Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: G-maxx 2  (Read 6870 times)
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« on: August 22, 2013, 10:49:50 PM »

Hi all,

I am now thinking of getting a pasture machine ( XP-Gmaxx 2 ) as I do not get on with my Tejon on pasture, it may just be me not liking that sort of detecting, I don't know? but I want to try something new.
I will still keep my Tejon for ploughed sites tho.
I did own a XP ADX 200 but sold it to a friend to get familiar with for the Cotswold rally, that's not happening now, but he is over the moon with it so im happy, the crazy thing is I never even used it once, only to test now im thinking of getting a new one Huh

If anyone has used the Gmaxx 2 or knows a good pasture machine it would be great to hear what you have to say.
Cheers

Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 11:36:47 PM »

Why don't you get a Deus lite? You can access gmp and g maxx programs on it and if you want later upgrade it with the controller. Once you have used a wireless machine you wo'nt want to go back to being tethered to a detector.
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 11:48:57 PM »

Dungbeetle I will defiantly look into that machine more I did have a quick look and thought about it, but read good reports on the g maxx im just looking for a simple turn on and go machine, as I really want to keep my other machine.
Cheers for your thoughts  Smiley
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 11:53:47 PM »

I used a Deus and guess what I'm back tethered lol
I honestly don't think you will find many machines deeper for coin size targets than the Tejon Huh But as it's a single high frequency machine I would be looking at an explorer so you have different types of machines with which to cover different sites.
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 12:03:50 AM »

Geoff my mate found his tiny Bodvoc with a minelab Roll Eyes  but it the noises they make lol its very strange to my ears  Roll Eyes I really do need to give one more time
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 12:08:34 AM »

It took me a year if I'm truthful to master it but I had been using a Sovereign before and had too many preconceived ideas. Taff, Mike, Deadlock and Dryland all came from single frequency machines and took to FBS like a duck to water....much to my annoyance lol
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 12:11:48 AM »

still can't discriminate those ducks out Grin

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 12:28:07 AM »

Its a long time to master a machine, but when you are there it becomes a part of you and a pleasure to use I know...... I may make the jump but not just yet, im a little worried about not getting on with the machine, XP is so much simpler with the multi tone. 
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 12:59:23 AM »

The  Deus is a turn on and go machine, the programmes are already set up, all you have to do is select one. As you get used to the machine you can alter settings to suit yourself. The minelabs are good machines but I find the weight and tones are not for me.
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2013, 11:42:10 AM »

I used a Deus and guess what I'm back tethered lol
I honestly don't think you will find many machines deeper for coin size targets than the Tejon Huh But as it's a single high frequency machine I would be looking at an explorer so you have different types of machines with which to cover different sites.

I think you might be right Geoff, I just watched some clips on YouTube field testing the Deus clip name (Deus test part 1) I was not blown away really clip 2 shows a euro ace going over the same bed between the Deus.
I think I will do as Joe did and get a new Ultimate coil

If anyone around the Bristol area wants to try there machine over my test bed they are more than welcome, just drop me a pm, it may be information gained for us both.
DEADLOCK
Superhero Member

I am an AntiquiSearcher...

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 12:11:46 PM »

I had gmaxx2 still do but I wouldn't  change my in a hurry far more better for  pasture I think gmaxx2 would suit arable land better.

rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 07:53:51 PM »

I had the G-Maxx and G-Maxx2 which operates at 4.6Hz and preferred it to my Gold Maxx Power.

The G Maxx program on the Deus operates about 7.8KHz.

There is an option to use 4KHz on the Deus and this is nice for coin hunting on pasture.

Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2013, 12:06:30 AM »

I had the G-Maxx and G-Maxx2 which operates at 4.6Hz and preferred it to my Gold Maxx Power.

The G Maxx program on the Deus operates about 7.8KHz.

There is an option to use 4KHz on the Deus and this is nice for coin hunting on pasture.

Cheers for the help people, I think the G-Maxx 2 will be the one for me for coin bashing....Since I had my Tejon just over a year a friend of mine who I detect with is on 4 golds to my zero, hes had a half sov, guinea and 2 rings, but my small thin hammered coinage is higher, but they are to completely different machines he uses a old ADX 200 with a large sef coil, like the machine I sold Undecided  coin shooting on trashy land covered in tin foil chopped cans he does very well, at the end of the day his pockets are always bulging Shocked

Just to keep you all eager im showing you his Guinea what I sold off to a dealer for him the start of this year, you may see it around as its got a slight nick on the obverse.  

PS all pasture finds bar the hsov  

* 156 (Large).JPG (322.14 KB, 1440x1080 - viewed 587 times.)

* 157 (Large).JPG (349.13 KB, 1440x1080 - viewed 556 times.)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 12:18:30 AM by Dale » Logged
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 09:20:49 AM »

It's a good tip for Deus users hunting on trashy land with foil, etc to use the 4 KHz frequency.

The signal goes deeper and hits better on thicker items. The recovery speed won't be as fast as the higher frequencies,  This is an option to upping your discrimination.

Different frequencies hit better on different metals.

The low frequencies like silver!    

Try using 4KHz for pasture and going for the deeper thicker stuff!  Makes a nice change.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal