Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Virginity Lost and very happy  (Read 2764 times)
TJ

« on: December 21, 2012, 01:07:36 PM »

Today was the day  Grin No rain early morning mist shrouding over the Gower penninsula.
Time to start my new Hobby  Grin
Off to the Beach with the missus and dogs ready to find my first treasure.  Grin
arrived early morning , sun peeking over the horizon shining brightly across deserted beach apart from an old couple and their dogs , a photographer and a Woman on a horse.
Wellies on, spade in hand , Earphones attached and my new Garrett ace 250 powered up on all metal mode i looked like Bill Murray in Ghostbusters ready to prevent the end of the world. Grin Grin
Off went the dogs and the missus sprinting (the dogs that is )across the openess of the Gower Beach tongue and tails wagging in anticipation of what they may encounter, perhaps a rabbit or two  in the dunes  Grin

Off i went oblivious to the world with my headphones on  concentrating deeply on the beeps and burbs of my wonderful new machine , it did not take long when i encountered a high pitched tone and remembering what the manual had taught me i criss crossed the point and pinpointed the target  Grin assuming it to be coin i dug to a depth of 4 inches as indicated and FOUND my first encrusted coin  Grin Grin Grin Grin  Then i encountered what must have been a lot of iron as the low tones kept beeping and beeping. I turned down the discrimination and went onto relic mode and found what was an old huge chain link  two old cans of coke and an aluminium  window stay   Angry
Many holes later i realised that my next treat for myself  will be a pro pointer as i was simply sifting through wet sand not really knowing what i should be looking for without any luck.
What seemed like half an hour was infact one and a half hours Shocked :
It was time to head home , Dogs were well exercised i was totally engrossed in my encrusted Gold coin and the missus needed the loo Angry
Off i went home hopefully to clean up my Gold Spanish treasure and after what was rigourous cleaning of my coin it turned out not to be  Golden treasure but a 1996 Two pence piece covered in crud   Angry

Never mind  it was worth it and i am now totally hooked  on Metal detecting and history.
Next time who knows   Wink

Garrett AT Pro International
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 01:24:57 PM »

Good account there, Well done on your first treasure and I look forward to the next installment.  Smiley

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
Whiteduke

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 01:48:44 PM »

you are so honest.

are you sure you didnt find a gold ring ,just as you were packing up? Wink
TJ

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 02:25:51 PM »

No Gold Ring  LOL Grin
Just ordered my new Garrett  Pro Pointer off Ebay Grin
No more sand sifting for hours on end  Grin. Should be here by Friday Next week  Grin Grin

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 03:30:21 PM »

Well done TJ on getting so many jobs done at once. It's a sad fact that most of us dont do any better.
My Hubby keeps pulling my leg by knocking the value of each coin I find from the initial outlay of the detector. Not sure what we're down to now but I know it's still in the hundreds unless you take into account how much the pleasure of detecting costs.
Better luck next time.  Grin

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 03:59:59 PM »

good report tj , welcome to the mad world of metal detecting  Smiley Smiley

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 05:20:33 PM »

Keep at it dude - we all started at the beach and eventually went onto bigger and better things. Roman and Medieval finds are just round the corner waiting for you to come knocking!

We should be announcing a detectingwales rally shortly - obviously as a member you are now welcome to attend.

All the best
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
TJ

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 05:30:44 PM »

Thanks
I will keep at it and i would be delighted to come on a rally with you all
Very new to the game but very keen to learn, Hope to join a local club in the new year.
Got a Caravan down Cardigan way and hope to be up to speed when it opens up again in March and then hopefully get permission to detect some land on the weekends , if not , plenty of beaches to detect  Grin

thanks
TJ

WeCan-Octavian
Superhero Member

''On it like Sonic''

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 06:53:26 PM »

Well done TJ keep em coming  Grin

''By order of the long haired general'' I now use a Minelab !!!!!
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 11:04:53 PM »

keep swingin the the gold is there ;)mike

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal