Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any detectors in llangollen?  (Read 5288 times)
Gedwelsh
Rally attendee

« on: February 15, 2013, 03:33:45 PM »

Hi am new and live in llangollen,  I am getting my first detector tomorrow for my birthday, just wondering if any one lives in or near llangollen that I can learn from, thanks
Richie sixpence

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 12:52:24 PM »

Welcome to the forum Gedwelsh and please note metal detecting is very very addictive  Grin
You will get plenty of advice off here if needed always someone about to help Wink

Happy hunting my friend

All the best Richie sixpence Wink

"All that glitters is not gold" but hopefully!!!
Garrett AT Pro
C Scope CS4pi
Garrett Ace 150
Garrett Pro Pointer
And hopefully a lot of good luck
Member of, NCMD
Dusty

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 03:04:46 PM »

Hello Gedwelsh, nice to see a local here. I'm just down the road from you in Acrefair,

What detector are you getting for your birthday? I'm planning on putting some postcards around and posting on Gumtree and Preloved for some land to detect on, if I secure some you're welcome to come along.  Smiley
Gedwelsh
Rally attendee

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 12:14:10 PM »

Hello dusty, I now have a "American Hawks Explorer II " it's a beginners as that is what I am, I would love to join you should you get permission to go on land, I will also post some request for detecting in my local area too, also have you heard of the land near penycae called MSN? I know the land owners and my get permission to detect on their fields if you think it's worth it?
GED
Peter1110
Rally attendee

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 09:54:54 PM »

Hi, I'm new to all this too I live in chirk so only down the road, I'm looking for land in the area, we should all get together and knock on a few doors!!
Korky III
Rally attendee

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 10:27:09 PM »

My dad lives in Chirk and I head down every few weeks with the metal detector. Hopefully I might get to meet up with a few of yous next time I'm down from Glasgow. Happy hunting guys!

Fisher 1266x Pro
Garrett Ace 250

It's there, somewhere!
Dusty

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 09:13:40 PM »

Hi, I'm new to all this too I live in chirk so only down the road, I'm looking for land in the area, we should all get together and knock on a few doors!!

I'm up for a bit of that  Smiley
brisad
Rally attendee

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 10:16:14 PM »

Hiya guys

Me to a newby live in Corwen got a cheap detector to start with (ebay Klarstein) used to detect about 25-30 years ago in Rossendale and thought I would give it a go again.

My son lives in Glyn Ceriog and can probably get a permission or two I have a farm at the back of me and have shooting permission there will ask for detecting permission too (gun now in daughters hands!  Sad)

I have an 8 seat minibus with plenty of bag room at the back, so if anyone fancies a trip to the beach?HuhHuh let me know and see if we can get together.

Alternately, I have an old ambulance campervan conversion (work in progress) My wife is a wheelchair user and it has a ramp but most important warm cup of tea tv and shelter to defrost! it is a 3 person only seating though........... any offers/ideas?  Huh
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2013, 10:58:41 PM »

Welcome to the D W Forum Brisard, theres plenty of people from the Gogledd on here.

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
brisad
Rally attendee

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2013, 01:40:39 AM »

Thanks dryland

Daz211082
Rally attendee

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 08:03:30 PM »

Hi guys,

I am from Froncysyllte so I know Llangollen well and acrefair.

If you guys have any permission on any land around there can I join you please. I'm a beginner and need to start somewhere.

cheers,

Daz
Goldpanner

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 09:25:53 PM »

Hi guys,
I am from Froncysyllte so I know Llangollen well and acrefair.
If you guys have any permission on any land around there can I join you please. I'm a beginner and need to start somewhere.

cheers,

Daz

The Fron? I used to own the Old Co-op on Alma Rd
Daz211082
Rally attendee

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2013, 09:37:07 PM »

did you goldpanner, hmmm maybe before my time that. I'm 30 now but moved from fron when I was 24. Don't recall a co-op when i was there.
Goldpanner

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2013, 08:43:41 AM »

did you goldpanner, hmmm maybe before my time that. I'm 30 now but moved from fron when I was 24. Don't recall a co-op when i was there.

No it wasnt, when I bought it It was a closed shop. .I converted the big flat upstairs then sold it to a couple who converted the downstairs too.
win

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2013, 08:52:40 AM »

Yes, have detected around Acrefair and at the campsite at Valle Crucis. Nice sites at Ruabon too.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal