Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: calling all loners!  (Read 2843 times)
brisad
Rally attendee

« on: August 22, 2013, 07:16:01 AM »

Hi all

I read somewhere that there is a detectorists in Ruthin Langollen and the surrounding areas who are all partnerless

If anyone fancies a day out please PM me as I cant find any clubs that are accepting members.

Brian
Goldpanner

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 08:27:40 AM »

The problem is, many Detectorists like myself prefer detecting alone, and there are many reasons for this.
When I lived in Essex I had a bloke beg me to let him detect with me. I said fine and took him out a few times but warned him not to go onto the farm alone as he did not have the permission.
I went on Holiday and yep you guessed it, when I came back the Farmer approached me and I was refused permission as the bloke I had taken out had been out every day and when confronted by the farmer told him 'I' had said it was OK for him to go on the farm.
It took me 6 months (and 2 bottles of Jack Daniels) to persuade the farmer to let me back onto the farm.
That farm had everything, Roman, medieval an old castle, river and a dam.
Spooyt Vane
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 09:41:25 AM »

Hi all

I read somewhere that there is a detectorists in Ruthin Langollen and the surrounding areas who are all partnerless

If anyone fancies a day out please PM me as I cant find any clubs that are accepting members.

Brian

Sorry to hear that Brian ,as when you start in this hobby you need help and advice on where to go..Joining the Federation Of Independent Detectorists.(based in Swansea ) might help with a ad in their magazine or put you in contact with  members in your area Smiley
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 09:59:08 AM »

Our club advertised for members a few weeks ago and we had very few takers. Look at N. W. D. D threads.
digitup
NWDD Member

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 03:07:24 PM »

New members coming tomoz my older bruv Wink
Tyna1
Rally attendee

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 08:52:12 PM »

The problem is, many Detectorists like myself prefer detecting alone, and there are many reasons for this.
When I lived in Essex I had a bloke beg me to let him detect with me. I said fine and took him out a few times but warned him not to go onto the farm alone as he did not have the permission.
I went on Holiday and yep you guessed it, when I came back the Farmer approached me and I was refused permission as the bloke I had taken out had been out every day and when confronted by the farmer told him 'I' had said it was OK for him to go on the farm.
It took me 6 months (and 2 bottles of Jack Daniels) to persuade the farmer to let me back onto the farm.
That farm had everything, Roman, medieval an old castle, river and a dam.

How awful   Undecided

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal