THE MEMBERS THAT FOUND HOARDS

<< < (6/12) > >>

Kev:
what a great day for you both ALAN ;D.............. lovely finds

coleggwent(phil):
what in the same field alan wat a day out mate  ;)

Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan ):
Thanks Cas and Phil  yes, in the same field on the same day,  iv'e got the story  about the day floating around some where,
 Cheers now
 Alan

DIG IT! (ADIE):
I will explain what the hoard was that i posted earlier.It consists of a neck collar and two bangles of which one of the bangles had a part missing which was found at a later date by none other than our own peter H.It was found in 2005 by my mate brian and myself.I think brian should take most of the plaudits as he found the neck collar .But when he showed me what he had found iwas in shock !I was at the spot as quick as a ferret up a drainpipe.I scanned the area for any faint signals and immediately got one.Because it was on stubble the ground was pretty soft so i dug down about 9 inches and pulled out three quarters of a bangle with punchdot and chevron design with a dark green patina on it.It was about two feet away from the collar.Me and brian decided there could be more so decided to call mark lodwick.Mark decided to come down to the findspot as he was nearby on another dig.When he seen the finds he expressed he had not seen anything like them before !He marked the spot and asked if we could come down the next day to watch an excavation and to bring our detectors to check the spoil heap.The next day we met at the site and mark and adam started their excavation .I went for a roam and within half an our i was holding a palstave axehead which was about 300 yards from the other site but thats another story,   any way we went back to see mark and he informed us that they had found another bangle with human wrist bone attached.They cut a section out around the bangle and took all the finds to cardiff museum and declared them treasure trove.We were later told that they were dated to approximately 80 AD and probably belonged to a lady due to the size of the collar  romano british .One year later they were valued at 5000 pounds of which half went to the farmer and the rest split between the two of us.they now reside in the early wales section of the cdiff museum.I better shut up now ;D

DIG IT! (ADIE):
This is the collar at the museum and what is nice it is labelled underneath as THE BOVERTON COLLAR found by detectorists ADrian p and brian g and guess who opened the new section of the museum !none other than our great friend MICK ASTON! Didnt talk to him just gave him a smug smile ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page