Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Probe  (Read 7419 times)
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« on: May 07, 2009, 10:47:31 AM »

I have had a few probes over 20 years of detecting most of which have got broken
because they were not very well built. I sold a Whites probe (I got it when I bought
a job lot) as it was awful.

A couple of weeks ago I lashed out £83 for the Garrett Probe. The design and quality
is streets ahead of anything I have used before. Pricey but well worth the money as
it operates superbly and even comes with it's own holder which clips over a thick
belt.

Does the job in the field better than any other probe I've used. Vibrates more the
closer you get to the target and has a loud sound too which is good as I'm deaf in
one ear.

Operates on one PP3 and supposedly the battery lasts 40 hours.

You won't be dissapointed.

Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 11:20:45 AM »

Hi. Did you shop around before you bought? I've asked on the forum if anyone knows of any deals going but there don't appear to be any. Definitely going to splash the cash on one next payday. I haven't heard a bad review.
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 12:35:39 PM »

Hello RJM I,ve got my eye on one of those pistol probes the reason being they are a pulse unit a miniture detector really not only can it be used for pinpointing but also for searching in tight places like crevices in rocks under tree stumps etc   Roll Eyes mole

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
Debbie

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 12:59:21 PM »

Have any of you guys seen any comparisons between the Garrett and the DetectorPro 'Pistol' probe?  Here is a link to the DetectorPro review:
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?11,814704
Looks handy for both beach and land. Undecided
Stig(The)
Superhero Member

X-Terra 70 user.

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 01:38:54 PM »

Never had a probe personnally but have heard some good reviews about the Garrett!
These go for around £85 + p&p on E-bay so alittle pricey compared to other available Models.
But as they say "you get what you pay for"  Smiley

The challenge of history is to recover the past and introduce it to the present.
Richy
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 01:47:58 PM »

I've got a Garrett probe and wouldn't go 'tectin without it, brilliant bit of kit.It's waterproof and knocks spots off the cheaper models. No tuning, just press the button and away you go. Smiley Smiley

Richy.

You can show a gift horse water but a pencil must be lead.
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 06:15:14 PM »

Hi. Did you shop around before you bought? I've asked on the forum if anyone knows of any deals going but there don't appear to be any. Definitely going to splash the cash on one next payday. I haven't heard a bad review.

I had a look on E Bay (as you do) and various adverts and eventually bought from Pepsi Piros detectors
in The Treasure Hunting mag as there price was slightly cheaper and included the postage. I phoned up and
it arrived the following day.

steven king

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 02:33:31 PM »

I find a probe a most useful bit of kit - when you are trying to keep the size of the hole to a minimum and the target is just off centre, then the probe can indicate which side wall needs a little further excavation.
Jeffc

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 04:05:01 PM »

As I said on one of the other threads I had one for Christmas and wouldn't be without it now. I use it whenever the signal doesn't come out in the first 4 or 5 inches or when the ground is difficult - stones or tree roots. You can tell exactly where it is and avoid possible damage or huge holes!
buzzerman

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 06:34:54 PM »

got to be the garrett probe.
Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 07:45:04 PM »

Probably due to the release of the new Garrett and all the great reviews the Pro 11 Pinpoint Probe seems to be coming down in price. £19.95 and £2 postage.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal