Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie with a minelab explorer 2  (Read 2734 times)
alun

« on: November 15, 2012, 05:00:54 PM »

Huh Hi all
 I am sure one of you can help me out in how to operate the explorer to its best capabilities as i brain is fried already.
My son who is 7 has always wanted to have a go at metal detecting, and last year i done the sin of buying a really really cheap one, which i am sure must have been a toaster in its last life. I mentioned this to a mate in work, who has lent me this baby to try out  Roll Eyes I have read the book, watched the dvd, and ventured out for the first time last week on a local beach, but only found the coins i was setting out to test the unit.
OK  I could fumble on for a while, but i think i will have to take this hobby up as moral support for my boy, as the thought of finding something which has been lost realy interests me big time.
OK, please help if you can.
p.s My mate had this given to him by his brother, who has since passed away.

Roman Artefacts: 6
Gold:         3
Medieval 15
Silver:34
Etrac
AT Pro
Whites
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 05:15:20 PM »

Theres plenty of help on here Alun. I've got an explorer range minelab but its an Etrac. Theres loads of people on here with explorers to help you out.

Welcome to DW.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
alun

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 06:34:09 PM »

Thanks Rob, nice welcome and great replies.

Mike your advice sounds great (technical but great), time to clear the dinning table and check out the menus as you suggested.
Thanks again

Medieval 15
Etrac
AT Pro
Whites
shunggav

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 06:39:41 PM »

Hi I use the exploiter 2 if anywhere near forst of dean u more welcome join me for da day

The chicken came first – God would look silly sitting on an egg...... if u like me add me on facebook........ gavin  warren
db4

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 06:42:02 PM »

Hi Alaun i use an explorer se best to start if not use to one is use factory settings or default
Power on holding the power button for 2/3 seconds
alun

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 06:51:44 PM »

Great advice guys and so fast. Would love to take you up on your offer shunggav, but i live just outside Neath, I dare say when i get use to this little gem you may see me on one of your hunts. Itching now to get out lol Smiley

Medieval 15
Etrac
AT Pro
Whites
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 07:04:43 PM »

Hi mate , my advice is get a programm you think its easy for you to understand  they are so many but if you just use the same one old the time after a while you will master the explorer , you got a good start by watching videos getting info about the detector and so on but be aware and i am been honest its not a 3 days games with this machine you need couple of weeks or month to learn the explorer but after that you will never look back its a top machine so start playing with 2 or 3 progr , even in your back garden burrried coins and different metal gold , silver , bronze and pass the detector over this targets and listen the tone carefully and look at the screen where is situated but do that for a while and use the other programms and repeat you will find one of them easy to play but keep the one you think its easy for you . that the way i learn detecting with my explorer again its not in 3 days  it will happen  , did take me  a while .
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 07:07:41 PM by Napoleon » Logged
alun

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 07:46:52 PM »

Grin d4b
 your a gem thank. made my first few finds on the weekend, nothing spectacular but its as  start all pre decimal, even down to a 1954 sixpence on Aberavon beach. lol.
Anyway thank all for your advice that's my first leaning curve done.
Oh nice to meet you Howard look forward to meeting others

Medieval 15
Etrac
AT Pro
Whites

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home