Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice on Pasture land  (Read 18587 times)
IFINDNOTHING

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2013, 08:04:51 PM »

XLT are real good machines, I had one for over 10 years and it never let me down, I still have it as a spare.
There is one thing Alun has mentioned and that's the all metal mode, there is a little trick to use with this that no one uses that I know of, this will also work on dfx. I now use a v3i and there is a setting on it called stereo mixed mode which allows you to hear all metal in one ear and discriminate in the other. On the XLT/dfx you can copy one program to a new user number, then copy the same program next to it, adjust one for all metal with hot settings and the one next with only + values on discrim with stable settings, run in all metal till you find something and then use arrow key to switch program to see if you want to dig! Whites owners, try it and let me know what you think! Smiley
And back to the original question about pasture, I can't remember my program settings but I will dig the old machine out on the weekend and let you know, what I do remember is you can push the machine much harder on pasture than ploughed or especially beach.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 08:09:18 PM by IFINDNOTHING » Logged

Quote "Don't ever give up hope, there's something out there, all you have to do is hold on and believe" Axl Rose-1988
alun

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 08:11:15 PM »

That would be great IFINDNOTHING, sounds just the sort of thing.

Roman Artefacts: 6
Gold:         3
Medieval 15
Silver:34
Etrac
AT Pro
Whites
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 11:56:06 PM »

Yes thanks, IFINDNOTHING. I need as much help as I can get  Grin

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 10:03:44 AM »

if its never been ploughed the soil will be compacted ,ploughing makes a big difference .use a PI or all metal mode??

I've been trying that recenlty - the land I detect on is mostly pasture, and it's correct everything is compacted, but personally I prefer pasture to ploughed (unless it has been ploughed and it has had chance to settle well first).

I have found more nails with a PI machine than with either my Ex II or a T2, but then I also found some roman with the Minelab that I didn't find with the PI....maybe I'm just not used to the PI yet.
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 11:45:32 PM »

p.i machines take a lot of getting used to Wink

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
alun

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2013, 09:31:14 PM »

Think I upset Mr the vexatious blogger with incredibly itchy underpants,,, Well, i even replied in a well mannered and educated response to his displeasure. Strangely enough it never appeared, mysterious that.

Just to set the record straight anyways, the pasture in question will soon be developed into yet another wind farm, which incidently overlooks the house in which I was born and brought up in. It also holds great memories of when we used to round the sheep up on horseback during shearing time for local farmers, and there is also the fact that My fathers ashes have also been scattered over this pasture land, so you could actually say that this is truly the "land of my fathers".
This weekend will see our first full search of the area, which i am sure will prove that Prince Hywel surely loved this area, especially when he and his beloved horse were not slain in battle just to be bulldozed into oblivion.

Rest assured Mr the vexatious blogger with incredibly itchy underpants the search will go on, in a professional manner and if i am fortunate enough to unearth anything of interest then our friends in PAS will have the benefit of yet again valuable artefacts found by metal detectors.
I did read your comment through your blog, of which brought the scenario of Ostrich and sand sprang to mind. Or in the more suitable Roman reference in this case Cranium and Anus both of which requires one to be observant by looking around and realising that metal detectors are willing to help but if you keep the upper part of your body hidden in the sand, the lower part may possibly end up as a new resting place for the new Garrett pro pointer.

Roman Artefacts: 6
Gold:         3
Medieval 15
Silver:34
Etrac
AT Pro
Whites
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2013, 11:15:07 PM »

well said Alun, i'd patent that idea for the pro pointer holder
if I were you, before somebody else uses it  Grin Grin

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal