Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Barnstaple mint  (Read 7235 times)
jamiepearce

« on: April 21, 2013, 10:54:20 AM »

Hi guys
I've been detecting for a couple years and have found a total of three hammered in this time.when I first started detecting I did not think that I would end up being so interested in coins and especially hammered.
I'm now at a stage where I'm seriously thinking of starting a collection and I would like to start collecting hammered coins that were minted in barnsaple (bearda or bard )mint
Do any of you guys have any for sale or do you know of any for sale
Many thanks
Jamie
The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 04:01:01 PM »

Well good luck with that Jamie.

Barnstaple coins are very scarce and very expensive. You're probably looking at at least £500-600 per coin, if you can even find any for sale.
Metalmickey

Fisher F75 User.Some Men are Wise, Some Otherwise!

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 08:39:02 PM »

Yeah Jamie, i`d start with London m8  Roll Eyes

If you want to understand today, you have to search for yesterday !!
jamiepearce

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 06:00:12 PM »

Well good luck with that Jamie.

Barnstaple coins are very scarce and very expensive. You're probably looking at at least £500-600 per coin, if you can even find any for sale.
Thanks guys
Born in Barnstaple and love a challenge  Wink
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 01:55:32 PM »

Hi Jamie, How are you getting on with your Barnstaple mint hammered collection?
Do you collect any other hammereds, just to get a collection going
jamiepearce

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 09:07:13 AM »

Hi Dale
So far I've managed to purchase a Glendining & co catalogue from 1975 which included the sale of the R.p.v.Brettell collection of Barnstaple coins with some good photos.
I've been detecting for two years or so and have found a Henry,lizzie and a John.
When I bought my detector I didn't imagine the main focus would be coinage.
I always thought stamp,coin collecting etc was a bit nerdy,however I would now love to own a coin from the Barnstaple mint and I'm aware that they are rare and if I was to find one for sale with a dealer I will be paying good money.
A coin collector advised me to focus on a certain type of coin and as I'm  born and bred Barnstaple and don't mind a challenge I thought it would be a good place to start.
Any way still hunting for my first Barnstaple mint coin!
Do you have any collection hunting tips without paying the big bucks?
Do you collect coins?
Regards
Jamie
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 10:06:26 AM »

Hi Jamie,

You are doing the same as me collecting the town you were born in, how I look at it is you spend the money for a coin but then you have the coin that can always be re sold, so you can get your money back so its like savings really.
Its funny you have just posted now, as I have just made a deal this morning on a Bristol Edward the confessor saxon penny, as Bristol is what I collect. You don't see Bristol mint saxon often but these coins will pop up now and then. I will post a pic when I receive it hopefully Tuesday.
Try to get the best possible coin  example you can and when a better example comes along sell the old coin and in with the new, a collection will build up very fast.
Buy and sell other coins to make profit to fund your own collection, always knock the dealers down there is give in all there prices.
Iv added some coins from my collection what I trade with Bristol coins I want, 4 of the coins is detecting finds.
A good site what I have seen many Barnstaple coins on is (AMR coins) but they are expensive
Good luck
Regards Dale

P.s when I started collecting Bristol mint all I was looking at and could afford was Edward I pennys  and wishing for the saxon and norman coinage  but you will move on to them when you start to trade....... Keep at it Jamie

* Image1detecting finds.jpg (397.29 KB, 2029x1408 - viewed 1752 times.)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal