Non Re-chargables
Only thing i dont like its the build quality there not as Tuff as an Explorer in my opinion 

Regards
Phil
StumbledUpon

« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2009, 08:39:19 AM »

Glad to hear you are getting on with your new machine Phil, I think the F75s will clean up at the WW Sunday, Grin Grin They've anounced on a American forum a new Fisher 75 TURBO to be released in a few weeks, looks interesting! Grin Grin

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal