Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Owain Glyndwr, - the true Prince of Wales  (Read 57890 times)
Svaipa

« on: September 26, 2013, 01:01:23 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Hanmer

Owain Glyndwr was raised by my ancestor David Hanmer.
He married David Hanmers daughter Margaret Hanmer. One of their daughters Catrin, married Edmund Mortimer and lived on Carreg Cennen castle. Both margaret and Catrin was taken prisoners and kept in the Tower of London after Owain Glyndwr lost the battle with the English.
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 08:12:31 AM »

the true prince of was a llewelyn.he was murdered by the english and his daughter was taken away at an early to live in a nunery and brought up as a nun not knowing who she really was

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
alun

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 08:23:25 AM »

Both true, but Llewelyn was the blood Prince and Owain Glyndwr was the peoples Prince, a true scholar who joined the rebellion against the down trodden Welsh and led them on to the historic raids around the counties.
Currently searching a hide area where Owain Glyndwr and his "Rebels" gathered in our area. Interesting search site, a area which I never knew had so many Battles between tribes in the area.

Roman Artefacts: 6
Gold:         3
Medieval 15
Silver:34
Etrac
AT Pro
Whites
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 12:58:59 PM »

if you have not heard of the rebecca riots guys look it up.i currently have permission to do land where the conspiriters used to meet on.think they where the earliest welsh trannies but dont quote me on that Roll Eyes

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
the hog

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 06:32:17 PM »

Glyndwrs banner was a gold Rampant Lion on a White background and not the Prince Prince of Wales Red and Yellow banner which is oftenly flown around Wales.
We celebrate the 16th Sept massively in North Wales,do you celebrate Glyndwr Day in South Wales?
cardiffian

Minelab Explorer, Deus

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 08:47:57 PM »

Another Welsh character and Hero was Ifor Bach also known as Ifor ap Meurig

Hammered                 5         
Roman bronze          10
William 111 shilling
Disc brooches             2
Med. silver annular brooch
Svaipa

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 07:21:04 AM »

We celebrate the 16th Sept massively in North Wales,do you celebrate Glyndwr Day in South Wales?

Can't say much is happening on that front in the Newport area, but then it's an area that doesn't come across as being "very" Welsh. Different when I lived out near Llangennech. It seems that as soon as you get west of Swansea people are much more welshy.
hotmill
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 07:36:36 AM »

Both true, but Llewelyn was the blood Prince and Owain Glyndwr was the peoples Prince, a true scholar who joined the rebellion against the down trodden Welsh and led them on to the historic raids around the counties.
Currently searching a hide area where Owain Glyndwr and his "Rebels" gathered in our area. Interesting search site, a area which I never knew had so many Battles between tribes in the area.

Glyndwr was distantly related (bloodline) to the Welsh Princes so did have a legitimate (if tenuous) claim.

XP Deus user
hotmill
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 07:41:30 AM »

Glyndwrs banner was a gold Rampant Lion on a White background and not the Prince Prince of Wales Red and Yellow banner which is oftenly flown around Wales.

I thought the red and yellow flag with lions was the Prince of Wales flag and the red and yellow flag with rampant lions (raised up) was the Glyndwr flag?

XP Deus user
win

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 01:37:04 PM »

Since this thread has mentioned llewellyn, I thought you might like to see this seal of Llewellyn I found, Flintshire area, a couple of years back. Inlikely to be THE Llewellyn but who knows ?

* llewellyn 001.jpg (20.37 KB, 331x322 - viewed 1074 times.)
hotmill
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 02:21:36 PM »

Since this thread has mentioned llewellyn, I thought you might like to see this seal of Llewellyn I found, Flintshire area, a couple of years back. Inlikely to be THE Llewellyn but who knows ?

Hell of a find if it was. Even so still a very good find

XP Deus user
the hog

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013, 05:14:47 PM »

I thought the red and yellow flag with lions was the Prince of Wales flag and the red and yellow flag with rampant lions (raised up) was the Glyndwr flag?

This is Owains Banner.

* glyndwrs own.jpg (9.72 KB, 276x172 - viewed 1653 times.)
the hog

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2013, 05:18:38 PM »

worth a read.
http://www.red-dragon-wales.com/WelshPrinces/OwainGlyndwr_1.htm

http://www.owain-glyndwr-soc.org.uk/

http://www.cefncaer.com/en/crown/

http://medieval-wales.com/5_owain_glyndwr.php

hotmill
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2013, 07:24:28 PM »

This is Owains Banner.

Thanks.

XP Deus user
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2013, 10:25:13 PM »

It's nice to know your ancestors that far back and their connection to history.

One of these days I'd like to find out if I am related to the de Montforts of Beau desert castle as my family came from there in the 1700s and before.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal