Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: disapointed with the welsh museum !!  (Read 11207 times)
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2013, 01:58:02 PM »

Finders keepers, jeepers creepers! Lol

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
jonty

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2013, 02:26:52 PM »

It occurred to me,  that the only person not aware of this thread is Mark Lodwick.
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2013, 10:33:24 PM »

Nobby your a poet Grin

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
stever

"Wise is he who collects the wisdom of others."

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2013, 10:17:55 AM »

going by the right channels seems a lot of hassle i could not be dealing people who do not do there jobs efficiently i dont blame people for not reporting there finds if this is the way they get treated

Finds Since Feb 2012
Gold Rinds x2
Gold  35g
Hammered-7
Silver coinage-53
the-BANGOR-citizan

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2013, 10:54:31 AM »

Great thread. For your information a collection of about 200 Flints from one field in Herefordshire were with the PAS for five years when I finally had them back before Xmas. They still have not made there way onto the database. I currently have a treasure case in the system three years and no official notification and they also have a few unidentified coins for the same period again no notification of receipt other than a note off the FLO. I took it in my hands to call the PAS and speak to the head person for my area who basically talked to me like a piece of dirt when I questioned him on the whole recording process. I had been phoning my FLO for the best part of five weeks and e-mails got no reply other than the automated reply we all get. The rudeness and antiquarian attitude of the representative in London certainly framed my attitude to PAS in that I now have 73 items in my possession that are legible for the scheme but until that guy apologises in public and it is in written form I will not record a thing. Personally my FLO Peter Revill is I think way overstretched in the area he covers. Does way to much community and school projects to justify the job and the whole system is way underfunded and in major, major need of a overhaul. Good luck with your recording.

Remember Farrar Road
Farmer Phil (always remembered)
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2013, 08:04:30 PM »

Have you not considered self recording, I think the Chef  is in a better position in which to explain the do's an dont's.

In my case I have made other arrangements and am considering self recording too  Grin
herbie

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2013, 10:19:55 AM »

To be honest the dealings I've had with my FLO have been pretty good, any items I've left with him for recording have been done within 3-4 months, and he's always been very helpful and informative. Have finally had a couple of my treasure cases completed, just over 2 years, which looking at what people have been saying is pretty good, few more still in the process, but things seem to be speeding up a bit now they're into the final stages.
Must say one FLO for the whole of wales is ridiculous!

Same sh*t different hole!!
Jeffc

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2013, 05:10:35 PM »

Have to agree with Pete. Finds handed over to mark at the club meetings are invariably returned at the next meeting with descriptions and reference number. What is going wrong is the transfer to the PAS database. Of all the stuff I have had properly recorded only 9 items show on the database with no pattern as to dates of record or even type of artefact. As to coins I have no idea what the system is . Ed Besley records and ID's everything but I have one coin out of hundreds on the DB. I have discussed this with Mark but I don't think he really knows what is happening either and hasn't the time to check it out!
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2013, 10:55:42 PM »

. As to coins I have no idea what the system is . Ed Besley records and ID's everything but I have one coin out of hundreds on the DB.

Yes, I usually identify and weigh all my coins before I hand them in. EB still writes up a packet often with a slighly different weight and a different RIC variant.....

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal