Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Minelab ex-terra 705  (Read 4394 times)
Karldav123
Rally attendee

« on: July 02, 2013, 03:32:05 PM »

Hi guys looking to buy a minelab  ex-terra 705 what the thought on this one don't want to go up any more on price , sounds very good in all reports any views welcome.
Also where is the best place to buy it from. .    Cheers
Bling (mark)

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 06:46:01 PM »

Hi mate I owned one before I bought my t2 ltd very good machine very  happy with it I'm even sorry I sold it. Very good depth with the 10.5 coil  only used mine on pasture and it's not that hard to learn I  found the  backlight waste of time  you won't be sorry go for it.   

Soveriegn xs2 pro / goldmaxx power v4 /makro racer
Karldav123
Rally attendee

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 11:12:15 AM »

Well just ordered myself a minelab ex-terra705 from Joan Allan , can't wait till tommorrow , try it on the beach first then try som fields ,any one know of any farms around the Porthcawl area that let metal detector it's on?
adrian wall

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 04:27:25 PM »

Call up minelab on YouTube.there are video's of the 705 being used.there are some very good tips on how to set it up properly.I used to have one.I found it great.but I packed detecting up.and ended up buying a different detector.enjoy your new machine.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 04:45:42 PM »

Great choice and one of my favourite machine (70 or 705) I found loads of stuff with mine, run it in all metal, 2 tone and you won't miss much.
This may be of interest to you, just download and save Wink
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bxtf-O7KMnEnUEJ0RzhmOHlxOG8/edit?usp=sharing
PatrickBrown
Rally attendee

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 10:59:07 PM »

Hi Karl,

I have a 705, and detect ploughed land. I have the elliptical and 6" inch double D 18kHz coils, and detect in all metal, 2 tone. I love the 6" coil, and would recommend one as a way of learning the detector because it is so easy to use, particularly in an iron rich area, where I typically find the most.

I'm not skilled enough to tell iron when in prospecting mode so I can't use this for general detecting, but I have found prospecting mode useful if I loose a signal because the find has slipped deeper down the hole, and I also use it when I find something interesting and I want to dig everything nearby just in case (any object can signal as iron at the edge of its detectable depth). 

I find the sizing pin point mode far more informative than the default one.

I don't push sensitivity too high, I find any detector easier to use at lower sensitivities, especially when learning how to interpret its signals.

I find auto ground balance very stable, I expect someone more skilled would do better with manual ground balancing or offsetting the auto choice, but I'm happy with auto. I do re-balance if I move to another part of a field.

Because the double D coils create a blade shaped field down their centre line I sweep every signal twice at right angles. Big iron will normally sound iron in one direction. This crossing also helps with pin-pointing.

Pat

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal