Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's Happeneing ?????  (Read 8776 times)
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« on: July 16, 2013, 06:14:48 PM »

Has anyone else had a problem with being thrown out of the Forum  Huh?

5 times now I've been in the process of reading or writing and suddenly the Forum has gone and I'm on a site called 'MY THINGS.COM'   Never heard of them, whats happeneing, am I being taken over.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Metalmickey

Fisher F75 User.Some Men are Wise, Some Otherwise!

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 06:37:51 PM »

Download & Run Ad-aware Antivirus (Free Version) & see what problems it finds if any 1st  Wink Let me know the result Val.

If you want to understand today, you have to search for yesterday !!
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 06:58:46 PM »

I ve been trying to get rid of you for years Grin

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
GJH

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 07:30:40 PM »

Has anyone else had a problem with being thrown out of the Forum  Huh?

5 times now I've been in the process of reading or writing and suddenly the Forum has gone and I'm on a site called 'MY THINGS.COM'   Never heard of them, whats happeneing, am I being taken over.

Val
It happens to me when I go on to your post.
 Geoff
Discrim-Me

Everybody in its spitting

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 07:44:57 PM »

yoiu have got an adware trojan on yer system , as metalmickey said download and run ad-aware its free just google it, best site to get it from is file hippo.

You need to have walked in the deepest valley to appreciate the magnificence of standing on the highest mountain.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 08:24:13 PM »

Using Hubbies comp. I've got Panda Antivirus Pro on mine and have set a full scan to see what it picks up.

Can I use another Anti Virus program if I've already got one. ?

If it is me then I apologise to anyone who's having trouble. Don't know where it came from though. I've only been on here and Wiki today, apart from reading my mail.

Val

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 08:48:48 PM »

Well, scan finished. Had a look at report and had literally hundreds of things 'disinfected'.  Lets hope it got the adware one. Nasty little bugs, I hate them. Roll Eyes

Thanks for the help and advice Guys. If MyThings pops up again I'll try the one suggested.

Val

Discrim-Me

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 08:58:30 PM »

Val:  u can use ad-aware with any other other anti virus program,it shouldnt affect it, can i also suggest what i have found to be the best protection for pc,s..  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/security-essentials-download 

I have tried them all (believe me) lol   and microsoft security essentials is by far the best out there and its totally free as long as you have got a registered copy of windows installed..

You need to have walked in the deepest valley to appreciate the magnificence of standing on the highest mountain.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 10:54:46 PM »

Well, MicroSoft now down loaded and another scan done. This time nothing found. Came back on site and within 10 secs it was back again.  Am now down loading AVG as suggested. It's driving me MAD.
I wonder if it's something to do with the Google pop up blocker not working properly.

Val

Discrim-Me

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 11:43:41 PM »

Well, MicroSoft now down loaded and another scan done. This time nothing found. Came back on site and within 10 secs it was back again.  Am now down loading AVG as suggested. It's driving me MAD.
I wonder if it's something to do with the Google pop up blocker not working properly.

Val

ok Val first of all did you uninstall your previous anti virus program before installing Microsoft security essentials?, if not you need to do so then do a clean install of MSE,  once its installed do a full scan of your system...  NEXT get this>>>>http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/ just clik the "download latest version" on right of page, install and run a "QUICK SCAN"  any malware in your system will be detected and you just clik remove anything it finds, this should get rid of your annoying little pest  Cool

rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 04:32:25 AM »

I had problems a couple if weeks ago with malware. My anti virus software was asking permission to download every time I switched on!

It was by a company called Perion.

Even locating the file and deleting it didn't work.....it'd be there when I next switched on!

I downloaded malware bytes and got rid of the nasty bug.

What odious individuals sit down and write thus junk that plagues innocent computer surfers?

I hate things popping up when you don't want it!  Grin

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 07:54:32 AM »

I've got used to things 'popping up' They seem to be a fact of life. What annoyed me about this one was it took over and threw DW out and the only way I could get back was to close down and start again. But it was getting faster with less time in between.

Now DiscrimMe, you tell me I should have un-installed previous Anti Virus program. Well you're a bit late with that advice.  I now have the most protected Lap-Top in Wales.  As far as I know I have Panda Pro, Microsoft Essentials and something from AVG called Anti Virus 2013.  I think I might have down loaded the wrong thing because this AVG program kept telling me it was free for 30 days.
Surprisingly AVG (last one down loaded) found 4 Threats and removed them after Panda and MSE supposedly left a clean slate. GO figure !!!
The 'bug' seems to have gone, nothing so far this morning.  BUT  what about all the software I've down loaded. Am I about to blow up.

Val

nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2013, 07:59:18 AM »

"am I about to blow up"

We can only hope
 Grin

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2013, 08:02:34 AM »

Nobby, it's not funny    Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Wink Wink Grin Grin  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Discrim-Me

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2013, 05:04:12 PM »

Don't worry Val you won't blow up unless of course you step on a landmine.... Shocked goto add remove program's and uninstall panda and avg, just leave Microsoft in , also did you get and run the malware bytes ?  This is the one that will remove all the popups etc, anti virus program's do just that-they get rid of viruses which are much more harmfully to your pc .  Hope this helps....  BTW I used to work for a pc repair organisation that's how I know that Microsoft security essentials is the best free protection out there.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal