Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Minelab Explorer vs Fisher F75  (Read 72791 times)
Jeb

from the N Wales Mountains

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2008, 08:50:42 AM »

I actually went out Tecting yesterday and unfortunately for me tore the ligament even more, in my right lower arm while tecting with the E trac.(tennis elbow)
I suffer from "Tennis elbow " unfortunately And Frozen shoulder so,these medical problems have always plagued me when detecting over the last few years.
 That was the main reasons why i stopped using the Explorer and went over to the F75.
 But when the E trac came out, i was reliably informed by Excellent `inside `information, that the E trac was something a bit special ,AND not quite as heavy as an Explorer. So i bought an American bungee Harness called the "swingy Thing " and went out and bought the E trac. The bungee does a good job of eleviating the weight of lifting the E trac, but you still have to swing the Detector and to my cost i`ve found out that with Tennis elbow the Bungee doesn`t stop all problems people with tennis elbow or frozen shoulder have to contend with.
Its OK for people with NO AILMENTS such as tennis elbow or frozen shoulder no matter how olde they are to swing the Heavier detectors. But if you have such medical probs as i have , the Heavier detectors are looking  threatening to say the least on making your detecting "awkward or uncomfortable" as I`m experiencing to my cost unfortunately
Yes it is a Beast of a Detector ,but it looks like My olde ailment is going to stop me as before using this exceptionatly good detector now as it did the Explorer which i used for three years.
It looks like I may have to think very seriously about only using my F75 as because that is such a lightweight detector you hardly notice its there and parting with my E trac .
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 08:54:15 AM by Jeb » Logged

Heaven won`t take me, and Hells afraid I`ll take over.
1morecoin
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2008, 12:39:34 PM »

I have found Hammered Groats at a measured 12" with the SE, I would be surprised if the F75 could match that, as for the ETRAC Paul Southerwood has the ETRAC and I have whooped his but the last half dozen times out and that is with my DFX.
Paul is having a hard time getting used to the ETRAC and he has used minelabs before.
I personaly think unless you want the ability to download programmes from your computer you just as well stick with the Explorer, its a lot of money for what little extra you get.

Steve.
Jeb

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2008, 04:46:36 PM »

I have found Hammered Groats at a measured 12" with the SE, I would be surprised if the F75 could match that, as for the ETRAC Paul Southerwood has the ETRAC and I have whooped his but the last half dozen times out and that is with my DFX.
Paul is having a hard time getting used to the ETRAC and he has used minelabs before.
I personaly think unless you want the ability to download programmes from your computer you just as well stick with the Explorer, its a lot of money for what little extra you get.

Steve.
It can do most definitely Steve in the all metal mode trade punches with the SE..
 The thing is Steve, quite a few people are Still learning the E trac because it is a new detector not been out long,and I know of two guys in particular who know the E trac Very Well,who have both been testing the E trac for over 6 months now courtesy of Minelab Detectors, and one of them USES AN SE himself and even he admits the E trac (in capable &proficient  hands) is a detector that can out perform the SE. The depth is not the Issue, its the ability of the E trac to outperform the SE and MK1 & 2, in the irony ground that it excels by means of a lot faster Processor .
I also know of another Minelab stalwart who used a Mk1 and then a Mk 2 Explorer for a very long time and when the SE came out he thought" ah, an upgrade". But he was disappointed with the SE and told me he thought the Mk2 was a better detector and wished he`d not bought the SE after. He has since changed his SE for a E Trac ,and thinks the E trac is the Dog`s danglies.  Grin
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 05:07:54 PM by Jeb » Logged

1morecoin
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2008, 05:12:30 PM »

Hi  Jeb,   interesting read, i must admit that i was not impressed when i upgraded from the mk 2 to the SE.

You live and learn.

Steve.
Jeb

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2008, 05:55:52 PM »

Hi  Jeb,   interesting read, i must admit that i was not impressed when i upgraded from the mk 2 to the SE.

You live and learn.

Steve.
Well Steve, I had a lay off from Explorers after my Mk2 . I missed the SE out and now have the E trac. So in all honesty i cannot give a verdict on the SE at all . I am only truthfully relaying what friends of Mine tell me who have the SE.
 Gordon Heritage is one of the Guys I`m talking about and Neil(slow n Low)Jones , and Dean (Belzoni) Crawford, although i think Niel is the only one still using his SE (says he can`t afford the e trac yet) Grin But he does rate the e trac as a better detector and has compared signals, on occasions the e trac gave a loud sharper signal compared with the SE`s weak feeble signal, so they were impressed with those results.The three of these guys are noted detectorists in the detecting world so it wasn`t a case of wrong settings being used. So the e trac has been proven to be a force to be reckoned with for the future .

altinkum

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2008, 06:19:14 PM »

one thing everyone overlook's is the site's these guy's are going on. they are on top site's with lot's of celtic roman and saxon artifact's on if they were to use a mid priced detector they would still find nice stuff. you wont find anything on a field if your useing an e-trac fisher white's or anything else if there's nothing there in the first place. are the same people being asked to field test a company's latest machine because their a good detectorist or because they've got access to prime site's. funny how no field test's are conducted in wales

explorers, my arse
1morecoin
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2008, 07:05:47 PM »

That's a very good point altinkum.
Jeb

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2008, 09:39:14 PM »

Oh yes Mike i`d go along with you on that definately. The lads from down Sarf would go home crying after  a day up here`s detecting. I go down to Glostershire detecting with a good friend of mine quite regular. Its nothing to come off his fields with three or four or more Roman brooches and half a dozen Roman Coins, (and not Grots either)
Found my first ever Minim down on his fields . By the end of the day I had lost it !!!!
He was telling me in this particular field he had had over 100 Roman brooches  over a two year period of searching it.
I`d found two complete good ones up here in thirty odd years of searching. t
The ones i found in his fields ,still had the spring attatched to them , the soil was that good. Some people are so lucky where they live.

Richy
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2008, 04:00:57 PM »

What's the F75 like on wet beaches?  Huh

Richy.

You can show a gift horse water but a pencil must be lead.
Jeb

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2008, 08:10:50 PM »

Rubbish!  Grin

Richy
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2008, 08:36:29 PM »

Oh well, that's one to cross off my christmas list...... Smiley

You can show a gift horse water but a pencil must be lead.
Jeb

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2008, 08:59:50 AM »

Yeah,the F75 is not a beach detector. An olde Fisher 1265x was a very good beach detector BUT not the 1266x. I think there was later a 1266x with a beach mode added to it, but the first 1266`s didn`t. I know this to my cost because i used a 1265 for a couple of years and when the 1266x came out i decided to buy one . I traveled 70 miles; all the way over to Morfa bychan ,& switch on only to hear, Wow weow Woew wawwwwwwwww. IT HATED the wet sand.; Shocked
 The Americans like to say they do beaches with the F75, but i can tell you now ,if you want it wowing and wailing continually in your ears then go down to a beach and do the wet sand with it.
 If you want a good detector to do wet sand get a Minelab Sovereign. Fit the WOT coil or an SEF coil to it ,and work it in ALL METAL MODE & its a VERY deep seeking detector.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 09:05:53 AM by Jeb » Logged

PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2008, 11:27:43 AM »

Hi Jeb

My friends got a Caravan down Morfa have you found anything down there ?
we just found fishing wieghts ;0(

I find the Exp2 works ok on wet sand around here.
If you want the depth and run it a bit hot, you got to put up with a fare bit of chatter.
If you tone it down you still get a good bit of depth and i,ll give your ears a rest !.

Ive never rated  the Fisher  F75 before this Board.
But since ive done a keyword search on the F75 Ive found a new respect for the machine and i maybe I,ll get one Middle of next year.
Thats if a good used E-trac doesnt come up on ebay in the meantime lol

Phil Jones

Jeb

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2008, 03:17:43 PM »

Hi Jeb

My friends got a Caravan down Morfa have you found anything down there ?
we just found fishing wieghts ;0(

I find the Exp2 works ok on wet sand around here.
If you want the depth and run it a bit hot, you got to put up with a fare bit of chatter.
If you tone it down you still get a good bit of depth and i,ll give your ears a rest !.

Ive never rated  the Fisher  F75 before this Board.
But since ive done a keyword search on the F75 Ive found a new respect for the machine and i maybe I,ll get one Middle of next year.
Thats if a good used E-trac doesnt come up on ebay in the meantime lol

Phil Jones

Hi Phil, like most other beaches Morfa Bychan has been pounded to death over the years .
I was down there once and bumped into a guy detecting. He was using a Sov with a Wot coil too. He was from Durham !!!!! Shocked Shocked   So, no where`s safe from marauding Saesneg Grin
 I have mainly ceased to do beach work ,ALTHOUGH ,i do love a days beach hunting given a good prospect beach. But thats the dilemma, around the Welch coasts. Bad weather most of the year doesn`t bring folks onto beaches to swim much.
So , as time goes on , more stuff has come off beaches than goes back on them, so its a declining prospect of a good days hunting on one. Needless to say that`s why i don`t go hardly nowadays. Plus O`l beach campaigners like Willie the Wizard have played them out . Grin

PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2008, 05:55:36 PM »

Hi Jeb
Your dead right popular Beaches are very over worked not like when i Started 10+ years ago
thats why i thought Morfa was going to be good because its right in the sticks and i was told the navy used the area for target Practice I was expecting Shipwreck goods and maybe victorian coins but nothing of any note came up and there was 4 of us
We moved over to Pendine later and did a lot better.
Its a beautiful Place id like to go back there but i wont waste my batterys Detecting  Grin

regards Phil

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal