Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Another question...  (Read 8610 times)
Dusty

« on: August 01, 2013, 09:35:51 PM »

Anyone know when Fisher was bought out by Bounty? And what was the last 'true' Fisher model to be produced.

Got my eye on a CZ-3D but as is always the case some guys have put doubt into me grey matter saying the older CZ's are much better.

Aaaaaahhhhh my head hurts  Roll Eyes
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 11:46:05 PM »

Don't quote me on this but as far as I remember Fisher were taken over in 2008 Huh Which would make the last wholly developed machine the ID Edge, the the CZ-3d is still made so it bridges both companies.
The earlier cz3's were "reputedly" balanced better but that's a bit hard to believe given first Texas' reputation as an electronics co. People tend to laugh at Bounty Hunter as a make but you would be hard pressed to have found better electronics in the early 80's.
None of the older machines were "much better" some may have been not much worse and some may even have gone slightly deeper but with a lot of blips and squeaks but if machines were that good they would still be being made. Wink

Dusty

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 09:30:06 AM »

Cheers again Geoff!

The CZ I'm looking at is supposed to be a big deal being a 1021 version. Apparently it was overhauled and setup by a guy who now works for NASA, Thomas D.

Call me suspicious but I wonder if it's just a way to extract more money from my slim wallet what with the NASA association..

Aaaggghhh, not fond of the ifs, buts and maybes. Might get a bloody minelab and be done with it....!
Pon

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 09:37:28 AM »

I think youre right to be suspisious Dusty, Personally I'd be more inclined to buy it if it had been setup by the people who designed/made it in the first place Smiley

This is of course unless you have aspirations to detect the moon or other far away planets or galaxies Grin

You can always tell a Black Country kid. You just can't tell him much!
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 10:27:04 AM »

Well Thom Dankowski was the guy who helped develop the CZ range and he is the guy who knows them inside out, but of course Fisher machines are set up for the American market and their coins are of a higher conductivity, so it being one of the original machines doesn't hold much water for me here in the UK.
Also having an early number is only really of any interest to a collector of metal detectors.
Dusty

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 02:24:50 PM »

So really speaking for the UK coins/ground its irrelevant whether its a 1021 or not. Mmmm, so the premium attached to the machine (450) isn't really worth it. Time to thrash out and better price or leave it be.

Pon, think I'll pass on detecting the moon just now lol.
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 02:34:45 PM »

I'm sure you must have said why you want an older machine but whether the 3D is an early one or later it's still not going to hold a candle to a newer F series as far as usability is concerned.
If you want the older style Fishers then why not have a look at any of the newer Detech EDS, Golden Mast, Deeptech  machines as they are all based on them Wink
Dusty

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 04:10:03 PM »

Mmmm, I did consider the GM4S but the guys at Rogers Relics pointed out that it probably wouldn't suit my detecting locations and that the GM is quite fond of bottle tops, ring pulls and iron. I just assumed the other would be the same. I don't mind something without a VDI but would ideally like 3 tones.

The other half is really on my case so I need something that I'll keep and be happy with.

Been looking at so many detectors and specs lately nothings making sense anymore. Need a day off!
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 04:14:22 PM »

my other half went mental when i bought an etrac for 760 quid until i started bringing the gold home lol.good luck with your choice

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
Dusty

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2013, 04:36:22 PM »

760 quid  Shocked  jesus she'd kill me to death if I just mentioned it!

Gotta toe the line, she's buying  Grin
Iornmonkey5
Rally attendee

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2013, 05:03:47 PM »

760 quid  Shocked  jesus she'd kill me to death if I just mentioned it!

Gotta toe the line, she's buying  Grin

mine would have had a right wobbly as well. Need lots of brownie point before I could spend £750 on what seem see's as a waste of time and just a boys day out every week.

im5  Shocked
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2013, 05:55:25 PM »

it was a not just a weekend toy for me it was a tool to do a job,i was unemployed and relentlessly hunted the beaches until i was hitting gold .its payed for itself 6 times over maybe more lol,i will never sell my etrac its with me for life or until it dies lol

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 06:02:29 PM »

I bet you'll go before it Grin

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
Da Monkey
Superhero Member

secret CTX LuVVeeerrrrrr

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2013, 07:49:10 PM »

Go and get that dfx if you liked the xlt dusty. You can save about a 100 on the price of that cz as well...

BOOOOMMMM  BABBBBEEHHHHH!!! I've found even more old tat !!!     Grin Grin
Dusty

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2013, 10:38:30 AM »

There's a house clearance gaff I goto every month, been today and he has a DFX 300 with a smashed display. Probably an expensive repair. Got 6 more in tomorrow but doesn't know what  Huh

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal