Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: MINELAB CTX 3030  (Read 6528 times)
legio11augustus
Superhero Member

« on: September 19, 2013, 03:04:58 PM »

why you selling , thought its the nads
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 11:12:45 AM by Chef Geoff » Logged

non atrocitate non clementia mutabatur
dickvandyke

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 06:37:17 PM »

probably cause he's worked out he's paid well over the odds for it and for about a a grand he could have had an etrac and a cscope pi fully waterproof(unlike the ctx)and dont everything the same more or less....and had a week by the seaside or bought a new car with the balance lol.
monkeymad

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 06:54:39 PM »

All i can say is set up right, the ctx 3030 is a brilliant machine. Yes at 2000 they are pricey but in great nick at this price i think its a cracking buy.

they really do find the stuff in the iron and deep too.

Marcus Porcius Purpurio

2013 finds:-
Hammered x6
centenary medal x1
Fob seal matrix x1
Tons of other bits now.
Goldpanner

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 07:01:24 PM »

Ive always thought the CTX overpriced and overrated.
dickvandyke

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 07:33:12 PM »

a friend of mine had one and he is an expert works for that kevin at staffs detectors.....been at it for 30 odd years.
bought one and wished he'd never got rid of his etrac said the only good thing about em was the iron seperation was better and you could maybe argue theyve got a lithium battery.
but so has my etrac and it didnt cost me 1300 quid on top of what i paid.
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 07:51:23 PM »

well for me almost everyone comments on the cost of the ctx , very few of us have ever used one , I have only seen 3 so cant comment on their ability .

if minelab priced them at a sensible level there would be many many more on the field and a much better understanding of how good (or bad) they are in real everyday use compared to an etrac , Deus etc  . I love my minelab but I fear the manufacturers have pi##ed on their fingers with this one  Undecided

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
dickvandyke

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 08:10:25 PM »

yes mate its a fact theyre way over priced,but what minelab were relying on was their army of devoted cult like followers would purchase blindly as moost people want to upgrade to the next best thing that they can when something new comes out.
bearing in mind a new etrac is about 1200 or 1300 quid we'd buy an upgrade if it was an extra 100 quid and the was at least a minor improvement.
whereas affing gps,and a rubber seal and a 100 quid lithium battery cant be worth the extra cost can it?
i know people say they do perform much better but i think most people never really get to grips with the etrac bofore they get bored.
some of us have no option but to stick with what we have.
but the however many people than are fashion victims and do have the money do buy them.
digitup
NWDD Member

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 08:50:12 PM »

don't want to sound a grumpy old fart but why do people comment on something there trying to sell it doesn't make it easy for the seller with people commenting about the price  and how good or not so good  the machine is / ;)rant over
dickvandyke

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 09:31:40 PM »

yeah sorry but this convo started when the question of why was it being sold was asked......my mate had his 2 weeks and decided to recoup some cash after having used it for only a short while.
digitup
NWDD Member

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 09:49:53 PM »

no probs but to me you either look at the add if you want it get in touch if you don't move on lol
dickvandyke

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 09:52:24 PM »

yeah its great living in a country where they have free speech isnt it.
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2013, 07:02:21 AM »

come on peeps for what they are all machines are over priced .we have had countless debates on this
 thats an awsome price for a ctx .,they are good and if you dont agree then dont buy one simples,minelabs kick aaaaaarrrrrse .
the etrac was well over priced and i got slated for buyimg one but it saved me from losing my house 2 years ago when i was hitting gold all over the place.
 if the ctx is as good as an etrac with better bits on it i would grab it at that price .it will pay for itself in no time as long as your dedicated and have enough time to use it.
 if i was'nt savin for an over priced garret afx i would have it myself.
as i said all machines are over priced and they got us by the short an curlies but we need them so hay ho
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 07:09:51 AM by dances with badgers » Logged

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
dickvandyke

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2013, 07:12:02 AM »

yeah thats also true i dont think id have ever had an etrac apart from second hand joan allen are still selling them for 1300 but even thats better than 2k.
but then you could about okm detectors for 30 or 40k lol now thats really silly.
Whiteduke

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2013, 10:35:41 AM »

yeah its great living in a country where they have free speech isnt it.

Of course it is,but out of respect for the seller wouldnt it be more acceptable to start
your own thread on the pros and cons of the ctx ?,no need to hijack a selling post.
imho of course
dickvandyke

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2013, 11:07:23 AM »

yeah tis true lets give up horse whipping this guys ctx buy it someone as they are a good machine if you have the cash.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal