Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: beaches at the moment  (Read 4005 times)
musket ball

« on: July 21, 2013, 07:50:55 PM »

is anyone having much rings etc off the beaches at the moment as theres been no wind to disterb the bed.or doesnt that matter.still new to the beach tecting.

boooooooom baby lets put a coil to the soil
matthewbullingham123

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 08:45:02 PM »

Way to much sand on most beaches at the mo, so it's hit and miss at the moment. Need some big tides and some winds in our favour Smiley but as you know can pull up anything Smiley
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 07:29:25 AM »

need at least 18'' to go off my favourite beaches to get the good stuff ,hand tight or do some inland tecting for a bit peeps

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
Christoph1945
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 09:03:05 AM »

Had my first gold ring yesterday but my beach is pretty well sanded up and with the present heat wave, the dry sand is difficult to dig; the darned stuff keeps running back into the hole. Hear in North East Wales, the wind is picking up and the weather man is warning of big storms when the heat wave peters out.

Mind you, a bit of rain on the land will make for easier digging on our permissions.
alun

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 07:06:52 PM »

Love my pasture permissions, but the ground is so dry and hard its impossible to get anywhere at the mo.
Been doing the beaches whenever possible all on the dry sand for recent losses, had a few pound here and there, but only one small gold ear ring and a small cross. But at least its getting a few hours in lol. The kids love it down the beach anyway, so the missus is glad for a break.  Roll Eyes

Roman Artefacts: 6
Gold:         3
Medieval 15
Silver:34
Etrac
AT Pro
Whites
carling

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 07:15:06 PM »

just though it was us dirt diggers having probs at the mo  Wink,as for inland, crops are everwhere, pasture to dry {things that sopposed to go ting ting go squeak squeak  Grin},only getting the shallow signals and dont really want the deep 1s as i dont carry a pneumatic drill when i go tectin ,moan moan and more moan  Grin Grin,,wheres this rain  Huh {roll on winter  Grin}
musket ball

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 07:49:25 PM »

lol im glad it isnt just me then.i found the other night on dry sand,my sov gt was making false signals all the time,is it because its to dry.still getting used to it.do i need to rebalance coming from wet sand to dry etc.hopefully theres some gt users on here,thought it might of been coil playing up.so went next night on new beach and worked fine

dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 05:25:33 PM »

my elite falses when near the low waters edge so i turn sense down a bit.next time your out andrew try the machine in pulse power mode ,use it in pinpoint (all metal) mode, turn sense right up and no discrimination,dig the two way signals that aint obviuos iron (double blips) you might be surprised at what you dig up.i tried mine like this at pendine and was hitting pre decimals at over 16''.
 this mode does.nt false as much as you would expect.
 try it you got nothing to lose,american beach hunters reckon you get an extra couple of inches on the goldies like that.

gold = loads lol
musket ball

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 09:11:02 PM »

chears mike will try it out,so any iron or junk should b just a one way signal.

Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 10:08:18 PM »

If you try searching in pinpoint mode you need to make sure you're on maximum volume or you won't gain anything Wink
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2013, 10:03:12 AM »

[quotechears mike will try it out,so any iron or junk should b just a one way signal]
[/quote]
 not necessarily andrew,you still tend to get a slight grubby two blip signal on obvious iron (hairpins and nails).give it a go but get a bigger shovel lol

gold = loads lol

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal