Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Your forum is been watched  (Read 10189 times)
relichunting
Restricted Member

« on: September 02, 2013, 07:57:51 PM »

Your forum is been watched  Shocked

Rallies are been cancelled

Is it not time to lock the forum down so it can only be viewed by members only? 

http://paul-the vexatious blogger with incredibly itchy underpants.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/focus-on-uk-metal-detecting-more-on.html

Lets have a few more comments please

Deus 2013

Hammies: 32
Saxon gilded saucer brooch 1
Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 08:12:40 PM »

Locking the forum would achieve nothing apart from increasing the amount of members joining this site. If anyone wished to read the forum all they would need to do is join which takes around 1 minute to do.

We have nearly 20 million hits on this site to date, the traffic is phenomenal for such a small hobby.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 08:16:07 PM by Tafflaff (Rob) » Logged

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 08:25:16 PM »

So are you going to continuing to publish rallies for general viewing

Surly we can have a rallies news section that can only be accessed by members only.

Its not just the so called archaeologist the vexatious blogger with incredibly itchy underpants  there are other archaeologist that are now warning farmers off against metal detecting

Deus 2013

Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
Roman (Ray)
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

Whites DFX 300 + Lazer Hawkeye user !!

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 08:25:36 PM »

he.s nucking futs he is.lol..if you ignore him he may go away..i love people who are more interested in what other people are doing..rather than what they are doing themselves..

DOWN TO EARTH WITH ROMAN ( RAY )
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 08:30:42 PM »

We certainly will be continuing as we have done for many years - that's not going to change.

If you are still referring to the the cancellation of the two day rally, it would appear to have nothing to do with any archaeologists or anyone else for that matter. That's the end of it really.

It happens, and we just move on.

Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
mrstonytrees

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 08:34:24 PM »

To prevent third party interference, I think that all you can do is give out the barest of details until the night before and maybe warn the farmer that someone is making up malicious rumours to prevent rallies happening. Tell them if anyone contacts them with this in mind to contact DW immediately with the contact number of the person who rang (provided it hasn't been withheld)

I don't get to go to many rallies because of other commitments, but would be as gutted as you all are if one I was to attend was cancelled because of spite from a third party.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 08:35:49 PM »

You are sooooooo behind the times lol. DW has been mentioned by him on many occasions over the years, hell he even started a new blogspot to make us feel special Cheesy
The rally cancellation was nothing to do with anybody or anything other than the future plans of the landowner to take advantage of the higher stewardship scheme. No conspiracy, no underhand dealings.
DW rallies are a bonus of the forum and therefore secondary to it's main attraction of being a easily accessible and friendly forum.
Metal detecting is just a "hobby", no different to stamp collecting or (in the public view) trainspotting, the only difference is that we have a certain minority who can and do cause damage to the historic record. With 12000 practitioners the thought of pandering to one man and a handful of his followers who are ridiculed, even by establishment they "wish" to be seen as serving is just paranoia gone mad. DW is a strong advocate of responsible detecting but without fascist censorship.
If you're worried about the bogeyman under the bed.........don't look under the bed Wink
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 08:42:53 PM »

personally, i'm really pleased that the forum has been viewed by over 20 million hits! It's a great example of a succesful interractive forum

Its a superb demonstration of how the Welsh can lead the way!. 

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 08:59:52 PM »

Geoff your are sooooooo behind the times  Cheesy

Why was the Acorn rally cancelled  Huh

Answer outside interference by a stuck up county archaeologist intent on destroying are hobby  

Deus 2013

Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 09:01:45 PM »

What's that got to do with DW Huh
relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2013, 09:16:25 PM »

My god your hard work  Huh

Outside interference and archaeologists intent on destroying are hobby are viewing the DW forum.

If they can get your rallies cancelled they will do what ever they can to do so 

Deus 2013

Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2013, 09:23:38 PM »

Unfortunately, when somebody wants to spout drivel, theres nothing anybody can
do, whether D W is an open or closed forum. Locking down the forum only adds fuel  for
the conspirators, who have nothing better to do.

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2013, 09:26:19 PM »

My god your hard work  Huh

Outside interference and archaeologists intent on destroying are hobby are viewing the DW forum.

If they can get your rallies cancelled they will do what ever they can to do so  
"IF"
I'm sorry but that paranoia and mistrust has divided archaeologists and detectorists for decades, here in Somerset the two have a very good working relationship and so "rumours" to the contrary aren't really welcome and are just trying to stir things for no reason.
Archaeologists don't go around trying to cancel digs just to ruin our day (if at all) if they do then it's with good reason.
win

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2013, 09:35:15 PM »

Spot on Geoff, you talk a lot of sense. Think this thread should be taken down.
congerman
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2013, 09:43:53 PM »

I think that an open forum is helping to highlight that there are responsible and honest people involved in the hobby as its not just about profit some really are interested in history and archaeology   I wonder if time team are quaking in their boots incase they lose the right to hold digs  they have A bigger following than DETECTING WALES if it wasn't for sites like the detecting wales how many members would have struggled and given up or been like me Wink detecting 90% of the time on there own (my choice I love my own company Grin Grin ) the rallies are A great idea for them who use them to meet  others and see finds that some (me Grin) can only dream of finding and also give access to places that some would never have  Wink

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal