Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: straight forward answer  (Read 4676 times)
Bling (mark)

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2013, 08:37:32 PM »

Hi mate it's deffo  as said got to walk over it to find it used a few good machines now still no hammered. Local man who bought my last machine found a long cross hammered using ace 250.

Soveriegn xs2 pro / goldmaxx power v4 /makro racer
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2013, 09:39:54 PM »

I think Da Monkey hit the nail on the head - I bought myself a minelab (bad timing of having a few quid to spend when I was looking for a detector) - and found very little for several years.

I bought my 7 year-old boy a 150 - and he started finding coins in my front garden (my missus even found a few by eye) - that the minelab didn't see because a) it was too sensitive b) I didn't know my machine.

Ok I've also used a T2 on the garden, but I've now pulled out 30+ coins from the garden (and my house is from 1949!).

So, for simplicity of use - and that it does find stuff it's a good starter machine.

I've been quite fortunate over the last year or so - but that's partly land, and the hours put in - as well as learning from others with more experience than I have! Don't give up - I almost did several times, but I'm really glad that I didn't Smiley
Little_bro
NWDD Member

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2013, 10:56:32 PM »

Ive not long been detecting and I have  a minelab explorer. I also have a mate who's started detecting the same time as me. He has a garrett 250. We both so far have found the same sort of stuff.

Heus, modo itera omnia quae mihi nunc nuper narravisti, sed nunc Anglice

NWDD & NCMD
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2013, 11:47:58 PM »

Ive not long been detecting and I have  a minelab explorer. I also have a mate who's started detecting the same time as me. He has a garrett 250. We both so far have found the same sort of stuff.

after using the T2 for a year, I went back to using the Minelab (I wanted to see if it was any good before I sold it). Since then, all I can say is that it has certainly repaid my use of it - for me it was more that I didn't really understand how to detect and also how to set my machine up - rather than it wasn't a good machine...
foody
Rally attendee

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2013, 11:49:02 PM »

hi.
me and my boy got ace 250's. been detecting for a year. found nothing but cans etc on our first half dozen trips.we then went to a park by his school and pulled up a viccy penny as well as loads of modern coins.i was lucky then in getting permission on a farm that was a ww2 camp so get so many signals i am forced to ignore some. as for cans sounding like coins its because the 150 has limited discrimination markers. 303 casings sound like coins and i now have almost three ctesco bags full.
its a good machine. what i generally do is dig everything that isn't iron. you dig a lot of rubbish but thats the hobby.generally a good signal will sound strong in both directions. also another indicator is how big an area does the signal cover? a coin will be a small area. a can will be big.also cans tend to ding repeatadly and quickly.
i'm happy to show you what i've learn't on the 250 if your willing to travel to where im based.oh, beaches will always be full of rubbish. to learn we found parks were quite good.
swing the coil as low to the graound as you can get and go slow.

why do bad things happen straight away whilst good things come to those who wait?
Johnboy25

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2013, 12:51:58 PM »

I have been out for 4 to 5 hours not found a thing but come home a happy man and think to my self  may be next time. But glad to be part of this great hobby.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal