Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tips on Beach detecting.  (Read 7784 times)
alun

« on: June 09, 2013, 05:00:40 PM »

Hi all.
I now Badger will get in on this one  Roll Eyes He hit on a question I have been meaning to ask about Beach detecting on English beaches. Mainly Brean in Western.

I have done shingle beaches in Dorset mainly Chesle, Lymne and Studland. With the exception of Studland most of them are heavy shingle or cobbles to some extent, of which a few good finds have come from these. However, Brean has been a thorn in my side in the past, and this summer the wife has suggested we take the kids there for a week. Well my little Whites will have to come along and this is where I bow down to the beach experts for advice. Any available?  Kiss
p.s Poole harbour has  good sandy area by the yacht club where there are good finds, but ask if your going in the yacht club as part of the beach is private for launching.

Roman Artefacts: 6
Gold:         3
Medieval 15
Silver:34
Etrac
AT Pro
Whites
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 05:38:24 PM »

Yes first bit of advice.....don't bother in summer lol Like many beaches Brean can be either very kind or very cruel with there being an extra 2 feet of sand on the beach in summer. the area close to the old wreck opposite berrow church does throw up older finds (I had a hammy from there once) and I used to have luck with rings on the beach behind the Seagull pub.
It's a matter of suck it and see in summer, you can either strike it lucky or strike out Undecided
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 05:47:43 PM »

its hit or miss in summer as geoff says alun.if its a popular swimming spot and weather is warm you could get a couple of rings a night/day .i know my cousin had a roman coin of brean.good luck and show us the gold.im off to polzeath next month for the weekend weehee cant wait.

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 10:56:50 PM »

my only find of any significance last summer on  brean sands was 21p and a bullet. Huh Embarrassed

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Whiteduke

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 11:15:53 PM »

talking of beach detecting,i took a leisurley walk down barry beach today at around 5 oclock with the idea of maybe popping back down about 8 with the detector,i was amazed to see 4 or 5 dectorists in amongst the beach goers happily swinging away Shocked,talk about intrusion.
yes i gave it a miss.
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 06:47:54 AM »

i personally dont do that anymore.less hasssle bu tyou do miss out on all those over weight women in bikinis that used to fit 2 years ago but dont anymore Shocked,
 much easier to go after peeps gone home.hard to concentrate with hoards of kids following you around the beach.
have a look while its busy to see where peeps swimmin then go back later when tide gone out simples

gold = loads lol
alun

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 05:34:47 PM »

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I thought the sand would be right up in the summer as the beaches there are short with a steep fall to the tide line, bugger.
Interesting about the wreck area and behind the pub though will give that a try. I cant see me going without at least one day wandering the tide line, definitely go bonkers.
 I usually prefer pasture land, but now the crops and fields are in full swing the beaches and estuaries are looking good.
Seen what your on about badger with guys detecting the beach towel slalom, not the way to promote our hobby. Thanks again all

Medieval 15
Etrac
AT Pro
Whites
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 08:55:29 PM »

yes al take a trip down in the day ,maybe a couple of pics to remind you later where the concentrations of swimmers/surfers are ant go back later.the guys that go inbetween sunbathers only get a handfull of coins.i want the GOLD keep the coins lol.very rare you get more than a tenners worth of coins in one day but you can get 3 rings.my record is 990 quids worth of gold with 3 wedding bands 22ct in a day so give you somethin to aim for alun,challenge on .good luck mike
 p.s plus if you go at night u wont get hassle of kids.

gold = loads lol
alun

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 06:16:30 PM »

Cope with the hassle from the kids, its the hassle from the missus that sends me to the beach lol

Medieval 15
Etrac
AT Pro
Whites
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 11:21:17 PM »

now you now why i spend so much time getting sand in my face lol

gold = loads lol
keepmateethinajar

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2013, 11:28:24 PM »

nothing worse than paying £4 to dick turpin on the gate to drive on the beach

tis better to have loved a short women....than to never have loved a tall

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal