Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: dissapointment then joy lol  (Read 8524 times)
douglas1
Rally attendee

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2013, 05:39:55 PM »

Yes Alun , im not keen on large dogs either,especially ,as like last week, when i had a bloody great doberman come running at me on the beach,thankfully he wanted to play ,but to be honest i thought the end had come Grin......but as regarding beaches,if for instance the last holiday maker on a particular beach  left in say mid september,and left behind coins or whatever in the sand,would those items still be at a recoverable depth in say late march?........and do detectors go beach combing in holiday season while holiday makers are sitting there sunbathing?Or is it a case of wait till the last ones buggered off  then make a mad dash to cash in while theres still daylight left?
                                   Its got worse since our last talk ::)but im getting rather philosophical about it now,and your advice in private,plus another member whos given me a few important pointers regarding the farm ive got permission for have helped me look at things in a different light....tks to you both....However ,now with that help, I cant get permission from the particular area close by  which i want to search. The farmer said there was no chance ,as he had let two other guys search and apparently they left lemonade bottles,milk cartons, and several tesco bags and big clods of loose earth on his patch, plus let half his sheep out the gate,all on a sunday last year when he wasnt around........his actual words were "f*** metal detectors and all who sail in them"   such is life.
alun

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2013, 07:10:03 PM »

No probs on the advice, and bugger on the other detectors!!!!
Unfortunately it happens That,s where we have to be respective on other peoples land. At the end of the day its not a holiday camp, but someone place where they work hard to earn a living.
Try doing local research on say Georgian in your area, where you might find that there are many areas available to you. Good article in last months Searcher on just such a subject. Research and respect good advice to remember.

Roman Artefacts: 6
Gold:         3
Medieval 15
Silver:34
Etrac
AT Pro
Whites
oldswinger
Rally attendee

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2013, 07:50:43 PM »

I have lurked as a guest here for quite a while and would have remained so but for one thing; the lack of criticism of one member’s behaviour recently (yes you, dances with badgers) and the lack of support for the ‘injured party’, musket ball.

Removing your comments dances with badgers does not undo your unforgivable and despicable actions on the beach that day.  To write about the incident in the manner in which you did really showed us what sort of person you are, egotistical, greedy, and selfish and a bully.

Those that have supported you and congratulated you on the supposed finds that day really need a wake up call for condoning your behaviour.  My goodness, what has this hobby come to when not only do you behave like this, but your fans actually applaud your bad behaviour; “Makes it that little bit more special when you BLAGG a gold from chancers well done Mike”.

This will probably be my one and only post as I have said my bit and will not lower myself to a slanging ping pong match on a forum.

Jassy, you certainly have bigger b*lls than several who have contributed to this thread.  Well done you and shame on some of the other members for not contributing some suitable criticism of the behaviour of this self styled king of the beaches.

I trust badgers that you will perhaps in future, think twice before you submit online your thoughts and feelings and sincerely hope there are no further references and endorsements to drug taking as I have seen in another post of yours.  It is inappropriate on a family orientated site.

Oh, and look up the definition of chancer, it's you to a 'T' dances with badgers.
"Slang an unscrupulous or dishonest opportunist who is prepared to try any dubious scheme for making money or furthering his own ends"

Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2013, 07:59:55 PM »

Speaking for myself , the only congratulations I can see are for Badgers finds
not the way in which he said he found them. which I understood it as being a bit of
toungue in cheek banter and not to be taken offensively.

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
musket ball

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2013, 08:09:39 PM »

to let everyone know ,badger has appologised to me for posting that thread.seems like its getting out of hand on here now.

boooooooom baby lets put a coil to the soil
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2013, 08:11:27 PM »

well said Musket ball  Grin

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2013, 08:18:27 PM »

And as Musket ball was the 'victim' here and Badgers has apologised I see no point in prolonging this thread any further.  Wink

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal