Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Beach detecting, pulse induction  (Read 10636 times)
Moncó

Teknetics G II & T2 se, Whites Pulse induction.

« on: August 06, 2013, 10:25:37 AM »

Hi Guys / Girls

I am now the proud owner of a Whites Pulse induction Surf.
I purchased from Crawfords, and must say was very satisfied with the provided service, Bought on the Thursday and delivered on the Monday…

Fate however has a cruel cruel sense of humor and irony.

I rapidly unpacked the machine, very enjoyable moment, has a quick read through the owner’s manual and hit the beach at night.

I generally hit the beach with my Teknetics G 2, it copes well with wet sand. Anyway, there I was trying my new machine….
Everything is 100 % operational and great, I was disappointed however with the finds..

Lack of discrimination and different tones makes you dig everything, and it is not an easy job whilst the small surf is knocking your machine about and filling the hole your trying to dig, also due to lack of 2 tones, the size of the disc, when you hit an object it is hard to pinpoint, whilst compromised by the water and surf around you…….Not too easy…

Anyway, machine is waterproof, floats on the surface great…..

After getting fed up in the water, I hit the wet sand……Big difference in depth, my G2 with the ultimate Detech DD coil goes deep but a pulse induction goes that bit further, All I found all night was rubbish, hair pins, rotten coins and every bit of rubbish possible. I was very frustrated and losing my patience with the lack of finds, digging to Australia and the fact that I was cold wet and getting nothing for it with my brand new machine that cost me dearly..

Just to rub salt in the wounds a mate of mine borrowed my G 2 and hit the dry sand a struck gold, literally…. If it wasn’t bad enough he found a lovely gold ring, with a borrowed machine, I have spent a small fortune on machines and have insisted 3 times a week for the gold, but nothing……………..

Life’s a ``Beach´´

I think I will only be using this machine on very low tides two / three times a month, in an attempt to find that gold stuff…wet suit on and wading till my waist….

Any way here are some pics....

New toy arrived...

Fist test..........

My disapointing finds.............

My mates finds / G 2 find...........

Best regards
Moncó
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 11:00:11 AM »

Great post Monco - I also have a Surfmaster - just not got round to using it properly yet as I tend to be in a field more than a beach - be interesting to see how you get on.

Enjoying reading your posts

cheers
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Moncó

Teknetics G II & T2 se, Whites Pulse induction.

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 11:06:39 AM »

Great post Monco - I also have a Surfmaster - just not got round to using it properly yet as I tend to be in a field more than a beach - be interesting to see how you get on.

Enjoying reading your posts

cheers
Neil

Its not that easy mate, especially when the beach is full of rubbish. I think Ill be more productive wading / low tide or in the winter, it is more a specific type of machine, designed for a specific type of search.

I have to get my head round that. I have invested in a machine but have to be pacient for the return....

I cant stand to see though all my mates finding gold and I cant find the bugger Grin Grin Grin

Oh well I can only insist persist and try and be a good boy and balance out that Karma....

Best regards
Moncó
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 12:52:09 PM »

with a pulse stick to the lower tide line where there's less trash.with time you will get used to the sound of iron Wink

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
ancientpat

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 07:18:10 PM »

If you want gold rings from the beach there are not many machines which will beat a PI.Yes you will dig rubbish but if you persist the gold will come. Neil will confirm what I have had from the beaches he published a picture for me some time ago showing a box of mainly 22ct rings. The low tides in the winter are the ones to go for and they can change from one tide to the next. Good luck, it is no different to land searching you have good days and bad days, the heavy rings are down deep.

Pat Wink Wink
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 08:29:19 PM »

i have seen a pic of pats rings and all i can say is WOW. Wink

gold = loads lol
musket ball

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 08:39:17 PM »

your not doing so bad yourself mike .you remind me of bobby george with all the bling haha Wink

boooooooom baby lets put a coil to the soil
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 08:49:03 PM »

im goin to dig him up lol and jimmy saville Shocked

gold = loads lol
alun

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 01:28:23 PM »

Monco, just thank your lucky stars you aint got a Badger around!!!!!! or have you?Huh maybe thats why your gold has gone.
Quick question Badger, You been on holiday lately?Huh  Roll Eyes

Roman Artefacts: 6
Gold:         3
Medieval 15
Silver:34
Etrac
AT Pro
Whites
alun

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 01:39:30 PM »

In all seriousness though, I have been thinking of  a PI unit next year. The Pastures are more interesting for me right now, but as the crops grow you do tend to be limited to certain area, and maybe like me end up on beach work, which has been good fun.
But before buying one I would like to go out with someone who has a PI unit to show me the ropes before buying, and convince me that it would drag more up than a DFX.  Grin
Any offers?

Roman Artefacts: 6
Gold:         3
Medieval 15
Silver:34
Etrac
AT Pro
Whites
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 02:04:03 PM »

Keep going Monco your gold will turn up soon enough.
It's only a couple of years a go that I had a message from a very frustrated  Dances With Badgers asking how common it was to find rings on a beach and if there were any special tricks or settings as he couldn't seem to find one. I reguiled him with stories of me finding 3 gold rings in an afternoon which I'm sure he probably didn't believe at the time but look at him now. Your next time out could be the one Wink
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2013, 04:53:58 PM »

Here is Pat's beach ring finds from over the years - most 22ct

All I can say is WOW! Inspiration to hit the beaches if it was ever needed.

Well done Pat - still teaching us Newbies a few tricks

See you soon
Neil

* Pat's beach rings!.jpg (70.25 KB, 640x480 - viewed 1227 times.)

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2013, 05:16:43 PM »

oooh i got the horn Grin. yes if it was not for advice from geoff and dragonsbreath i would have gave up,so keep swingin monco the gold is there mate
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 05:19:28 PM by dances with badgers » Logged

gold = loads lol
herbie

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2013, 05:37:35 PM »

Here is Pat's beach ring finds from over the years - most 22ct

All I can say is WOW! Inspiration to hit the beaches if it was ever needed.

Well done Pat - still teaching us Newbies a few tricks

See you soon
Neil
Wow that's impressive!!

Same sh*t different hole!!
ancientpat

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2013, 07:01:43 PM »

Thanks Neil for posting my picture again. I recently came across a notebook record of our ring finds starting on the 5th May 1977 up to 8thJan 1989 the total was 423 but not all gold, some silver. This was  some by my wife and in the early days some also by my son. In those days I was still working and this was only on weekends. For some reason I stopped keeping a record at that day, probably got lazy in my old age !!

Pat Wink Wink

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal