Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Your forum is been watched  (Read 10171 times)
eddythefly

« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2013, 11:42:23 AM »

at the end of the day archaeologists get paid by you to dig holes and tell you something new.
they do not have the right to dig were they like and are public servants paid by the public if your not happy say a dig they are on is the money spent on that dig reflective of the information that may be gatherd from the dig is it worth it?
well you could say we dont know if its worth it until we dig it so you must have an idea that its this or could be that in the first place.
i think your kids going to school and your rubbish taken away each week/fourtnight etc etc is more inportant than people who sometimes get far to big for there muddy boots.
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2013, 11:56:31 AM »

I look through various forums and the amount of finds that are shown on them are greatly in excess of the ones recorded to the PAS. If more people recorded their finds it would build up better relations with the archaeologists. It's a painless process and would probably give the finders a greater knowledge of their artefacts etc and might help to get rid of the them and us bickering that goes on.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2013, 12:11:53 PM »

I look through various forums and the amount of finds that are shown on them are greatly in excess of the ones recorded to the PAS. If more people recorded their finds it would build up better relations with the archaeologists. It's a painless process and would probably give the finders a greater knowledge of their artefacts etc and might help to get rid of the them and us bickering that goes on.

carling2

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2013, 12:25:14 PM »

Grin Grin and they say detecting is relaxing  Grin ,way to much paranoia about ,, just get on with digging holes and enjoy the hobby for what it is ,, a hobby,,stop worrying about cancelled rallys and cloak and dagger English polish geezers.
Spooyt Vane
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2013, 12:44:14 PM »

I remember the early days of N.C.M.D.when those brave souls fought to keep the hobby alive and without them there would be no hobby.....Southern Ireland had banned metal; detecting and alot of Arklies wanted the hobby banned or at least licensed...It was close run thing and i met alot of the original National Council members who worked really hard to keep the hobby alive...We must be open in everything we do and challenge the lies thrown at us by wannabee experts whose knowledge comes out of a book..Be proud of the effort  you put in to fill the gaps in our history.. Smiley
alun

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2013, 07:04:20 PM »

Mr the vexatious blogger with incredibly itchy underpants  Undecided has his own opinion and by closing the availability to see what rallies are being arranged would only fall prey to other threads and comments.
Our Hobby has literally unearthed new areas of archaeology for our country to re evaluate OUR history.
I have had a run in before with Mr the vexatious blogger with incredibly itchy underpants before, and proved him wrong in detecting on pasture land which was ear marked for wind farm development, which is now being researched regarding  a long house and plough and furrows in a otherwise unknown location relating to this activity. Freedom of speech is open to all, but the cattle leave their own calling cards.
Well stated Rob.

Roman Artefacts: 6
Gold:         3
Medieval 15
Silver:34
Etrac
AT Pro
Whites

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home