Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Minelab Explorer vs Fisher F75  (Read 72805 times)
borderfox.1495

I HAVE FOUND MY FIELD OF DREAMS IN WALES

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2008, 07:33:31 PM »

hi,  read all the different comments, i have the minlab ex 11, just bought the dd coil,  iron mask setting -10, my 2 mates have ex xs the only difference was mine would go 2 inches deeper,mind you they wouldn t have it. i have no comments on the fisher 75 as i dont now the machine, yes i had sore elbows,  took months to understand it,   my mates, helped me fine tune it, 2 and a half years later i would not swop it.  for any machine i think the e trac, will be a good machine but ifyou read the reports you can download programs but it also says that fine tuning is needed to get the best out of it . my swing speed is 3seconds both ways  how fast a recovery do you want . if you want to go racing round the  field, dont buy a minlab take your time, and the machine  will    pay you back with interest. last note the ex 11 was cardiff scan clubdect of year winner for the last 3 years last time winner scored 100 points a club record  all modern dect are good, its just the minlab is better in the right hands  Grin Grin john
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2008, 08:31:08 AM »

"Beware Of the One Detector Man"  as the old saying go,s
Ever machine takes time to understand what there trying to tell you and as Detector technology Improves this learning curve will take longer and longer.

As someones rightly pointed out the best Detector and in the right hands wont find anything if theres nothing there to be found.
I think ex Explorer users dont like the machine because they havnt given it enough time and i guess that would be the same for ex F75 owners to

Regards
Phil Jones
maxine
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2008, 04:09:42 PM »

Thanks for your answer Jeb.  Smiley
mineder
Rally attendee

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2008, 06:45:49 PM »

Hi Everyone,i have an f 75  explorer 2 and e.trac,the f 75 is a lovely machine deep crisp signals and the pinpoint is spot on,the e.trac is a bit of a dispointment,the pinpoint i would say is not as good as the explorer 2 and it is just as slow in my apinion,my friend with an explorer 2 had a faint signal and i could not get it with the e.trac,when we dug it at about 6 inches it was a small button,plus the fact that you loose the threshold now and then it will go very high,it happens to all of them,as for the signals about the same as the explorer 2,nowhere near as crisp as the f.75,and it tends to dig a lot of iron giving a realy good signal two way cross at top of screen ferrouse 1  conduct 35  and its a bit of iron,i never had that with the explorer 2,so i think the f 75 will take some beating as an alrounder,Paul.
coenwolf
Rally attendee

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2008, 11:40:54 AM »

the t2 will beat that nickel and dime 75 thingy any day ,even crisper sounds same depth and far faster learning curve  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
hedgehog
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2008, 12:51:43 PM »

Dunno about the F75 but you are right about the T2, had mine about 6 months now and it never ceases to amaze me it is rarely that I walk away from a field without a bit of silver in some form or another, but if you are on a busy field it is very tiring in that it will not let you walk past a bit of non ferrous metal, amazing machine. Shocked
Jeb

from the N Wales Mountains

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2008, 06:43:37 PM »

the t2 will beat that nickel and dime 75 thingy any day ,even crisper sounds same depth and far faster learning curve  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I do wish when your detecting with the T2 though Jeff, you`d stop singing that same olde song !
 " To dream the impossible dream "  By Rhydian Grin Grin Grin

http://www.rhydianroberts.com/
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 06:51:43 PM by Jeb » Logged

Heaven won`t take me, and Hells afraid I`ll take over.
borderfox.1495

I HAVE FOUND MY FIELD OF DREAMS IN WALES

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2008, 02:57:52 PM »

could you tell me what a t 2 dectorer is what make thanks john
hedgehog
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2008, 04:09:28 PM »

It's a Teknetics, same company that makes the Fisher F75
llanelli club
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2009, 08:10:18 PM »

love to walk behind fishers after they pick up all the surface junk then come along and find arrow heads and deep hammered. se  explorer 2's are tested to clearly be deeper ..
same as that cz7a rubish my minlab could find a gold ring 4 inches deeper than that lovely light thing for beginers .
 any new commers buy  a c-scope or fisher ..thanks........pmsl
StumbledUpon

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2009, 09:00:37 PM »

Funny thing Ive had a go of a Fisher CZ5 just lately, very impressive! I have a fisher 75 and explorer 11, both excellent. You must have the right program for the explorer and dont use iron mask. I have found things with my fisher 75 after explorer users, maybe they were using iron mask in a very naily area, here's what they missed!!!
hedgehog
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2009, 10:13:33 PM »

Grin Nice one Maxine. It's not the tool , it's how you use it that counts.  Grin
altinkum

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2009, 10:48:04 PM »

that's what i tell my wife

explorers, my arse
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2009, 12:38:33 AM »

well ive had the explorer 11 for three mouths now and sorry john.its not as good as the xs but i will say it do like iron a bit more ( you will not beat the whites dfx for hammerd coins) so do not buy the explorer poo  Cheesy Grin

theres gold in them hills
explorer xs one of the best
altinkum

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2009, 08:35:39 AM »

the whites mxt also loves silver but even with the 14inch dd coil i found it lacked a bit on the depht compared to other mid range detectors. i'd love to try a mxt with the sef coil on if it increased the depth i would seriously think about getting another one

explorers, my arse

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal