Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: GETTING PERMISSION TO DETE£CT  (Read 5580 times)
carling

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2013, 01:26:56 PM »

ive tected on farms before where the farmer has said ive got some more land that i rent ,,let me have a word with the farmer before i can tell you if you can go on there or not {actually had a few like that come to think of it}and to be honest its the best way ,, the farmer that rents his land out may be very anti tectin and it may lead to you losing your original permission,,,,,,,,as for this getting permission business its all the same as mike points out some farmers will say yay and some will say nay regardless of what you look like or what you take,,,,but remember be polite,entering into contracts and paying to detect is not a good idea,and when youve got the land your after treat it as you would your own with respect.
Whiteduke

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2013, 03:39:28 PM »

"paying to detect is not a good idea"

It`s not ideal,but it sure beats sitting at home
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2013, 03:43:28 PM »

i have had permission for land but cant stop goin to the beach lol.easier to dig lol

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
mucker

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2013, 05:43:47 PM »

Badger you could be right with that one
I visited the beach yesterday with a friend that was visiting owing to the fields being a bit wet at the moment
We had a good two hours on a local beach
I was happy with the results
My friend first time detecting found a lizzy penny 1967
He was over the moon
You should have seen the smile on his face
My friend is Welsh born in port talport
He has reported that. He will be buying a detector stating that he has some World War Two bunkers near to where he is living
I my self on the visit to the beach was surprised to find more in the time on the beach than I have on the fields for a while
Don't get me wrong I love pasture but as it has been quite wet at the moment it was a good experience
Maybe I might find a bit of gold in the future

It's an uphill struggle but i'm with you all the way
win

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2013, 06:21:46 PM »

You can't do better than read carefully what David (Glynkid) wrote. iIs full of useful tips. He rings me  twice a week to go detecting with him on the latest farms he's secured permission for. Whether you agree with what he wrote or not, it certainly works.
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2013, 07:47:07 PM »

Can someone give some info please had new permission this morning then found out he's only renting the land off a local farmer . should I carry on detecting or visit the land owner  don't know what to do i could  lose permission iv been wanting this farm for ages . Good news he does have his own farm I can use in 1 hour drive away so happy days.

I had permission to detect on some rented land  from the renting farmer - however the land owner decided he didn't want anyone on his land, so that finished. It's sad as it was good land.
cardiffian

Minelab Explorer, Deus

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2013, 10:17:16 PM »

Well in 36 years I've never once mentioned a contract and never would, if there is no contract but permission has been granted then the law will split finds 50-50 with or without a contract,
I find with my farmers that if you start making things official they don't like it.
But I do agree that if you get one farm and then radiate out and use the last as a reference as in " hello, I got your name from "Jo Bloggs" I do some detecting on his land and he said you would be the man to talk to" etc etc.

I said that I try and secure written agreement. If the farmer's don't wish to do so then I do not push it. Are you talking law as in the Treasure Act or in general? Outside of the Treasure Act anything you find while detecting legally belongs to the landowner and he is quite within his rights to ask for anything that you should so find on his land. Most landowner's play fair and will usually honour any verbal agreements regarding finds. However, that is not to say that a farmer will not renage on on any agreement if you found something of high value. I am sure it will have happened to someone somewhere. So no, it doesn't hurt to get a written agreement if you can. It is even stated in the Treasure Act "To avoid subsequent disputes it is advisable to get permission in writing".

Yes the Treasure rewards will be paid out 50/50 (unless stated otherwise). In the event of a Treasure item being disclaimed, the Treasure Registrar before returnng the find will write to the landowner to see if he wishes to pursue a claim to the find, through his common law rights as the owner of the site.  I have been lucky to have found a number of Treasure items. Some I have written agrements, and some not. I have never had a problem but that is not to say someone else won't. If you have a written agreement you are always covered.

Hammered                 5         
Roman bronze          10
William 111 shilling
Disc brooches             2
Med. silver annular brooch
carling

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2013, 01:35:30 PM »

ive also found serveral treasure items in the past,,the last 1 i found was 18 months ago {i recorded it and gave the farmers details}18 months have now passed ,as the farmer had any correspondence from flo/bm?,,,,has he buggery the item has been returned to myself,and passed on to the farmer ,could i have just found it and sold it {yes i could ,but i havent ,,if the powers that be aint going to do what it says on the tin then these contracts aint worth the paper they're written on,,,,,if i ever find another treasure item its been given to the rightfull owner {the farmer}as we all know most of these treasure items are worth less than a good hammy.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 05:12:13 PM by handyman [Alan} » Logged
galoshers

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2013, 01:43:37 PM »

the remedy is fooolproof if you take a blond Pamela Anderson lookalike with big bazookas ,that will keep him occupied and he will say yes for sure ,never been known to fail as he will have a big smile on his face Grin
Bling (mark)

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2013, 02:33:07 PM »

Wow it worked man boobs out covered with plenty of lip balm (cold weather protection ) scored another local farm.

Soveriegn xs2 pro / goldmaxx power v4 /makro racer
cardiffian

Minelab Explorer, Deus

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 09:38:07 PM »

ive also found serveral treasure items in the past,,the last 1 i found was 18 months ago {i recorded it and gave the farmers details}18 months have now passed ,as the farmer had any correspondence from flo/bm?,,,,has he buggery the item has been returned to myself,and passed on to the farmer ,could i have just found it and sold it {yes i could ,but i havent ,,if the powers that be aint going to do what it says on the tin then these contracts aint worth the paper they're written on,,,,,if i ever find another treasure item its been given to the rightfull owner {the farmer}as we all know most of these treasure items are worth less than a good hammy.
After I have gained permission I will meet with the landowner to discuss 'terms and conditions'. I usually get a verbal 50/50 agreement but will ask them if they would prefer a written agreement. This option is never forced upon them. However, I would say about 80% have taken up the option of a written agreement. Maybe the high take up is because they are business people. I am no legal expert but I am of the understanding that if a dispute ended up in the courts a contract would 'be worth the paper it was written on.'

I also explain to the landowners the legal requirement for reporting Treasure etc, and that it can take up to 3 years to reach a conclusion (definitely in Dorset). They have a full understanding and know what to expect from the outset. The Treasure process can be frustrating and I have had my fair share of it. In a couple of cases I have had to request copies of all correspondence because I have not received a single letter. However, a disclaimed item of Treasure will not be released to the finder without a letter having been sent to the farmer requesting permission to do so. They will only release it without the landowner's permission, after a final letter has been sent to them. This letter usually says that if they do not object or respond within 28 days they will return the find to the finder.

I am not sure if I have read correctly? Are you suggesting that you will give future Treasure finds to the landowner without putting them through the Treasure process? If so, it may be advisable to explain to the farmer the implications first, in case he isn't aware of the law pertaining to the Treasure Act.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 09:41:02 PM by cardiffian » Logged

Hammered                 5         
Roman bronze          10
William 111 shilling
Disc brooches             2
Med. silver annular brooch
Lady Marian
Rally attendee

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2013, 09:50:54 PM »

i've never heard so much nonsence in my life about getting permission.  just knock the farmers door and ask him if you can metal detect on his land he'll either say yes or no
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2013, 10:28:43 PM »

i've never heard so much nonsence in my life about getting permission.  just knock the farmers door and ask him if you can metal detect on his land he'll either say yes or no

Being a woman, you probably find it's easier!  Grin Grin Grin

Whiteduke

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2013, 11:10:48 PM »

If only Kiss

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal