Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on the Laser Hawkeye...  (Read 40290 times)
Dusty

« on: June 05, 2013, 08:49:48 AM »

Bored with my Safari now and looking towards getting something else. Looking at the Hawkeye as a replacement to the Minelab.

From what I can make out the Hawkeye likes small gold and silver, depth I'm not so sure about, good recovery speeds, nice an light and does well in trashy area's - the latter being good for me because I only ever do parks and playing fields. On paper all seems reasonable... The thing is I can't help thinking I'm going to loose significant performance compared to the Safari. True or not I don't know but the word is 5 1/2 inches on a old viccy penny doesn't strike me as great  Huh

Any thoughts people?
Little_bro
NWDD Member

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 09:03:42 AM »

If its a light machine with good recovery speed then I would recommend the xp Deus. You can get the Deus without the remote as it also works off the headphones for £650

http://www.themuseum.co.uk/product-GB.asp?id=604

Heus, modo itera omnia quae mihi nunc nuper narravisti, sed nunc Anglice

NWDD & NCMD
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 09:09:38 AM »

They are chalk and cheese I'm afraid, not in overall performance but in their uses and so one can never replace the other, complement, yes.
It would be like replacing a screwdriver with a spanner in your toolbox, both have their uses Wink
If you are only detecting parks and playing fields (how do you get permission?) then you're focusing on coin shooting and shallower finds amongst junk which the Hawkeye is brilliant at doing but for all around detecting and performance then the Safari is in another league.
Dusty

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 10:17:48 PM »

If you are only detecting parks and playing fields (how do you get permission?)

The local estate office managers son does a spot of detecting. All he said to me was don't annoy people, fill in your holes and if the old bill or council official approaches you just move on. His only concern with detecting is detectorists not filling in their holes and the public falling as a result. If I'm a good boy he won't follow up any reports from people who have nothing better to do but moan and be nosie  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal