Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Not so ULTIMATE COIL  (Read 11073 times)
stever

"Wise is he who collects the wisdom of others."

« on: May 16, 2013, 06:40:02 PM »

Just thought i would post my thoughts on the ultimate coil on my garrett euroace it seems this has been a little over hyped i have not noticed extra depth at all over the stock coil i have tested it in the field on several occasions  and although its not a bad coil i dont think i would of bought one if id have had a chance of testing it first.im going to keep it on for a little longer in case the fields  were over minerlised Undecided but my advise to people thinking it will make a massive difference save your pennys people and dont believe the hype  Smiley

Finds Since Feb 2012
Gold Rinds x2
Gold  35g
Hammered-7
Silver coinage-53
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 06:48:42 PM »

well iv had 1 on my explorer for over 12 months now and it is superb , i had a sef 12/10 before it and the ultimate IS MUCH BETTER , more stable over minerals , deeper and ultra sensitive to tiny things oh and its lighter .

40+ romans , 2 gold rings , gold sovereign , 12 hammered etc etc in 2012 , im happy  Wink Wink Wink

« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 06:58:33 PM by Mike » Logged

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 07:42:06 PM »

on the etrac the 13'' ultimate is awsome ask troutmasterfunk if you dont take my word for it Smiley.i have had some nice rings with it too

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 07:43:19 PM »

Thankfully many who have had them for their garrets have noticed a difference.
When you say you haven't noticed a depth advantage, how do you know their is something deeper to be found? There are so many factors that can effect coil performance, mineralisation, iron contamination, swing speed and sensitivity all play their part.
I'm not sure if you read my thread on why larger sized coils can't detect certain items at any depth than a 6" coil
http://www.detectingwales.com/index.php?topic=17543.0
Keep at it Steve it will pay off Wink
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 07:50:37 PM »

I agree with you there Steve, I bought one not new second hand for my tejon I tried it a few times on my usual land what im familiar with and it did not perform as well as my Tesoro 10 by 12 wide scan it was not as stable and really struggled on small lead even pistol balls near the surface I was a little shocked really as I knew my other coil would of picked them up alot better.

I did ask a question about the ultimate coil compared to my 10 by 12  and got a reply,  its a no brainer the ultimate coil is better, after trying it I felt like a no brainer buying it Cry

Mike I think your finds is a little to do with your machine also, I sure your standard coil would of found what you found may be more Roll Eyes
but each to their own

butter tub of romans, hammereds, silvers, ect ect  Wink Wink Wink  
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 08:01:18 PM »

As you say Dale machines can play a part also. The benefits shown by using the Ultimate on one machine may not be equal to those obtained on another make/model, strangely however the Ace is the machine that gains the most advantage, in air at least.
Mike uses the same machine as myself and I can assure you that the standard coil doesn't even come close to being as sensitive or as good at the "dodgy" signals as the Ultimate.
Mungo

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 08:09:22 PM »

works well on the explorer 11.............. Cool
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 08:12:39 PM »

had a day out with neil a while ago on a field i new would produce roman coins as i had a few there previously , neil was using an explorer 11 or se with a 12/10 sef coil , me with my xs and ultimate , had a deep grunt of a signal and called to neil that this is a roman here , he came over tried his machine over it and had great trouble locating the signal were as i had it clear as a bell , he said if i didnt know it was there i would have missed it , anyway up came a nice constantine bronze .

on the day i had 7 neil 4 plus lots of other bits and bobs to add to our butter tubs  Wink Wink

Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 08:22:39 PM »

My butter tub is is already over filled so id sling your bits and bobs Wink Wink Joke

Joking aside I would not put my standard 9 by 8 coil back on my machine as the large DD coils are great but the ultimate coil was not for my machine
stever

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 08:36:40 PM »

This is not supposed to be an ULTIMATE war just an opinion  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Finds Since Feb 2012
Gold Rinds x2
Gold  35g
Hammered-7
Silver coinage-53
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 08:39:31 PM »

..................it really does do what it says on the tin  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

* IMG_1757.JPG (149.25 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 1259 times.)

Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 08:43:03 PM »

Butter tub mike not tin Cheesy
stever

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2013, 08:47:14 PM »

it does mike if your coins happen to be sat on the coil  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Finds Since Feb 2012
Gold Rinds x2
Gold  35g
Hammered-7
Silver coinage-53
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2013, 10:50:52 PM »

I have the 13" ultimate coil on my Teknetics Omega 8000 detector.

I haven't used it a great deal, but what I can say is that it is more sensitive than the standard DD coil. I know this as I have to turn down sensitivity when I use the Ultimate coil compared to the settings I use on the DD.

It gives bigger coverage and is so light.

If you have been using a certain coil for a while it can take a while to get used to using another size and type.

But, at the end if the day, form your own opinion and if you aren't convinced it is better....flog it!

Da Monkey
Superhero Member

secret CTX LuVVeeerrrrrr

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2013, 08:19:43 AM »

Must say I have been impressed with what I have seen and the weight of the ultimate when I've played with them on rallies, Geoff would know better on this point, but I think the ace is 7.2kHz and the euroace 8.25kHz so maybe an ace 250 coil will be slightly out of tune on a higher frequency euroace. One company I have seen is selling one for each model.

BOOOOMMMM  BABBBBEEHHHHH!!! I've found even more old tat !!!     Grin Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal