Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Damaged cs4pi in the post  (Read 3609 times)
looking4gold
Rally attendee

« on: March 22, 2013, 04:37:47 PM »

Hello again everyone,

I just got a 2nd hand cs4pi from flea bay which I bought for £195 + £9.99 postage. When I unpacked it I noticed that there is insulation tape around the cable in the area where it attaches to the coil which was not mentioned in the description, or I would not have bought the detector for anywhere near that price. Seeing as the coil/cable is supposed to be waterproof, and I plan to use it close to the water on the beach, I'm worried that if salt-water gets into the coil, I may be faced with an expensive repair.

I am thinking of asking either for a partial refund of around £100 in case water gets in and the coil needs to be replaced/repaired, or sending it back for a full refund, but I'm not sure.

What would you recommend?

The detector seems to work ok otherwise, but I'm not experienced enough to tell for sure.
eddythefly

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 05:08:30 PM »

contact seller if your not happy with the responce inform ebay.
the coil needs to be waterproof any way IE wet grass.
galoshers

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 05:27:42 PM »

send it back for a full refund .IMO
Metalmickey

Fisher F75 User.Some Men are Wise, Some Otherwise!

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 05:58:30 PM »

Open a Dispute ! Item not as described !! Speak to seller, if no partial refund, return item recorded delivery !!! Ebay will refund you !!!! ... job done.  Wink

If you want to understand today, you have to search for yesterday !!
Whiteduke

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 06:44:45 PM »

I`d push for a full refund,without doubt.
looking4gold
Rally attendee

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 06:54:09 PM »

Thanks for the replies/advice everyone.

It seems the majority of you would go for the full refund, so that is what I'll do. Hopefully we will be able to settle this without me having to open a dispute. Edit - it seems a dispute is automatically opened when a refund is requested.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 07:07:26 PM by looking4gold » Logged
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 07:42:14 PM »

Hello again everyone,

I just got a 2nd hand cs4pi from flea bay which I bought for £195 + £9.99 postage. When I unpacked it I noticed that there is insulation tape around the cable in the area where it attaches to the coil which was not mentioned in the description, or I would not have bought the detector for anywhere near that price. Seeing as the coil/cable is supposed to be waterproof, and I plan to use it close to the water on the beach, I'm worried that if salt-water gets into the coil, I may be faced with an expensive repair.

I am thinking of asking either for a partial refund of around £100 in case water gets in and the coil needs to be replaced/repaired, or sending it back for a full refund, but I'm not sure.

What would you recommend?

The detector seems to work ok otherwise, but I'm not experienced enough to tell for sure.
Send it back, and leave bad feedback!!!!
looking4gold
Rally attendee

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 01:13:06 AM »

I don't like having to leave negative feedback if I can avoid it, but in this case it's thrown enough of a wrench in my plans that I'm seriously considering doing so.

At least the seller has agreed to a full refund, but even so I'm not being compensated for time wasted dealing with this, petrol to drive to the post office, and only having one detector between two people during the tip we have been planning to the beach in the next few days!
looking4gold
Rally attendee

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 04:50:00 PM »

A little update:

The seller replied to me saying "the tape is simply to stop water ingress as a precaution. so it is as described.but i will accept the return.", and also asked me to check for myself.

Well, I have been asking myself why is there tape there in the first place if there is no problem? The coil and where the cable connects to it should be waterproof without having to use tape!

So I removed the tape carefully to have a look what was going on, and there is a a significant chunk of the flexible skirt (that is there to minimize stress on the cable if it's pulled) which is missing, although the cable itself does not appear to be damaged.

As I see it, there is no guarantee that the coil/cable is waterproof, although it could well be. I'd very much like to take the word of the seller that it is waterproof, and keep the detector so I can go out with it in the next few days, but at the same time it's a worry that it might not be, and I might end up out of pocket.

I'm still thinking that returning it would be the sensible option, but it's not an easy decision under the circumstances!

Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2013, 04:58:56 PM »

you will never be happy with this machine so send it back , plenty more machines out there mate , not worth damaging it if it is leaking .

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
looking4gold
Rally attendee

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2013, 05:39:27 PM »

I think you are probably right Mike. I'll let the seller know that I'm sending it back.

Thanks to everyone for the advice!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal