Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Help and hello to you all  (Read 10351 times)
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 11:48:36 AM »

Isn't there anyone in the NWDD who lives somewhere around there ??  If Danny could get thumbs up from one of his Farmer friends he could take a volunteer with him for a demo.

Just a thought  Wink Wink Grin Grin

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
monkeymad

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2013, 12:24:15 PM »

To be honest I am kinda hoping to ask if anyone wants to come with me when I get a detector to show me the ropes.  It should work well as you will get the chance to try some new grounds?

Dan.

Marcus Porcius Purpurio

2013 finds:-
Hammered x6
centenary medal x1
Fob seal matrix x1
Tons of other bits now.
alun

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2013, 03:57:51 PM »

Come on NWMD someone help him out here, he has already been told to go away on the sea front.
If you were down south buddy not a problem, your welcome on the permissions I have.

Hope you get some luck.

Roman Artefacts: 6
Gold:         3
Medieval 15
Silver:34
Etrac
AT Pro
Whites
monkeymad

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2013, 05:50:00 PM »

Come on NWMD someone help him out here, he has already been told to go away on the sea front.
If you were down south buddy not a problem, your welcome on the permissions I have.

Hope you get some luck.

Cheers buddy, the offer is there if your up this way to come along on any of mine.

Marcus Porcius Purpurio

Hammered x6
centenary medal x1
Fob seal matrix x1
Tons of other bits now.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2013, 11:29:23 PM »

I just remembered that when Hubby and I were looking around for property we went to look at a place up your way (roughly) and we were quite keen. Unfortunately we got lost and ended up at the end of a Farmers track-way. He came down to see what we were about and I told him where we were looking for and that's when we deceided we didn't want to live up there if they were all like him.
From what you said about the Guy on the Prom and the lack of response from the NWDD members I think we made a sensible decision.
I would have thought someone up that end would have been only too happy to spare you a couple of hours and detect on some new land at the same time.
Anyway best of luck to you and baycityroller in you choice of detector and new venture. It will be like the blind leading the blind. Could be good fun.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
baycityroller
Rally attendee

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2013, 03:03:34 PM »

It will be like the blind leading the blind.

I don't think you're wrong there Val!!
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2013, 05:09:05 PM »

Danny look out for a N. W. D. D meeting it will probably be in a couple of weeks. Come along and have a chat , I'm sure you will be welcome.  Do I sense a North South divide with some of you?
hotmill
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2013, 05:27:51 PM »

Danny look out for a N. W. D. D meeting it will probably be in a couple of weeks. Come along and have a chat , I'm sure you will be welcome.  Do I sense a North South divide with some of you?

He posted his enquiry a day and a half ago and we're getting a hard time from some people because we have'nt responded yet?  Priceless!

However I'm not going to bite.

As Dungbeetle has said Keep an eye on the NWDD forum for info about a meeting and you are more than welcome to come along. Alternatively you can pm me for some info if you like.

XP Deus user
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2013, 06:44:34 PM »

He posted his enquiry a day and a half ago and we're getting a hard time from some people because we have'nt responded yet?  Priceless!

As Dungbeetle has said Keep an eye on the NWDD forum for info about a meeting and you are more than welcome to come along. Alternatively you can pm me for some info if you like.

Agree with Hotmill here guys, I've chatted a lot with the North Wales guys and they are a very friendly and appreciative bunch. Give them a chance to respond. Some people do have lives outside Detecting Wales you know  Smiley

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
hotmill
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2013, 06:50:59 PM »

Agree with Hotmill here guys, I've chatted a lot with the North Wales guys and they are a very friendly and appreciative bunch. Give them a chance to respond. Some people do have lives outside Detecting Wales you know  Smiley

Thanks Taff

XP Deus user
monkeymad

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2013, 08:26:58 PM »

Thank you guys n gals.  Fortunately the welsh are a good ol bunch of people, just like the bunch I left from where I'm from in Devon.  Unfortunately just like everywhere on this wee little globe we call home, earth, there are the odd idiot that tarnish the rest of us nice people, I.e. the guy on the beach.  And to be honest, judging by the way EVERYONE on here has treat me, he really is just a one off idiot, know it all. 

Do they not realise everyone has to learn somewhere.

Thank you all again.

Marcus Porcius Purpurio

Hammered x6
centenary medal x1
Fob seal matrix x1
Tons of other bits now.
cardiffian

Minelab Explorer, Deus

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2013, 09:02:30 PM »

I am from South Wales and once dated someone from Anglesey (Ynys Mon), North Wales. I visited there on several occasions and was always treated with great hospitality. It never mattered at all that I was from the South.

Hammered                 5         
Roman bronze          10
William 111 shilling
Disc brooches             2
Med. silver annular brooch
Drivertess

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2013, 09:15:33 PM »

Danny here from old colwyn in north wales.

I had an accident a few years ago and subsequently lost my job, well now I'm doing OU physics and chemistry.  My shoulder is now getting back to normal almost but my physio suggested a new hobby so thought about metal detecting.

I have saved myself a little budget of £400-£600 for a detector.  Any advice on a good one please? I have read around at different sites and reviews but everyone seems to have such different ideas.  I was looking at a Fischer goldbug dp but not sure now as some say its rubbish but others rave about it.

I ask on here as its real people to chat to and not just reviews.

Also anyone from around here?

Cheers,

Danny.

Hi Danny, I am new to the hobby and I found a Pinpointer as well as a detector an essetial item, I got a Garrett Ace 250 and a Garrett Pro Pinpointer both excellent beginner machines, if you are budgeting I would keep £90 to one side for a pinpointer as they save you hell of a lot of time.
Little_bro
NWDD Member

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2013, 09:18:47 PM »

You will need to get liability  insurance from NCMD   http://www.ncmd.co.uk/liability%20insurance.htm and a crowns fore shore permit http://www.thecrownestate.co.uk/coastal/metal-detecting/.  Wink . The NCMD IS ABOUT £8.00 a year. You will need there membership to go on detecting rallies plus it includes liability insurance. The crowns foreshore permit is free and allows you to detect on beaches owned by the crown estate.

If you  get Ncmd membership and can get some land to detect on I will be more then happy to come down at let you try my detector and you can keep what you find lol.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 09:33:21 PM by Little_bro » Logged

Heus, modo itera omnia quae mihi nunc nuper narravisti, sed nunc Anglice

NWDD & NCMD
hotmill
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2013, 09:44:02 PM »

You will need to get liability  insurance from NCMD   http://www.ncmd.co.uk/liability%20insurance.htm and a crowns fore shore permit http://www.thecrownestate.co.uk/coastal/metal-detecting/.  Wink . The NCMD IS ABOUT £8.00 a year. You will need there membership to go on detecting rallies plus it includes liability insurance. The crowns foreshore permit is free and allows you to detect on beaches owned by the crown estate.

If you  get Ncmd membership and can get some land to detect on I will be more then happy to come down at let you try my detector and you can keep what you find lol.

Thanks Little_bro. Hope you had a good day today

XP Deus user

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal