Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
  Print  
Author Topic: Pick on the detectorists  (Read 47585 times)
galoshers

« Reply #135 on: September 28, 2013, 06:20:13 PM »

i am not grassing on a bloke i know ,i have advised him but he is desperate to make finds .
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #136 on: September 28, 2013, 06:37:02 PM »

i am not grassing on a bloke i know ,i have advised him but he is desperate to make finds .

Then I'm afraid morally you're just as guilty as he is, guilt by association, accessory after the fact, call it what you will, none are pretty.
Tell you what, I'll do you a favour, pm me his details and I'll report him for you Grin
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #137 on: September 28, 2013, 07:10:38 PM »

as myself and others have stated the danger to this hobby lies within itself ,,and what if galoshers reports his nighthawking friend ,, the guy will only deny it or probably put some surprising names into the mix of known associates ,,I know it happened to me once after some bloke approached me to go nighthawking,,the guy denied it when confronted but he gave me a list of his nightmates  Grin

What! Shocked you mean there are criminals out there that are so heinous and dastardly that they deny what they've done? No no surely not, every arrest I made the perpetrator always put the arms out in front of themselves and said "fair cop governor".
What's the world coming too? Grin
galoshers

« Reply #138 on: September 28, 2013, 07:40:25 PM »

so you get his details then what ? he doesn't go out every night and how would you prove it ?
then theres 100s more at it all over the land .you cant eliminate them all .
he has hawking mates as well .(one sells his finds to buy heroin )
i dont know their details .
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 07:42:02 PM by galoshers » Logged
carling2

« Reply #139 on: September 28, 2013, 07:47:08 PM »

so far 1s desperate to make finds?? arnt we all ? ok maybe not to that extent  Grin and 1s a bag head, ok I soppose its better than robbing old ladies to buy crack ,,, but seriously both are no exscuse to nighthawk.
Bling (mark)

« Reply #140 on: September 28, 2013, 08:22:56 PM »

Mate I'm not having a go but  you need to eliminate nighthawks from your  area one way or another if you know them.  surely you can see your local farmers will one day get feed up with repairing fences holes left in ground and everything else that goes with it  you need a  serious chat with this gent or all your local farms will finish you off.

Soveriegn xs2 pro / goldmaxx power v4 /makro racer
cardiffian

Minelab Explorer, Deus

« Reply #141 on: September 28, 2013, 08:41:25 PM »

What! He takes his life in his hands everytime he goes out, risks getting shot, walks miles, wastes loads of time and petrol but continues to hawk for just an occasional coin..... yeh right!! Sounds like a bulls#@#ter as well as a hawker. Do you know how they justify it. They will say they can't get land and "the land belongs to everyone anyway".

The truth is nearly everyone will get land if they try hard enough, and knock on enough doors. Look how many newbies come on this site and say they can't get permission to detect. Then over the next weeks, after their initial struggle, we see their posts enthusing how they have picked up a permission, and then another.

This guy you know should get off his ar#e and get permissions legitimately. In a lot of cases they will be nighthawking the permissions you and I have worked hard to obtain. They are not only shafting the hobby, they are shafting every responsible detectorist in the hobby as well.

Hammered                 5         
Roman bronze          10
William 111 shilling
Disc brooches             2
Med. silver annular brooch
galoshers

« Reply #142 on: September 29, 2013, 08:50:58 AM »

he doesn't live in my area he moved to Lincoln so he don't bother me.
i agree with what you all say but i am not an enforcer for miscreants all over the land.
carling2

« Reply #143 on: September 29, 2013, 09:47:58 AM »

and there you have it ladies and gents,its a case of there not on my permissions so who cares,thats why the hobby get the critics it does and why nigthawking is a problem that will never go away. ...I think there should be a pole put on topics with the simple question, do you know anybody that nighthawks {just to get a idea of numbers} I think you,ll be surprised how many yes answers they,ll be. 
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 10:08:38 AM by carling2 » Logged
stever

"Wise is he who collects the wisdom of others."

« Reply #144 on: September 29, 2013, 06:57:32 PM »

I think people should get a grip being a nighthawk doesn't mean a person is bad person I have known people who have done this in the past and they are top blokes I don't think we have a right to judge when we don't know these people personally. if they want to do that then they know the consequences of doing this. myself I just love history and that's why I do this hobby not for finding anything valuable i m just as happy finding an old buckle as I am a silver  or gold coin

Finds Since Feb 2012
Gold Rinds x2
Gold  35g
Hammered-7
Silver coinage-53
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #145 on: September 29, 2013, 07:21:16 PM »

Oh I'm sure there are plenty of murderers and sex offenders who are not "bad people" overall. Nighthawks are no friend of history or detectorists, they are the stick that the heritage lobby use to beat us. At the end of the day nighthawking is a criminal offence and that's it.
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #146 on: September 29, 2013, 07:37:49 PM »

Surely a crime is a crime whichever way you paint it. And a criminal is still a criminal
however nice he or she may be.

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
cardiffian

Minelab Explorer, Deus

« Reply #147 on: September 29, 2013, 08:39:05 PM »

and there you have it ladies and gents,its a case of there not on my permissions so who cares,thats why the hobby get the critics it does and why nigthawking is a problem that will never go away. ...I think there should be a pole put on topics with the simple question, do you know anybody that nighthawks {just to get a idea of numbers} I think you,ll be surprised how many yes answers they,ll be. 
Along with the question: Have you ever reported them?

Hammered                 5         
Roman bronze          10
William 111 shilling
Disc brooches             2
Med. silver annular brooch
stever

"Wise is he who collects the wisdom of others."

« Reply #148 on: September 29, 2013, 10:04:28 PM »

a night hawker is hardly a hardened criminal   ::)l if you were to go down the route of a criminal is a criminal most of us would at some point be breaking the law. you may of eaten a bag of chips that were made using Polish potatoes  this would be illegal I don't condone night hawking but in reality very little is often found and the poilce need to deal with proper serious crime not looking around fields at night where they may find someone digging up an old coin

Finds Since Feb 2012
Gold Rinds x2
Gold  35g
Hammered-7
Silver coinage-53
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #149 on: September 29, 2013, 10:29:07 PM »

Theres a  big difference  between  unknowingly eating a bag  of chips made from
Polish potatoes. and intentionally commiting a crime, because thats what nighthawking is.Trespassing on someone else's land and stealing, Not for the interest of past history,
but solely for financial gain.

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal