Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Istanbul Castle Reveals Artifacts  (Read 3840 times)
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« on: August 29, 2013, 10:21:15 AM »

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/excavations-at-byzantine-castle-in-istanbul-reveal-80-artifacts.aspx?pageID=238&nID=53250&NewsCatID=375
cardiffian

Minelab Explorer, Deus

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 01:41:58 PM »

Interesting article. It's good to see that they take their Archaeology serious. In the late 80's I spent 6 weeks travelling right around the country and it is full of wonderful  ancient monuments. Van castle in Eastern Turkey is one example.

Hammered                 5         
Roman bronze          10
William 111 shilling
Disc brooches             2
Med. silver annular brooch
Goldpanner

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 07:03:46 AM »

I'm waiting for a complete and full excavation of Sarmisegetuza.
I went there in the 70's before a lot of the place hadnt been touched or even looked at for years. Amazing
cardiffian

Minelab Explorer, Deus

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 07:55:02 AM »

In 1987 I was in Israel, and intending to go on to Greece. However, a guy from the UK told me to go to Turkey before it takes off commercially. Sound advice, as I went and found the country, it's people and culture truly amazing. I spent just over 2 weeks in Marmaris working for my keep. Even then it was full of unfinished buildings (some sort of tax fiddle I was told). I made plenty of friends, and the evenings were spent relaxing and drinking in a convivial manner at the bars on the harbourside. Yes great memories, but sadly spoilt by a story I read recently. Marmaris has now become the first choice destination of all the Brit lager louts. Every night the place becomes a mecca for thousands of young lads and ladettes out to have a great time at any expense. It has now become so bad that each night there are many instances of violence between the locals and those on the party scene. Very, very sad and I am glad I went when I did.

Hammered                 5         
Roman bronze          10
William 111 shilling
Disc brooches             2
Med. silver annular brooch
Goldpanner

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 11:33:54 AM »

In 1987 I was in Israel, and intending to go on to Greece. However, a guy from the UK told me to go to Turkey before it takes off commercially. Sound advice, as I went and found the country, it's people and culture truly amazing. I spent just over 2 weeks in Marmaris working for my keep. Even then it was full of unfinished buildings (some sort of tax fiddle I was told). I made plenty of friends, and the evenings were spent relaxing and drinking in a convivial manner at the bars on the harbourside. Yes great memories, but sadly spoilt by a story I read recently. Marmaris has now become the first choice destination of all the Brit lager louts. Every night the place becomes a mecca for thousands of young lads and ladettes out to have a great time at any expense. It has now become so bad that each night there are many instances of violence between the locals and those on the party scene. Very, very sad and I am glad I went when I did.

Indeed so sir.
Back in the 60's and 70's I had some great chances via music to visit places like Thailand, Singapore and many cities in the far east.
Thailand itself was my favourite (For many reasons Smiley )   but back then everyone was so incredibly nice, polite and somehow, 'decent'.
On my last trip there last year I was totally disgusted with the place, drunken yobs everywhere, prostitutes openly touting in the streets in daylight, and these days most Thai's wont even smile at you unless you pay them. And as for Phuket and Pattaya?, no different from the Spanish Yob resorts.
Bali is the same, except its full of drunken vomitting Ozzies.

Oh how the world has changed.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal