Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi from Corwen  (Read 1954 times)
brisad
Rally attendee

« on: July 28, 2013, 11:37:50 PM »

Hi to everyone

I am Brian and live in Corwen. used to detect years and years ago then had a family!

Due to poor health of the better 9/10ths I am now at a loose end and have bought a cheapy detector that probably nobody has heard of, a Klarstein from ebay the instructions are very informative.......... if you are German speaking lol going to try the farm at the back tomorrow to get a feel for it.

I hope I can get back into the hobby again and make new friends

regards
Discrim-Me

Everybody in its spitting

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 12:20:31 AM »

Hi there, welcome, to be honest that detector you have purchased will not give you good service, I understand its cheap and not everyone can afford hundreds of pounds for a good machine, but it won't help you to get back into detecting by using inferior equipment, my best advice would be to get a refund if poss and spend a little bit more and get something that will actually detect and not fall apart after 1 session.
Here's a link to a machine that works and is cheap..  Good luck.

http://metaldetectorshop.co.uk/shopping_cart/index.php?_a=product&product_id=62000

You need to have walked in the deepest valley to appreciate the magnificence of standing on the highest mountain.
brisad
Rally attendee

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 01:38:39 AM »

Hi there

Thanks for the reply, had a quick look at the scanmaster stuff it SEEMS to be ok but I am stuck with what I have and will have to stick with what I have for now as any "spare" cash is going into the motorhome conversion and "future proofing" our bungalow just in case I
pop my clogs

I wonder if anyone has actually used a Klarstein detector? my son gets fair results with the cheapest detector from Maplin (about £35) my old detector was the cheapest around at the time I last detected and I got good finds with it and mostly better results than my detecting partner who got a pricey detector which didn't pick up the finds I got.

I also bought a Viking ! series 5 as a used detector from ebay and I am looking into maybe a replacement coil?Huh

A free C scope arrived with it as a surprise! but the coil cover is in two parts so I will be looking at a diy/coil change as well. just testing the waters at the moment.

I don't want to use the discrimination setting so my first run will be on the "all metal" setting as I really dont mind ring pulls  etc, its the thrill of a find I like along with the outdoors
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 02:58:16 PM »

welcome aboard bud.keep at it .most people start with a cheap machine and as they get the bug they upgrade later on.good luck.mike

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal