Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to rent a detector in North Wales?  (Read 5263 times)
Badger
Rally attendee

« on: February 16, 2013, 06:22:14 PM »

Hi folks!

My wife and I are coming from Wisconsin to visit Wales in July (genealogy research - Morgan and Jones families in Pennal/Penegoes area).  I would like to do some metal-detecting while visiting Wales but not sure where I would go to rent a machine (MineLab or Whites preferred) near Machynlleth or Aberystwyth?  I don't want to carry my detector aboard the plane if I can avoid it.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated!  Also, if anyone has any suggestions where I might "hunt" in the area, please let me know.  I will have to review the laws/regulations prior to my visit.  I really wish more USA states had regulations like you do.

Thanks!

"Badger" = digger from Wisconsin
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 06:31:57 PM »

Welcome Badger to the site ..... strangely, i'm going to be in Minneapolis and Milwaukee in July ... can u recommend any places to detect?

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
hotmill
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 07:10:28 PM »

Hi folks!

My wife and I are coming from Wisconsin to visit Wales in July (genealogy research - Morgan and Jones families in Pennal/Penegoes area).  I would like to do some metal-detecting while visiting Wales but not sure where I would go to rent a machine (MineLab or Whites preferred) near Machynlleth or Aberystwyth?  I don't want to carry my detector aboard the plane if I can avoid it.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated!  Also, if anyone has any suggestions where I might "hunt" in the area, please let me know.  I will have to review the laws/regulations prior to my visit.  I really wish more USA states had regulations like you do.

Thanks!

"Badger" = digger from Wisconsin

Hello Badger, think you'll find it hard to find a place to rent a detector. If you're set on detecting here you may have to bring yours with you. Unless someone local to where you are going is willing to let you on a permission of theirs you will be limited to the beaches in the area (a search on google earth will help) You technically need a permit from the Crown Estate to detect on the beaches (they're free and you can print it off straight away) if you visit the Crown Estate website you can find out if the beaches where you are going are owned by them and you can apply and print off your permit.

Good luck
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 07:14:00 PM by Chef Geoff » Logged

XP Deus user
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 07:26:43 PM »

hello badger,if you have no luck with bringing your detector you can borrow one of my minelabs .i have got a sovereign elite and an etrac.just let me know when and where you are staying and i will drop one off and pick it up later.will require about  £20 for fuel though as i live a fair way from aberystwyth/machynlleth o.k mate.
 mike
 p.s if you want a dance i'm your man lol
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 08:30:54 PM by dances with badgers » Logged

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal