Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Detecting abroad  (Read 8759 times)
galoshers

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2013, 08:04:47 PM »

France is Ok (article in TH mag last years ) , and Italians do detect in spite of it being illegal ,,and good finds are made, they  just keep out of sight .
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2013, 08:25:22 PM »

France certainly isn't OK, I lived there for 8 years and got warned twice even with the landowners permission and not near any historic site. Beaches you can get away with but try it on a crowded beach and you might find yourself losing your machine Wink
woodbob123

vintage and home made

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2013, 01:28:24 PM »

Andaluscia Southern Spain is a no no anywhere. Rest of Spain is ok as long as you are away from historic sites. But as always keep a low profile and don't take your best most expensive detector just in case.
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2013, 02:54:26 PM »

low profile is my mid name lol

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
galoshers

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2013, 07:17:50 AM »

the French have more detecting mags than we do so theres something going on geoff,and regardez les XP brands from FRance.there must be a market if XP is a top brand
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2013, 07:49:47 AM »

Yes they have some great mags and yes it does go on but that doesn't mean it's legal or that people aren't getting prosecuted on a regular basis. It's not so much detecting but the finding of ANYTHING old that's illegal so unless you have an "age filter" on your machine then you can get in to trouble.
A few years ago we had a representative of the French pro detecting lobby join DW explaining their plight.
http://www.detectingwales.com/index.php?topic=1008.0
XP are in France but that means nothing as Minelab are in Ireland and there you could be arrested for detecting in your own garden.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 08:01:34 AM by Chef Geoff » Logged
galoshers

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2013, 12:02:23 PM »

same as in Italy then . banned but it goes on day and night
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2013, 02:39:24 PM »

Andaluscia Southern Spain is a no no anywhere. Rest of Spain is ok as long as you are away from historic sites. But as always keep a low profile and don't take your best most expensive detector just in case.

I thought about detecting in Spain when i was there on holiday earlier this year, but I was near Barcelona - it seems that some beach areas are ok, but many are not, and there was some talk of there being a local club - if you were in it you were more likely to get permission to dig.

I may be wrong, but I thought in Ireland (Southern at least) if a farmer or the like had lost a ring / tractor part you were permitted to look for it with a detector - and then anything else you found was ok (although had to be handed in)
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2013, 02:56:24 PM »

Well whether the farmer has or hasn't lost his lynchpin that's always the story lol. The offence like France is the digging up of historical items (along with the sale, advertising or promotion of metal detectors), so as long as you promise to only dig coins of say 100 years or so your OK but any older and you're liable to a fine as ALL historical items belong to the State. Unfortunately my machine doesn't have that good a discrimination lol
carling

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2013, 03:49:16 PM »

i thought about tectin in wales but its way to foreign for me  Grin Grin
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2013, 08:46:18 PM »

my cousin was tecting in spain last week,he had a bit of grief from a hotel owner but ignored him lol

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
pontyboy

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2013, 02:44:54 PM »

I Also lived in france for 8 years and I joined a French metal detecting club, around 50 members all with there own land to detect on, theres even websites with allsorts of finds posted, roman, bronze age, celtic coins artifacts etc, quite a few magazines out too. we had a couple of rallies with the club getting permission from landowners..club would bury tokens so we were looking for them officially.  we never had any problems, and used to detect beaches with no problem, just don't go on the DD Day beaches in Normandy, I was always told by the French detectorists to say you were looking for a lost ring or something if anyone asked because your not supposed to be look for Antiquity items. its typical of the French they don't know what there own laws are, they just love the red tape bureaucracy.

I also had a lot of my own land got permission from farmers they were fine about it and just said tell anyone your looking for farming machinery parts if anybody was to ask but they never did. one of the Detectorists in the club was even a gendarme french Policeman. Smiley

Minelab SE PRO
XP Deus
stever

"Wise is he who collects the wisdom of others."

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2013, 10:00:37 PM »

people can detect in france and its just the french red tape I lived in france for 18 months and seen quite a few on the beaches sometimes you may have to inform the town mayor and invite him round for a bite to eat and a drink and show your not going to dig up the place   you cant always  live by black and white laws  sometimes grey is ok.

Finds Since Feb 2012
Gold Rinds x2
Gold  35g
Hammered-7
Silver coinage-53
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2013, 10:19:23 AM »

Just come back from France  detecting in Frejus ,Lyon and mont du forez . Grin look forward for the next hunt with the Rhone detecting club .

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal