Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: disapointed with the welsh museum !!  (Read 11191 times)
Roman (Ray)
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

Whites DFX 300 + Lazer Hawkeye user !!

« on: May 22, 2013, 03:52:19 PM »

myself i handed in 3 silver denari.s id found on a farm in abergavenny area..january 2012..its almost june 2013..ive never even had a letter to say what will happen now they.ve been handed in and classed as treasure trove..17month later as i speak i still have.nt heard anything about them..as i just stated not even a letter..
i phoned mark lodwick up in january just gone..just to find out whats what as i was totally left in the dark..he looked it up on the computer and said.
right ive found the up-date on them.the welsh museum isnt interested in having them..also the abergavenny museum are not interested in them..no worries could i there for have them back please..yes you can mr coburn..he asked me for my e-mail address so he could get back to me within a week or two and tell me when i can go down and pick them up..ive never up to this day recieved the e-mail..AND PROBERBLY NEVER WILL !!

when i first took up metal detecting i was.nt a member of any clubs..over a period of time i found a few artefacts on the local mountain i think i took around 8 to 10 artefacts to the welsh museum and handed them in for I.D..( mark lodwick )
i went back to the museum around about a month later to recieve my artefacts and find out a little bit more about them.mark lodwick told me he could.nt find them at the moment..could i come back down some other time and he.ll find out where in the museum they are..no problem i told him..and left it for another month..back down to the museum i went thinking he must have found them by now.
yet again he said he could.nt find them..i guess ive lost my artefacts and have to take it on the chin..well disapointed with the welsh museum ive never seen these artefacts since the day i handed them in..AND PROBERBLY NEVER WILL !!

has anyone else had the same treatment..because the way im looking at things is...ive played the game with them..but they have.nt played the game with me !!

raymondoo

DOWN TO EARTH WITH ROMAN ( RAY )
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 04:10:52 PM »

Ray did you have a letter from the coroner or the British museum? Did you even get a Treasure Act Receipt ?
mrsmarky123
Rally attendee

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 04:14:48 PM »

HE never replys to emails , we gave in a roman coin and have been down there 3 times for him to tell us that the guy who id's coins ain't in , gonna try next week again !
Roman (Ray)
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 04:44:25 PM »

Ray did you have a letter from the coroner or the British museum? Did you even get a Treasure Act Receipt ?

was i suppose to..mark lodwick was at the r.a.r.e club..he said they would be classed as treasure trove as they were all found within 20ft of each other..there for they would be classed as a hoard..but as far as letters go ive recieved nothing geoff.

nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 04:54:29 PM »

And wheres my pink headphone lead !!!! Cheesy

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
Roman (Ray)
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 05:07:37 PM »

And wheres my pink headphone lead !!!! Cheesy

lol..did you hand them in as well bruv.. Grin  get onto them..lol.

Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 05:28:47 PM »

Hi ray I found a terret ring back in 2009 , I'm still waiting to see it again , I did get a drawing back as it was being studied by a graduate at the museum , I did get a email off mark to say its in storage until the Brecon museum opens back up , I did say it could go to the Brecon museum but will it ever get there Huh Hope it does just to see it behind a glass my family want to look at it and so do I. Roll Eyes we play the game fairly but do they !!!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 05:33:05 PM by Casa-Dos (kev) » Logged
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 05:36:23 PM »

Ray it's not up to Mark Lodwick to decide on anything. Whether he thinks one thing or another the coins should have gone through the proper channels which involves the British Museum, as Soon as the find is handed in, the FLO's next job is to inform the County Coroner who would send you a letter just saying that he has been informed, the BM also sends you a letter telling you that the find/s have been deposited with them for examination. After all of that the museums would be contacted and if no one was interested in obtaining them, then............you would have virtually the same communications from the coroner and from the BM/FLO telling you that they were being disclaimed.
Personally I don't think they've even gone through the system Undecided
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 05:44:34 PM »

I've heard far too many bad reports from the PAS in Wales and would advise people who are worried to get yourself registered as a "self recorder" that way you keep hold of the find and know it's been recorded.
If you have what you think is treasure and are declaring it then contact the County Coroner direct,  (they don't forget lol). Sad which is the correct route anyway.
Roman (Ray)
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 06:06:40 PM »

Ray it's not up to Mark Lodwick to decide on anything. Whether he thinks one thing or another the coins should have gone through the proper channels which involves the British Museum, as Soon as the find is handed in, the FLO's next job is to inform the County Coroner who would send you a letter just saying that he has been informed, the BM also sends you a letter telling you that the find/s have been deposited with them for examination. After all of that the museums would be contacted and if no one was interested in obtaining them, then............you would have virtually the same communications from the coroner and from the BM/FLO telling you that they were being disclaimed.
Personally I don't think they've even gone through the system Undecided

i just give them to the local flo which is mr mark lodwick..wether he sent them to the brittish museum i dont know and proberbly never will..i just done wot i was told when i first took up detecting..if you find something you think is treasure trove report it to your nearest flo..if you.d like to find out more about your finds..take them to the nearest flo.
and thats exactly what i done.
and if i have.nt recieved a letter of the brittish museum in 17month..then maybe mark lodwick did.nt send them to the brittish museum..from what i can gather either the welsh museum are not playing the game..or the brittish museum..at the end of the day i done what was expected.i handed them in..

Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 06:13:31 PM »

Oh you did your half of the bargain and don't get confused between the Museum and PAS, Mark Lodwick works for PAS not the museum Wink
The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 07:38:26 PM »

Sounds very disappointing Ray

I have had 6 finds go through the Treasure Act process, with Mark Lodwick having some involvement in each of them. Two were eventually disclaimed and returned, and four were kept by the museum.

Although the process can be very slow, I have always found Mark to be professional and thorough in the way he deals with cases. He has kept me informed and also the BM in London have always written to me at each stage of the procedure once they are involved. When items have gone to the coroner, I have also always had letters informing me of what is happening.

In addition to the Treasure items, Mark has also taken in numerous finds of mine for recording, and these have usually been returned with reports in the following month.

Just wanted to provide a balance to the reports above
Roman (Ray)
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2013, 07:53:24 PM »

Sounds very disappointing Ray

I have had 6 finds go through the Treasure Act process, with Mark Lodwick having some involvement in each of them. Two were eventually disclaimed and returned, and four were kept by the museum.

Although the process can be very slow, I have always found Mark to be professional and thorough in the way he deals with cases. He has kept me informed and also the BM in London have always written to me at each stage of the procedure once they are involved. When items have gone to the coroner, I have also always had letters informing me of what is happening.

In addition to the Treasure items, Mark has also taken in numerous finds of mine for recording, and these have usually been returned with reports in the following month.

Just wanted to provide a balance to the reports above

thats great news for yourself pete everything went smooth mate and no problems im happy for you..as you can see by reading my thread.. things have.nt gone as smooth for myself..

outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 08:10:41 PM »

I have handed items into brecon museum who in turn should send them down to Mark Lodwick for recording under the pas. Sometimes i have had to wait 6 - 10 months before I see them again.

Recently I handed in  approx 8 bags of artefacts (singular items) silver coins, and artefacts and one coin a farmer gave me for id only. I told him approx 1 - 2 months and he would have it back. 4 months later, I find that the items are still sitting in the Brecon musuem safe. Needless to say I have asked for them back and have since collected them to make alternative arrangements for recording.

Over the years I have sent down to mark via Brecon musuem countless artefacts and coins, i recently logged onto the pas data base and was dismayed to find sight of only 5 items. I have been supposedly recording under pas since 2004. I notice that despite numerous telephone calls to Mark and emails, to date i have had no response as to why I cannot see all the numerous finds that Mark Lodwick has had and written reports on ??

It has left me pretty annoyed, I think the suggestion of self recording is an appropriate answer. I hasten to add Mark Lodwick is really pleasant guy who does have his hands tied on the vast amount of artefacts that is sent to him every month and  is restricted by the funding crisis. Most of us do act as responsible detectorists and as such should be able to have sight on the pas data base of our finds, when you cannot, it raises a lot of daunting question marks !  Huh Huh
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2013, 08:22:54 PM »

i have to agree with the doc on this one , i routinely record items via mark lodwick at the monthly cardiff scan club meetings , i have never waited more than a month for thier return with a full report and pics etc , so i personally cant fault him , however , i have as yet not found a treasure item so cannot comment on that , i will comment when/if i ever find such an item , i live in hope lol

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal