Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bit of trouble whilst out detecting  (Read 4598 times)
welshdigger

« on: May 31, 2013, 10:48:20 AM »

the little village where i live is where i was basically born and bred and my parents have been good friends with the 2 local farmers since before i was born so i have permission to detect on all farm land around my house  Wink
anyways i was happily out for an hour this morning in the sun having a little search when i got a signal , dug a hole and put my pin pointer in.... just as i was getting closer to the find a new blue audi convertable pulls up on the road next to the field.
so i look up and smile at whoever it is and some crazy blonde chick gets out of the car, runs over to the fence and starts screaming "oi what the fcuk do you think your doing! get out of that fcuking field right now! she then grabs a camera out of her car and tried to take a picture of me whilst ranting like a dog with rabies or something lol.
i was like who the fcuk is this?  i explained that i had permission off both farmers to go in any fields they own and she just carried on like a madwoman screaming " im phoning the police" lol
she then parked in front of my jeep and waited for the police.
i was a bit stunned to be honnest but carried on detecting till the fuzz turned up.
i told them what had happened and that i have permission to go anywhere on both farmers land and they let me go merrily on my way.
after speaking to the farmer it turns out she thinks shes princess perfect who only recently moved into the village into one of the posh cottages near to the farm that has nothing to do with her ?
what must she have said to the police on the phone ? hello someones metal detecting in a field thats not mine? lol
what a nosy, interfering , time wasting ,false titted , botox filled ,good for nothing hag of a woman.
rant over lol
to be honnest im thinking of getting a copyright letter printed out and bill for £1500 sent to her for the picture she tried to take of me  Grin
anyone else ever had anything like this happen whilst out detecting?

minelab etrac newbie
garrett pro pointer
lil yellow shovel
4 pack of red bull
 http://s1124.photobucket.com/profile/welshdigger1
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 10:58:45 AM »

Cheesy lol!  Love it  Grin

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 11:02:05 AM »

No thank god, nothing like that's happened to me Shocked
She sounds really high class using language like that Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy I'm afraid if that sort of language comes out of anyone's mouth they become instantly and totally invisible lol
Oh and "Chick"? "Fuzz"? you do know the 70's are over do you Grin Grin Grin Grin
Roman (Ray)
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

Whites DFX 300 + Lazer Hawkeye user !!

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 11:03:09 AM »

firstly i would have said excuse me my love..but if you keep on screaming the F word to me..you.ll be joining your f**king grand-parents in the cemetery.

know lets talk nice and tidy and im sure we can sort out your problem..lol.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 11:04:55 AM by Roman (Ray) » Logged

DOWN TO EARTH WITH ROMAN ( RAY )
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 11:39:44 AM »

That's the sort of situation I dread and why I'm so fussy on finding out exactly which fields I can go in. I only got shouted at once, by a Farmer, and that was on a DW rally. Roll Eyes

I spent nearly an hour, this morning, out and about with a farm hand  Wink  so he could show me around my new permission. What I did was get a copy off GoogleEarth of the farm and surrounding area so he could mark the fields out for me.(My pici isn't big enough  Shocked )   Grin Grin Grin Grin

Enough to keep me going till I drop.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 11:43:53 AM »

Me and Neil had a similar experience in one of my Monmouthshire farms. She was not a happy bunny screaming, tears the works... Funny thing is she had nothing to do with the field we was in either  Smiley

Oh and then there was the Horsey woman on the santa hats rally who's horse seemed to sweat a lot at the site of 100 Santas wandering fields 2 fields away Smiley
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 11:45:40 AM by Tafflaff (Rob) » Logged

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 12:41:30 PM »

I was just about to mention the Santas hats rally lol . If these people had their way
there'd probably be a cull on us Grin

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 02:48:42 PM »

so you mean you didnt get her phone number then  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
hotmill
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 03:46:24 PM »

You did the right thing by not reacting. You just get the odd person who is generally unstable who will use anything to vent their frustration at. Difficult staying cool when all you want to do is send them home with their teeth in a bag but well done to you for not doing so  Wink

XP Deus user
alun

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 04:37:48 PM »

Oh dear me !!!!
I have a Short fuse and red bull.
 Well done in not reacting there buddy, i always take l my 8 year old son along, and if that language was aimed our way I do think someone would have to remove my stock coil from a unmentionable orifice. Roll Eyes

Roman Artefacts: 6
Gold:         3
Medieval 15
Silver:34
Etrac
AT Pro
Whites
anthonyjay

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 04:47:49 PM »

I had a similar thing happen several years ago, so I apologised then went back a few days later with a bunch of flowers and a box of chocs. She taken aback and said it would be ok to go in the field anytime. I'm not sure what worked with her; the chocs; the flowers or the apology
IFINDNOTHING

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 05:01:24 PM »

Only approached once and that was on a beach, when I showed her all the syringe needles, fishing hooks, knives etc  I was "collecting" she calmed down. Then I pointed out that her dog was not allowed to sh17 on the beach at this time of year! Sometimes you have to keep your mouth shut and be diplomatic even if you are in the right.
As far as blocking you in, well I would have pointed out that you had left your medication at home and pushed straight on through if she hadn't have moved, the joys of a Land Rover Defender Smiley 4 low and off you go!

Quote "Don't ever give up hope, there's something out there, all you have to do is hold on and believe" Axl Rose-1988
Christoph1945
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2013, 06:27:02 PM »

I would have l oved to have seen her face when the police came down on your side!   Roll Eyes   Well done for keeping your cool.   Wink
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2013, 07:38:57 PM »

the little village where i live is where i was basically born and bred and my parents have been good friends with the 2 local farmers since before i was born so i have permission to detect on all farm land around my house  Wink
anyways i was happily out for an hour this morning in the sun having a little search when i got a signal , dug a hole and put my pin pointer in.... just as i was getting closer to the find a new blue audi convertable pulls up on the road next to the field.
so i look up and smile at whoever it is and some crazy blonde chick gets out of the car, runs over to the fence and starts screaming "oi what the fcuk do you think your doing! get out of that fcuking field right now! she then grabs a camera out of her car and tried to take a picture of me whilst ranting like a dog with rabies or something lol.
i was like who the fcuk is this?  i explained that i had permission off both farmers to go in any fields they own and she just carried on like a madwoman screaming " im phoning the police" lol
she then parked in front of my jeep and waited for the police.
i was a bit stunned to be honnest but carried on detecting till the fuzz turned up.
i told them what had happened and that i have permission to go anywhere on both farmers land and they let me go merrily on my way.
after speaking to the farmer it turns out she thinks shes princess perfect who only recently moved into the village into one of the posh cottages near to the farm that has nothing to do with her ?
what must she have said to the police on the phone ? hello someones metal detecting in a field thats not mine? lol
what a nosy, interfering , time wasting ,false titted , botox filled ,good for nothing hag of a woman.
rant over lol
to be honnest im thinking of getting a copyright letter printed out and bill for £1500 sent to her for the picture she tried to take of me  Grin
anyone else ever had anything like this happen whilst out detecting?

Wow what a bitch Shocked sounds like she was on heat,  don't suppose you thought of getting her phone number Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2013, 09:17:35 PM »

ha ha who's the fool now lol

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal