Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: whites surfmaster p i pro  (Read 11892 times)
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« on: September 14, 2013, 08:55:40 PM »

alright peeps for some reason i have just bought a whites surfmaster p i pro.( another mid life crisis toy).
 anyone got any tips on using one?when i first started i bought a surfmaster but it was not a pro which is suposed to be more sensitive to gold because the pulse delay is 15us intead of 25us on the original.
 could not get on with the first one i bought so dont really now why i bought this one,it was cheap though and is like new so hay ho.
 hope somebody got some tips please ,cheers mikee

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
Moncó

Teknetics G II & T2 se, Whites Pulse induction.

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 09:17:12 PM »

Heres mine mate..

Found me plenty of rings

All I can comment is you will dig tons...

keep the coil tort and no loops near the coil, it will effect its running... at first dig everything, it does discriminate ever so slightly, the non desirable, rusty targets, tend to have a `` scratch´´ to the tone...
I dont use the delay, but im still getting used to it mysely. Id love to hear some replies mysely...

Best regards
Moncó
IFINDNOTHING

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 10:26:36 PM »

Mike , Get a scoop with a longer handle Smiley.
I agree with Monco, forget the delay, apparently it can be used to sort of discriminate, but I don't think it makes much difference. You just have to dig it all and hope, as with any other PI machine to date(very interested to see if the new Garrett will live up to its claims) ,
Not the machine most people would want to go out with all day as its way deeper than anything else other than another PI.
Good luck with it, I love my pi dual, which is the same sort of thing.
Regards
Mark

Quote "Don't ever give up hope, there's something out there, all you have to do is hold on and believe" Axl Rose-1988
Moncó

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 09:08:22 AM »

If the gold is there you will find it, at first its a bit frustrating for you dig loads of rubbish.

Hair pins & clips are un avoidable, it was suggested to me to place a magnet in the bottom of my scoop, so the pesky little things dont go through the holae and you keep digging them again....

Just like anyother machine, you also need luck and to walk over it......

Mine got me 11 rings in the 1st week.....

And this coming week the tides are low where I am ...withs gods grace, ill have a few more before the beach season closes.......

Best regards
Moncó
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 01:15:56 PM »

thanks guys.would you have gain setting right up high or on the pre set?

gold = loads lol
IFINDNOTHING

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 04:10:42 PM »

I think the preset is a little on the safe side, I don't get any problem running mine on max even when there's loads of black sand should I want to, but I think this video should explain how to do it correctly,

Cheers
Mark
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 05:33:08 PM by IFINDNOTHING » Logged

Quote "Don't ever give up hope, there's something out there, all you have to do is hold on and believe" Axl Rose-1988
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 07:22:49 PM »

I bought one a few months back (for inland work believe it or not), but have only used it once. It'll be good to see how you manage with it!
Moncó

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 07:28:11 PM »

Does the dual field work inland ? ? ?
Ive never even bothered to test it....

Best regards
Moncó
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 07:36:36 PM »

Does the dual field work inland ? ? ?
Ive never even bothered to test it....

I bought it because I had removed pretty much everything down to nails in a particular area and I wanted to see if there was anything else there that I had missed that was deeper. Problem is is that in some areas the soil is an inch deep in others at least several feet. It was also pretty noisy and as I'd not used one before (like anything else) it takes time to get used to - anyway the archies will be putting a trench across it in a few weeks, so I'll get to see if I missed anything.......
IFINDNOTHING

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2013, 08:41:02 PM »

Pi machines are in my opinion a total no go on land, but as probono said, if your fortunate to find a hoard, there is nothing better than a pi to clean up. I know where my money would be on finding more in the hole, unless you can dig another foot deeper, or you own a JCB Smiley.
When and if any manufacturer can develop a pi with decent discrimination all the detectors we own will be in the bin!  I don't think technology with detectors has changed much for years, just more rubbish for everyone to get confused by, most would be better off getting used to what they have, and spending time listening to what it's telling you, rather than selling it and going for the "upgraded model"  thinking that its going to find the next hoard.
PI detectors are totally different to what everyone are used to, most people will never understand their purpose! And also you have to walk over it to find it.
My 2p worth, thanks for letting me have the rant!.
Regards
Mark
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 08:55:37 PM by IFINDNOTHING » Logged

probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2013, 11:14:46 PM »

Well I haven't used it since - although as I've just found a broken axehead somewhere else I must just try there (once I've cleared the barbed-wire and the like up).

At some point, I'll use it on a beach - but I don't relish having to dig too deep to find ring pulls Smiley
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2013, 11:42:54 PM »

p i machines have certain beaches where they excell on but not all beaches,thats what i have found anyway,they are very deep and you need a large shovel.they take a long time to learn aswell but if you can master one its worth it,i have not mastered one by the way but my cousin has and uses it only at lowest tides of the year and cleans up with gold rings and chains
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 11:51:12 PM by dances with badgers » Logged

gold = loads lol
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2013, 09:21:34 AM »

p i machines have certain beaches where they excell on but not all beaches,thats what i have found anyway,they are very deep and you need a large shovel.they take a long time to learn aswell but if you can master one its worth it,i have not mastered one by the way but my cousin has and uses it only at lowest tides of the year and cleans up with gold rings and chains

Thanks for the info - I'd sort of assumed you were using something like that though.

I've also got an SE Pro - I think they're meant to be quite good for beaches too.
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2013, 07:17:49 PM »

i use an etrac ,a sovereign but bought this pulse i just cos it was cheap and fancy a challenge lol

gold = loads lol
Moncó

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2013, 07:35:51 PM »

Im sure you will enjoy the experience, the problem is if it starts ``paying off´´ and you like it, you might have to put four hand in the pocket again and buy a little `` better one ´´
Thats how it all starts... lol lol lol 

Best regards
Moncó

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal