Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Detecting sites in Herefordshire help  (Read 2108 times)
jknnth
Rally attendee

« on: July 29, 2013, 12:28:27 AM »

Hi all,
Will be traveling to Hereford this Thursday and would like to know if any members have detected there and if they have been your know of any areas that are worth getting permission for.

Cheers
john

the-BANGOR-citizan

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 09:14:56 PM »

Herefordshire has loads of detectorists. A few clubs and if you do find anywhere well done as I know a few who have been looking for a while. Like all the UK you find good stuff where you least expect it, and nothing where you think is a good area, that's detecting. Ask Carling on here he must have permission on about thirty farms though how you can expect to detect properly thirty farms in a lifetime I'll never know. Perhaps he can help you.

Remember Farrar Road
Farmer Phil (always remembered)
jknnth
Rally attendee

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 06:17:09 PM »

Just A update on my trip to Hereford is any one is interested. did not manage to get any permissions in the areas i wanted to detect. but came across some story's along the way. Visited a place called Clifford. Meet i lady in the village wile looking for a roman site, found out that it was a castle in someones land. but she warned us not to detect in that area as there was a dispute between the owner and English Heritage. Basically the owner found a very old ring wile detecting on her land and it was confiscated by English Heritage, don't no how much of this was true but apparently the lady was so upset she sold up and left. The castle lay only 500 mtr from her home. we spoke to the new owner which were very nice and the let us have a look around. very nice site just wish we could of had a dig but not to be as. hopefully going to have a go on the beaches around west wales, obtained a permit from the Crown Estate so see how that one planes out

Cheers
john

Da Monkey
Superhero Member

secret CTX LuVVeeerrrrrr

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 07:03:18 PM »

I'm in Hereford and can confirm that its getting harder all the time to get permission, I've even lost a couple of old permissions this year myself Sad  The hobby is almost a victim of its own success around here I think.

Good luck with your 'tecting.

BOOOOMMMM  BABBBBEEHHHHH!!! I've found even more old tat !!!     Grin Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal